Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Old World, Ancient Fantasy: Mysteries of (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Alright so, I've been world building this thing for a long time. The setting is in some vague ancient past. A time where dinosaurs are common place, Beasts of the Land are prehistoric, or monstrous, and the ways of life were simple. Why dinosaurs? Because they're cool, and Dinotopia was sweet. The main locations will be Semi-historically accurate cities of Mesopotamia. Babylon, Ninpur, Uruk, Asharbanipal, Etc. As well as some locations in Egypt, as well as a few other locations that will be detailed on the map (Yes I made a map). I'm a bit of an Archeology, and History nut so these locations are mostly accurate, with some fantasy license. The main themes will revolve around these sorts of ancient cultures. This is a low tech setting. Gunpowder is not a thing. Think, Rome for technology-ish. Late Bronze-Early Iron age kind of stuff.

The point of this setting is to make you feel like epic mythical heros. Demons, and monsters are just, part of reality. So play a Hercules, or Gilgamesh in allegory if you want to. Just keep it, with in the realm of plausibility for narrative synchronicity. The only real rule, is the same that applies to those Mythical Heroes. Power, has a cost. Nothing is given and must be earned. Finally, even Achilles had his heel. So, do a MHA or something. What is the downside of, whatever neat thing your character does, and how do you deal with it. I find it makes play much more interesting. Some cultural norms are painted on fantastical races. Notably, Dragonborn are like romans. Leonin (lion people) are Greek, etc.

Truthfully I don't care too much what your character is, I can probably figure out some way to work them into the story. There are some guidelines of course, but Imagination is important too.

I'm looking for a max group of around 5-6 and no more than 8 that's about how many people I can handle at one time. There will be some light rolling occasionally as well since randomness and chaos drive story. If you're interested hit me up. Open to All Ages though some 16+ themes of violence and brutality are likely to happen. Anything Sexually explicit will Fade to Black.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Old World, Ancient Fantasy: Mysteries of (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus