Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for Trouble (OC x OC, Rivals to (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Vick (played by pepelu)

It’s been awhile since I last roleplayed seriously, and I’m itching to get back into it. Looking for a partner to do a fun, heartfelt, and a little bit cliché OC x OC rivals to lovers slow burn plot. Nothing fancy, just a simple slice of life to get myself back into the swing of things.

General notes:
    - Quality over quantity is important, of course, but I need a good bit of writing to work with. At bare minimum I’d like a paragraph for each response.
    - Please, please, please have good grammar and spelling!
    - I don’t have a firm estimate on how long this roleplay will go, (At minimum, maybe a couple of months?) but I’d like it to be long term, so please go in with that expectation.
    - As summer ends and the school year comes around I’ll be a bit busy, so I can’t promise consistent daily responses. I’ll be able to get back to you at least once a week, but if I can’t for whatever reason (Homework, mental health, etc.) I’ll of course reach out. In turn I expect the same from you, if you can’t send a response for awhile, let me know! I won’t judge you for it, and I won’t pry as to why you can’t.
    - To continue from the last point; communication is key! Look, we don’t have to chat every day, but it’s nice to bond over our characters in some way or another. I’ve found that the best roleplays I’ve done have been with people who I can discuss at length our characters and plot.
    - If you don’t like how the roleplay is turning out, let me know and we can change certain parts or even end it entirely. Please don’t jump to ghosting me. (I get it, confrontation = terrifying, but I’d prefer to be told if what I’m doing isn’t working.)
    - I’m not super picky over where the roleplay takes place, though I do have a preference towards Discord purely because it’s what I’m used to using.

Anyways, base plot is as follows:

Y/C and Vick have hated each other since— well, since basically forever. Some say it started when Y/C “tripped” and poured the contents of their school lunch onto Vick's head, whereas others are adamant that it was when Vick managed to sneak nearly 1000 rubber centipedes into Y/C's locker, but if it's up to Y/C, that’s not the important part. Vick hasn’t tried to mend things with Y/C, so Y/C hasn’t tried to make peace with them, simple as that.

It’s when the two are paired up for a semester long project during the last months of senior year that things start to get complicated. A co-written paper at this level could make or break Y/C's grade in English, and with Vick breathing down their neck for the bulk of it? Y/C is ready for all hell to break loose. But as the two move past their residual apprehension, it starts to dawn on the both of them that they were never as different as they once thought, and that they could offer each other a lot more than a shallow rivalry based on misconception.

Look, it’s not like Y/C went into their last year of high-school looking for trouble, but when you’re assigned to work with it, it kinda starts to follow you.

With that out of the way, a couple more things, and then I’ll wrap up:
    - The character you’ll be playing as should oppose Vick in some way. They don’t have to be polar opposites, I mean, the whole point is that deep down they’re not so different after all, but there should be something cementing their rivalry with each other. For example, Vick’s a smart-ass metalhead, so maybe your character is a classical music enthusiast who’s a massive teachers pet? Again, they don’t have to completely oppose each other, but enough for it to work as an enemies/rivals to lovers plot.
    - The character you’ll be playing should be female or under the non-binary umbrella, as Vick isn’t attracted to men. This is non negotiable.
    - It’s fine by me if you make a character specifically for this, but said character should be fairly fleshed out.
    - Both characters are established to be in their senior year, so your character should be Vick's age (18) or a year younger.

Alright! That's all I have to say. If you're interested in this plot, or have any questions about it, send a reply and I'll try and get back to you quickly!
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 20%
A peaceful setting, but with a chance for small fights and struggles to break out on a very small scale.
Romance 70%
Romance is required, but may take some time to develop. For example: slow burn RPs.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Hey, I just join this site an I saw your post. I would like to join this please. Would that be alright?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for Trouble (OC x OC, Rivals to (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus