Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » I'm Requisitioning Your Ship (Sci-fi) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The frontier of colonised space is a place rife with criminals. But sometimes, it is those in league with law enforcement who bring turmoil...

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are required. This is a personal preference due to the age gap there would otherwise be.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

Your character is setting off to leave a planet on the frontier of known space aboard their ship when a cyborg mercenary holds them at gun-arm-point, restrained bounty in tow. Their demand - take them to a nearby prison station to drop off their prisoner. But what might at first seem like a straight-forward detour worth heeding is about to take a turn for the worse...

So this is essentially an idea for a space adventure RP. Two characters are forced together by circumstance by unexpected events. I'm essentially looking for a character with a transport/gunship (think Millennium Falcon sized, or there abouts) to hang around with my cyborg mercenary and get into trouble. Any species is welcome, providing they work for space sci-fi. The setting can either be fully original or based on one of the following franchises: Star Wars (Legends, not Disney), Star Trek, Babylon 5 or Egosoft's X series.

The story is flexible and will mostly be developed as we go, though I have a few starter ideas to set things off. Once that initial prologue situation is out of the way, feel free to add your own plot points if you so wish.

Naturally, given Ch-tkt's anatomy, romance is off the table... I mean you can try (and it might be hilarious), but it won't get anywhere.
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 90%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (faster than light)
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 10%
Romantic themes are possible, but won't pan out. For example: unrequited love.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Sev Ornil (played by AlienDude)

Hi! New here, saw this post a few days ago, and found myself interested. Just finished my first character profile, someone I think fits your RP storyline. As a forewarning, I'm a slow poster... if that's not a problem, great! Let me know how you want to proceed. Thanks...
Ch-tkt Chtaktch'kcha (played by Riik) Topic Starter

Sev Ornil wrote:
Hi! New here, saw this post a few days ago, and found myself interested. Just finished my first character profile, someone I think fits your RP storyline. As a forewarning, I'm a slow poster... if that's not a problem, great! Let me know how you want to proceed. Thanks...

Slow isn't a problem. In fact, I've got quite a few RPs going right now that are very much on the slow side. I don't have any problem with your character, either. Hit me up with a PM reply and let me know a bit about what you have in mind for your character's ship and any details in terms of setting that you feel should be included. I have a sort of go-to universe of my own design that I default to with sci-fi RPs, which has plenty of wiggle room for inserts from partners, but has a very specific vision for what's going on with humanity. It's not a mandatory setting, of course - particularly given the option of instead borrowing the setting from the franchises listed in the OP - but if that doesn't line up with the setting you want, it's open for discussion.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » I'm Requisitioning Your Ship (Sci-fi) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus