Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Dark or Adventurous Post-Apocalyptic/Dys (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Emily (played anonymously)

Hi there! I don't normally post here in the forums looking for specific RP but I'm yearning to use Emily. I've also put up a thing in the RP Finder just in case.

I'm looking for a darker roleplay because, let's face it, any sort of post-apocolyptic/dystopian story isn't going to be very peppy. So! I'd like something with a lot of struggle, conflict, hell even violence or questionable themes.

The basic idea behind Emily is that she's haunted by dreams of a place she'd never seen before. She's so consumed by that dream that she absolutely believes she knows it exists and where it may be. She's made it her goal in life to find it.

But here are the important details! Which I copy/pasted off my site so you don't have to dig around.
  • The world itself isn't in the worst of shapes - life could flourish again if given enough time and effort. That being said, the cause was an asteroid colliding with the planet years and years ago. Those closest to the place of impact died, while those furthest survived. That wasn't a terribly easy endeavor, however, because the impact caused dust and debris to coat the atmosphere, preventing much light from reaching the surface. Everything was dying off at a steady pace. Eventually the dust settled a bit more and light was allowed through, creating enough hope and drive for people to start trying to cultivate the land again. At the moment, Earth is cool and dry.
  • There is a lot of struggle. A lot. Guns are a little bit on the rare side unless scavenged and modified to create makeshift, shoddy ones. Those with guns are usually the ones in power, and rarely are they used for good. Specific groups of people who have these weapons include (certain) Merchants, Raiders, Purge groups, and Anarchists.
  • Merchants are groups of people who, you guessed it, sell things. More specifically, they barter. Food, supplies, fresh water, you name it! The Merchants who hold weapons such as improvised firearms are the ones individuals fear. These groups or individuals capture others in hopes of bartering them for things they need. These people are often used for work-oriented tasks and grunt work, but sometimes there are darker reasons behind a transaction.
  • Raiders are groups of individual that go into settlements in groups, take what they want, and leave. They do not injure until otherwise provoked, usually, but there are many cases where things have gotten out of hand and some Raiders grow confrontational and violent without reason.
  • Purge groups are collectives of people who take it upon themselves to rid the world of people who they feel waste resources. The elderly, the ill, the handicapped... They cherish children, though, as they are what will mold the future of the planet.
  • Anarchists are people who genuinely don't care. They want people to fear them, to give them control. They will burn a town's supply if it meant devastating them for resisting their attempt at takeover. They take what they want, do what they want, and are generally an unstoppable force. Many Merchants hire Anarchists to find suitable individuals for sale because of their reputation and use of force.

Overall imagine the world as being this big old husk of what it used to be. Dry, but not without plantlife. Mostly desert where the oceans used to be, but there's still water left. Animals have evolved and mutated due to the radiation from the asteroid.

What I'm looking for is someone to play one of the types of people above, whether as a secondary character (almost like an NPC or something) or their only character. It doesn't much matter to me. :).

Some interesting things to keep in mind during the RP:
  • Nuclear bombs and other weaponry could still be stashed somewhere beneath the planet's new surface.
  • Settlements usually collect in ruins rather than having started fresh on a bare plot of land. That being said, there may be some exceptions.
  • Slavery is normal, but it's usually just to have an extra hand in work or to go scavenging for food. Sometimes an individual is bought for more unpleasant purposes, but most of the time it is not. Many of the owners are women who need protection or people incapable of scavenging or working for long.
  • There is a lot of drug abuse, whether from near-ancient medication or new plants. It isn't abnormal for someone to be jacked up on something.

I don't require too much! In-depth, lengthy posts with okay grammar and spelling. I'd also like someone who can take the reigns a bit since I'm a bit bad at keeping plots going by myself. I'd be more than willing to discuss a plot idea with you, too!

If I decline RPing with you, I promise it's not a personal thing. It's more than likely that I feel our styles will not mesh very well at all. Thanks so much for reading this gigantic wall of text!
Five20

Ooh, I would love to RP with you! The depth put into this plot sounds fantastic, and I feel like my character Beau would work well in the story :) but we can PM each other if you'd like?
Emily (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Five20 wrote:
Ooh, I would love to RP with you! The depth put into this plot sounds fantastic, and I feel like my character Beau would work well in the story :) but we can PM each other if you'd like?

Awesome! Sent you a PM.
This sounds amazingly intriguing! I love dystopian/post-apocalyptic settings and would be very interested in getting on board with this idea :) I'm on my phone at work right now, so i will go back over the finer details of your setting when i get home, but it sounds promising, fun as hell, and right up my alley.
Also, i already have some ideas and concepts for both a raider and a merchant character... as well as a couple of plot/story ideas floating through my head. Send me a message sometime. I'll set up the profiles later today.
I'd be very interested in RPing with you :D
Emily (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Thanks for the interest guys! I'll have to get back to you on this in a few days, right now I'm getting ready to go on a trip over the weekend. When I'm back I'll post an update here and contact those who PMed me in return, too!

Thanks again!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Dark or Adventurous Post-Apocalyptic/Dys (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus