Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Just Beyond the Horizon [private rp]

Private rp between me and Louis (Fopsie)
Penelope Hathaway (played by Automata) Topic Starter

Penelope strode through the forest- she could have sworn she hadn't gone that far off the beaten path! She knew this place like the back of her hand, and yet... it all seemed so foreign now- Where was she? As the sun began to sink, she decided to take shelter and rest beneath a mighty oak. There were no predators in these woods this time of year, she thought. She'd at least be safe until morning.
Louis (played by Fopsie)

The next time she awakens, she's not in the forest, but in a cozy bed. One surrounded in decor pertaining to gemstones and minerals. Sunlight streams in from an open window and footsteps can be heard outside of a door.

"Hnmh-..." She observes her surroundings with dazed eyes, still half-asleep. Was this a dream, or was she really here? Her body felt heavy, still shaking off the shackles of slumber, but she was able to turn the covers back and sit up, scanning the rest of the room, eyes still half shut.
Louis (played by Fopsie)

The rest of the room isn't that different from her initial view. More crystals and minerals. Though one odd thing is what appears to be a talisman hanging above the door. The footsteps can still be heard.

Penelope turns her eyes toward the door, listening to the footsteps... Are they approaching? Who could it be? Can she escape? Should she run? It doesn't feel like anything happened to her- Thoughts raced through her mind.

She can feel her heartbeat in her ears, in her throat, increasing as she thinks about her next move- what is beyond this door, what do they want, and should she run?
Louis (played by Fopsie)

The footsteps suddenly pause... Before suddenly getting closer-
A deep voice comes from the other side,
"Hello? Are you awake?"

She gasps, not expecting a response, her eyes locking to the door-

"U-uhm, yes, but... where am I?" She spoke softly, confused and a little afraid. What was she going to do now???
Louis (played by Fopsie)

The door slowly opens, revealing the "person" on the other side. In all reality he only looked human from the neck down. His head was replaced by an anomalous skull being a cross of a deer and wolf. Tall antlers stretched up, decorated by gold chains and and jewels.
"You're in my home, I found you"

"H-how?? How did you find me?? Was I that close to the road??"

Her face drops-

"H-how am I even gonna get back home now??"
Louis (played by Fopsie)

"I was doing my daily gathering and found you asleep." He tilted his head at her slightly.
"How? You say that like I'm forcing you to stay here"

"I know you're not but, I was lost before, I'm even more lost now..."

She examines herself over... Was she cleaner than before?

"Uhm... on an unrelated note-" Her stomach growls in protest-
Louis (played by Fopsie)

"Food now, questions later. Come out when you're ready" He closes the door and walks away, evident by the fading of his footsteps. Its quiet once again..

She... is actually much more willing to come along now, slipping on her shoes and following him.
It's odd, but in a weird way, he's more calm about this whole ordeal, and that, on top of his mounting courtesy, makes her evermore calm in the face of this rather bizarre situation.

Penelope Hathaway wrote:
She... is actually much more willing to come along now, slipping on her shoes and following him.
It's odd, but in a weird way, this strange figure is more calm about this whole ordeal, and that, on top of this unknown "person's" mounting courtesy, makes her evermore calm in the face of this rather bizarre situation.
Louis (played by Fopsie)

He's sitting at a table down the hallway. A fire roars in a brick fireplace, a cast iron pot bubbling away just over it. It smells like savory home cooking and fresh bread...absolutely mouthwatering. He looks up from his book, genuinely not expecting her to come out so soon.
"Come, sit. It's nearly done"

"What is it? It smells really good-"

She sits, still eyeing up the place. It's odd at best, to see a house such as this one, so far into the countryside.
Louis (played by Fopsie)

"Stew. Just about the only thing I can make." He looks down at his book again.
"Would you like to explain exactly why you wandered so far? This isn't a safe time of the month to be getting lost." He glances at the window. Outside, vaguely glittery...things, are darting about, some coming closer to the window than others.

"I was looking for mushrooms and legumes, mostly. Things that grow along the forest floor, that make food taste better."

She holds her tongue-

"What do you mean, this time of month? What are you referring to?"
Louis (played by Fopsie)

"It's a full moon. Everything around here is absolutely supercharged with magic potential." He leans forward.
" and you went awfully far off the path for things I've seen growing just a few inches from the usual foot traffic." The gold on his antlers rattled.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Just Beyond the Horizon [private rp]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus