Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: Alastor (Open)

Alastor (played by Jaws)

Note: This roleplay is intended to be more of a modern fanasty/sci-fi. Characters from other genres are welcomed though!

Alastor's home - A cheap-looking two story beige building with cracks within the bricks. It has a history of being a small apartment building then once was a bounty hunting office. The sign of the bounty bounty business is still in fact there and two of the windows are broken with the other two windows having A/C units sticking out of there. There is some trash littering around it due to passersby tossing their junk carelessly.

Alastor couldn't care less about Halloween himself; he just enjoying seeing the joy of others when receiving candy. Maybe deep down, he does this because of him missing out on Halloween as a child due to his religious parents. He attempted stick a couple of bat decorations on the windows.

Good-Neighbors-Bounty-Hunters-Menu.png
Image of reference
Lambert and Narinder (played by GU7TMUNCH3RZ)

the lamb approached the building, holding a little red bag, he knocked on the door and turned his crown into a sword
Alastor (played by Jaws) Topic Starter

"Coming! I am coming", he said as he grabbed the huge bowl of candy then opened the door. He looked down at the lamb, "And what are you supposed to be?"
Lambert and Narinder (played by GU7TMUNCH3RZ)

"We needed costumes?" He asked, confused on the question

Realizing it was not a costume, he shrugged, "Not really." He grabbed a handful of candy and placed into Lambert's bag, "Here we go, little guy. Enjoy your Halloween....small tip, rich looking houses have more candy. At least there is what kids told me in my childhood."
Balthazar (played anonymously)

Balthazar clambered up on top of the window unit and from there with persistent little claws upward further along the building's sign until he managed to land in an open area.

With a nonchalant swipe of the paw, he batted at a discarded bottle before he made his way to a window where a silly sticky cling of a bat had been haphazardly slapped on.

He sat at the ledge and began the tedious process of singing vibrantly, a yowling worthy of a boot willingly sacrificed from it's mate...

Al looked and saw a cat. He smiled and went inside his house then walked over to the cat, “Here is some bells. I don’t have anything else really.”

Balthazar silenced himself immediately once the man opened the window. He quickly whipped his head around mid-meow to look the other up and down. The expression the feline wore appeared to be amusement by the curve of his little mouth, or perhaps it was just a trick of the light.

He examined the proffered gift curiously noting the line of five single bells draped along a chord. The feline practically chirped and fluffed out his chest signifying his approval and waiting patiently for Alastor to place them about his neck.

He chuckled and place the bells around Balthazar’s neck. “There we go”, he said.

Pleased as peaches, Balthazar gave the fashioned collar a quick, little toss about his neck. It tinkled pleasantly back at him.

He gave Alastor a grateful little meow and rose to his feet. The offering was duly accepted. Alastor has passed the test and there will be no unnecessary bellowing at his window tonight.
A small framed, very short and blue skinned humanoid form worked its way through the street. She had rung a few doorbells, some with some luck and others with none. It didn't matter much to her though, or at least it seemed like it didn't bother her at all. She still had the same excited smile on her face as she moved onto the next door and found herself in front of an older looking building that had some trash littered outside.

By the door of the building, she paused her journey once more and put down her rather heavy looking, orange bag. To whom would really pay attention, it would be clear that the bag was supposed to resemble a pumpkin, although the black painted and seemingly carved-out sections were applied rather haphazardly. She wasn't dressed up but even though she just wore a generic black t-shirt, some white sneakers and a pair of jeans, it did seem like she was wearing a costume. With her usual cloak attached to her neck and her multiple black horns sticking out of her ghostly white hair, it seemed like she had heavily relied on body paint and made light use of accessories. Even though the gems on her skin were fully embedded in it, to an untrained eye they could've as well been superglued.

Reaching out with a single finger, she rang this doorbell as well and waited for the resident to appear at the door. If they did, she would clearly show her excitement and gratitude on her face before exclaiming "Trick or treat" and grabbing a handful of candy out of her bag to offer to them.

