Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » who wants to play a deadly game? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Okay, recently I had come up with two brilliant ideas for rp's, both survival type games. They are called "the looking glass games" and "the sheperds game". I'll take a brief moment to summarize what they both are.

Sheperds game
In this rp we have two very important people, the hunter and the sheperd. We aslo have to groups of animals, the sheep and the wolves. The sheep must all be gathered by the sheperd and taken to one of the safe zones in wherever the game takes place. However, wolves can kill sheep and steal an item that all sheep are required to carry called the sheep's clothing. If they steal that, they are able to possibly kill the sheperd, winning the game for the wolves. That is, unless the hunter finds them. The hunter I given a weapon of their choice and is allowed to kill the wolves if he or she sees them. If all of the wolves die, the sheperd and hunter win. I recommend this be an open rp and everyon uses humans, but the last part isn't mandatory.

The looking glass games
In this game a group of players is put in an Alice in wonderland typ environment and is told to survive. At first, all seems peacful and they will begin to wonder what there is to fear. That's when the creatures of the dark parts of wonderland become more obvious and survival gets a bit more difficult. There will be some people who will try to help the characters but not in a straightforward way, for instance the use of riddles and clues to where things might be located. Whoever survives and makes it to the golden looking glass located in the palace of the queen of hearts wins. But be warned, she is the most dangerous of all. Again, I recommend this be an open forum so anyone can join and for this the use of any type of character is fine.
<-- Nathan would be perfect for this scenario as his background comes of hunting wolves.

It sounds epic. Although if it's an open RP with others, will that mean there is only one shepherd or can there be more than one? Also, are there safe-zones where the sheep can be safely hidden/protected from the wolves--and do they venture out only at certain times of the day/night?

I'm also assuming dice would be used or did you have another method for determining how a situation ended?

It could be a fun little side-quest for my character to happen upon. Especially if he gets to Shepherd with another person.
Apprenticedmage Topic Starter

I'd be fine with more than one sheperd. I hadn't thought of using dice so thanks for the idea :-). I think it would be best for the sheperds to have to lead the sheep around during the day and find a shelter at night that the wolves aren't allowed to enter.
I say dice tentatively, because dice tend to hate me... XD

Also, there could be additional things like maybe the Shepherd gets lost and can't find the shelter in time, or a sheep wanders off and they have to find it. Or...if a sheep is stolen by a wolf--would there be any possible way to recover it?

(Just throwing these ideas out there, trying to get a feel for the game.) :)

I guess the sheperd could roll a 1d6 and if he gets an even number he finds the sheep and if its odd the wolf can kill the sheep. Give me a minute I'll think of what to do for getting lost.

Okay, maybe what could happen is we use the 1d6 (which will be crucial in both games probably.) And if the sheperd gets a two or one they can't find the shelter and have to figure something else out for protection against the wolves for the night.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » who wants to play a deadly game? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus