Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: Pondering An Orb

The warrior-guildmaiden was primarily busied with sharpening and organizing these days, what with weapons, papers, and knowledge, so much piled up all over her apartment! But now there was an orb she wanted to show off, having acquired it quite recently and expertly fixed the clockwork gears at the bottom.

"Show me my heart's desire!" She said cheerfully.

Glory, Health, Wealth, A Good Temper, A Snug Hat

She laughed, the gold writing from the orb dissipating as she yawned and stretched. It was partly serious and partly a little shallow, but also tempered itself gently to the needs and/or whims of the user at the time. Perhaps it would be a good fit for the Harvest Festival's spooky delightful festivities. She could program it, or simply guide the festivities, to take direction and dictate people's candy choices to her attention, so she'd know what to give them. A good idea! Brushing off her hands, she proceeded to box up the orb and bring it to the stall where she'd be giving out candy.


Have a good Halloween! Proclaimed the sign, and she smiled as people called out Happy Halloween and Happy Harvest Festival back to her. The Quest-Guide-Guild-Maiden-Warrior-Festivity-Host smiled brightly, waved, and called out, as the orb glistened and glimmered on the table before her. Approaching the table, a visitor could ask the orb a question or simply call out a greeting, or with a little finagling and some effort on her part and theirs, use sign language of some kind, and the orb would let her know what treat the person or being wanted. Then she could retrieve it from behind the counter, or set up a flash quest for it and have a hunter or animal helper bring it!

The festivities were just beginning. <3 :) 🍬 🍲 🍰 🥧 ☕

Remove this ad

Joel Menou (played by AgateTurtle)

"Hmm, a Harvest Festival. It brings me back..." Joel pondered as he entered the town. The young male mercenary was at awe on all the festivities around him. Many people were already dressed into spooky costumes. Luckily, Joel had his own. Changing his usual green cape to a black-and-red one and taking fake fangs into his mouth, his choice was that of a vampire.

It was, when the table set up by Miretta caught his attention, especially the orb. Curious, he walked closer.

"Happy Halloween!" he greeted.
Miretta (played by Shinyrainbowlithogra) Topic Starter

Smiling a professional smile, Miretta clicked a few brass keys at the back of the table, and the orb began to spin! He gears on it whirred and she asked the newcomer, "What is your desire, young sir? For you have surely got a need for refreshments or delicate delights on a day such as this! Happy Harvest Festival!" She smiled brightly, as the orb began to glow from the lower part of the inner glass. It swirled with glittering foggy mites, and a pale light swished out of it. It seemed to wash gently over the guest, and seemed to be analyzing him.

Miretta's eyes sparkled as she looked on. She definitely wasn't trying to use people as living experiments, but really this was so, so fascinating! What amazing gear magic at work! At... Clockwork. Hahaha!

She grinned a little bigger. "Great, right? Nice costume by the way."

Looking into it, he would see in the orb's depths a faint light and perhaps even an image of his desires. What could they be? Perhaps they could be met with a sweet or a morsel from the barrel, or maybe they were exotic and surprising. Only time, the orb, and the pondering newcomer could tell.....
Joel Menou (played by AgateTurtle)

Upon being greeted by Miretta, Joel smiled back. Although his attention was fixed on the orb. Actually, it was maybe the first time Joel saw such an item, despite the fact that he was in many places during his journey as a travelling mercenary and adventurer.

"Well, I would to have some red wine please." he said, glancing at the orb as he noticed the faint light. "Wow, this orb is really intriguing." he added.
Mr. Koala (played anonymously)

Mr. Koala peeks in looking around. He acted like he was being sneaky but every step was accompanied by the hollow thud of his plastic pumpkin candy bowl that he carried by the plastic handle. As he looked at the glowing orb he giggled and then looked around. "Trick or Treat!" He said looking up at everyone smiling. "I came for the candy!"
Miretta (played by Shinyrainbowlithogra) Topic Starter

Joel Menou wrote:
Upon being greeted by Miretta, Joel smiled back. Although his attention was fixed on the orb. Actually, it was maybe the first time Joel saw such an item, despite the fact that he was in many places during his journey as a travelling mercenary and adventurer.

"Well, I would to have some red wine please." he said, glancing at the orb as he noticed the faint light. "Wow, this orb is really intriguing." he added.


The orb began to spin rapidly, emitting a strange red light before beaming out a shower of crystals - but the crystals soon smattered into a shower of dust, and rebuilt before the guest's eyes as a flask of red wine. It was jeweled and glassy with dark leather, and Miretta paused for a single moment to appreciate it, a little shocked, before applauding and handing the fellow his wine. "Good job, guest-san! Thanks for coming by, please touch the panel on the right of the stall to be registered..."

She continued to tell him of the benefits of the Festival's extra sign-up package, including free meals and a boating view if you booked a room at the hotel, free hot tub baths, and a firework show in the evening... But all the time she was pondering this orb, how strange she didn't know it would look like that when it recreated an item! What a good idea to have it make physical creations with a slight modification to its standard (ha, as if it was anything normal or standard) functions.
Miretta (played by Shinyrainbowlithogra) Topic Starter

Mr. Koala wrote:
Mr. Koala peeks in looking around. He acted like he was being sneaky but every step was accompanied by the hollow thud of his plastic pumpkin candy bowl that he carried by the plastic handle. As he looked at the glowing orb he giggled and then looked around. "Trick or Treat!" He said looking up at everyone smiling. "I came for the candy!"

Miretta looked around, a little careful and trying to remain polite, before finally looking down and noticing where her new customer was. "Oh, hello! I thought you were one of the Wyverians for a moment, but no... What a precious accessory! Have a happy Harvest Festival, little friend! Ah, not to offend you. Let's see..." She placed her hand on a different gear, and simultaneously twisted a bulbous one on the opposite side. The orb spun smoothly, rapidly, and very slowly the other direction... Before popping out a handful's-worth of candy, fairly generic for the area (chewy fruit snacks, taffy, peppermint sticks, a caramel, and a packet of sizzlingly sweet and sour rainbow droplets). "Oh, well, little guy, is that enough for you? Or did you want something more specific? I hope that'll be okay but if it's not I'll try again til you're satisfied with the candy outcome." She beamed cheerfully. Ahh, customer service. She enjoyed the job, but of course you got nearly iron patience after stalking a Barroth, a Baggi, and the endless piles of paperwork the Wyverians Scientists like to shove toward her. Haha. Plus, it was her own fault for pressing the gears at the wrong time anyway.
Joel Menou (played by AgateTurtle)

Miretta wrote:
Joel Menou wrote:
Upon being greeted by Miretta, Joel smiled back. Although his attention was fixed on the orb. Actually, it was maybe the first time Joel saw such an item, despite the fact that he was in many places during his journey as a travelling mercenary and adventurer.

"Well, I would to have some red wine please." he said, glancing at the orb as he noticed the faint light. "Wow, this orb is really intriguing." he added.


The orb began to spin rapidly, emitting a strange red light before beaming out a shower of crystals - but the crystals soon smattered into a shower of dust, and rebuilt before the guest's eyes as a flask of red wine. It was jeweled and glassy with dark leather, and Miretta paused for a single moment to appreciate it, a little shocked, before applauding and handing the fellow his wine. "Good job, guest-san! Thanks for coming by, please touch the panel on the right of the stall to be registered..."

She continued to tell him of the benefits of the Festival's extra sign-up package, including free meals and a boating view if you booked a room at the hotel, free hot tub baths, and a firework show in the evening... But all the time she was pondering this orb, how strange she didn't know it would look like that when it recreated an item! What a good idea to have it make physical creations with a slight modification to its standard (ha, as if it was anything normal or standard) functions.


Joel was surprised as he was witnessing the orb creating a whole flask of red wine. He then smiled as Miretta handed it to him and cautiously lifted it up to take a better look of it. It was so geniune, the orb really did a fantastic job of creating it.

"Thank you so much!" he said. "This orb is very fantastic, being able recreate almost anything... Oh, and I would definately try out that extra sign-up package."

His attention then turned to the Koala next to him. This was the first time he saw such an animal.

"Hello there, little guy."
Miretta (played by Shinyrainbowlithogra) Topic Starter

Nodding, she gave a polite wave and fished out a colorful, shiny packet from a wooden box. "These are the rest of the details, in case you want to brush up on anything I just told you!"
The panel would chime when pressed, and a notification would be sent to the Hunter Tourism Association's Main Center. They would prepare a bed and room for the guest.

"Have a wonderful Harvest Festival! Let me know if you need anything else from the table, be it flyers or directions to the map setups! Bye bye!" Miretta beamed a friendly customer-servicing smile while waving, and turning to the other customer. The first adventurer didn't really have to leave although she had waved a farewell; it was just standard for guild maidens who liked short conversations, whether there were multiple or singular.
Queen Adele strode into the festive place, almost tingling with excitement at the fact that she was in the simple dresses of an ordinary peasant--if one with particularly good taste.

Her jet black hair was long and shiny, and it was suspiciously well kept. Likewise, her skin suspiciously smooth. However, other than that, she was sure she was pulling off the role of a common, peasant woman quite well.

It had been years since she'd been away from her kingdom, and this fall festival was the perfect chance to mingle among people who had never seen her lands and did not know she was a notoriously ruthless and widely feared sovereign. For once, she could just... mingle. Blend in.

"Greetings, fellow peasants!" Adele said confidently as she strode up to the attractive young lady who seemed to be in charge. She looked down warily at the furry creature and moved a bit farther away from it in case it was a biter.

"I have come from far away to experience this Fall Festival in your midst and to...make merry. Would you be so kind as to recommend an activity to do here? Something popular and very...common. Because I am but a common peasant, like you. I hope that a costume is not a requirement? Because these are surely my regular, everyday clothes, I assure you." She smiled brightly at the hostess.

Nailed it, she thought.
Joel Menou (played by AgateTurtle)

"Thanks a lot." Joel smiled at Miretta, accepting the packet. This definately would be useful. He then returned the wave before leaving. "Goodbye!"

He then walked out of the apartment, heading to the hotel. He couldnt wait to try everything out. One thing was sure: he would enjoy this Harvest Festival to the fullest.
Miretta (played by Shinyrainbowlithogra) Topic Starter

"Thanks for coming along!" Miretta called enthusiastically.

From the passersby emerged a beautiful woman, who seemed both simple and elegant. She was clean and elegant-seeming, a polished aura glowing about her even in her common clothes. There was certainly something more to her than met the eye, Miretta felt, but then again there were some people who kept to themselves and therefore kept themselves well.

"Greetings! Happy Harvest Festival. Of course there's no requirement - although the fireworks show often hosts crowds dressed in the traditional pumpkin outfit, or pets with an extra accessory or two, those are mostly locals who enough the extra effort. We encourage regulars, newcomers, and workers alike to enjoy the festival in whatever manner they deem fit - as long as it follows the rules, of course. But since that was what you were asking about, may I interest you in some of our booklets? We have guide pamphlets, restaurant recommendations, and if you press this panel here you can be taken to the Tourism Center. They'll direct you where you need to go for the Festival's best features, and they also supply messenger wyverns and stationery."

She cleared her throat, and continued, "Now if you wish to step up to this Orb and take a moment to ponder it, perhaps you'll think of something you'd like! Just say the words or wait for them to appear upon the glassine surface... And soon enough, we'll see what it brings out!" She beckoned toward the bluish orb on her grand desk.
"There are all sorts of things, so let's just see what you'll see, shall we?" Miretta beamed. It was so nice to interact with people during the festival. Beautiful ladies, handsome fearsome gentlemen, beautiful men, handsome fearless ladies, Palicoes and Palamutes, Wyverians, all sorts. There was candy and there were balloons, there were fruit shows, there was that thing with the scoutflies later in the evening.... There was a lot to look forward to, but the motley of people was what she adored most about this fest.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: Pondering An Orb

Moderators: Mina, MadRatBird, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ben, Darth_Angelus