Kyreiia Aiioran wrote:
A small framed, very short and blue skinned humanoid form worked its way through the street. She had rung a few doorbells, some with some luck and others with none. It didn't matter much to her though, or at least it seemed like it didn't bother her at all. She still had the same excited smile on her face as she moved onto the next door and found herself in front of an older looking building that had some trash littered outside.

By the door of the building, she paused her journey once more and put down her rather heavy looking, orange bag. To whom would really pay attention, it would be clear that the bag was supposed to resemble a pumpkin, although the black painted and seemingly carved-out sections were applied rather haphazardly. She wasn't dressed up but even though she just wore a generic black t-shirt, some white sneakers and a pair of jeans, it did seem like she was wearing a costume. With her usual cloak attached to her neck and her multiple black horns sticking out of her ghostly white hair, it seemed like she had heavily relied on body paint and made light use of accessories. Even though the gems on her skin were fully embedded in it, to an untrained eye they could've as well been superglued.

Reaching out with a single finger, she rang this doorbell as well and waited for the resident to appear at the door. If they did, she would clearly show her excitement and gratitude on her face before exclaiming "Trick or treat" and grabbing a handful of candy out of her bag to offer to them.

Al tilted his head, not at her appearance but the fact that she was giving out candy. “I don’t eat candy but I guess my buddy will accept them”, he said as Mefitis formed and in their mouth was a pail from some grocery market.
Alastor wrote:
Kyreiia Aiioran wrote:

Al tilted his head, not at her appearance but the fact that she was giving out candy. “I don’t eat candy but I guess my buddy will accept them”, he said as Mefitis formed and in their mouth was a pail from some grocery market.

While to plenty of others, the resident's friend would've been enough to have them taken aback, Kyra simply smiled when the resident suggested that his buddy would accept the candy. The truth was that she had no idea she wasn't supposed to give out any, or that that wasn't how trick or treating worked. From what she had heard, people would dress up and go from house to house to trick or treat and, they would also give out candy. She only had failed to realize that the trick or treaters and the ones that handed out the candy weren't one and the same.

Without worry, but a little amused by the pail in the creatures' mouth, she moved her hand closer to the creature and offered them the candy.

"Not much of a sweet tooth then?" She asked curiously. Perhaps there was something else she could offer the resident himself? She freed up her other hand by placing her bag on the floor, and put it in her pocket to dig around, trying to find something else to give to the resident. When she pulled it out, she was holding an arrangement of trinkets, some small pieces of sapphire and moonstone while others were simply brooches, pins and peculiar coins she had managed to collect over time.

"Would you like any of these? You can choose." She offered, extending the hand to the resident as well to let him see what she had.

"No thanks", he said then thought for a second. "Hey, you got it all mixed up. See, people give candy when you visit their doorstep and not the other way around", he said, "Mefitis appreciates it though." The symbiote waved their tongue at her and make a delighted sound. Al chuckled and grabbed a handful of candy; an assortment of chocolates, gummy candies, and several oddly shaped lollipops that are purple and shaped like a demon's head.

126617.gif
Mr. Koala (played anonymously)

Walks up to the door looking at the other people with his pumpkin bucket, he only stood a foot tall. As he looked at them he yelled out from down below. "TRICK OR TREAT!"
Zoi Kinzoku (played by SoulHeart57)

Zoi walks up, shifting her form a bit to make a costume. “Trick or Treat! Please give me. A treat, i don’t like being tricked.”

He looked at Mr. Koala, "Hey there, little guy." He gave a handful of candy into the koala's pumpkin basket and said, "Stay safe."

Seeing Zoi shifting into a costume, he didn't questioned it. "Got anything that can store the candy?", he asked.
Alastor wrote:
"No thanks", he said then thought for a second. "Hey, you got it all mixed up. See, people give candy when you visit their doorstep and not the other way around", he said, "Mefitis appreciates it though." The symbiote waved their tongue at her and make a delighted sound. Al chuckled and grabbed a handful of candy; an assortment of chocolates, gummy candies, and several oddly shaped lollipops that are purple and shaped like a demon's head.

Her ears perked up a little at the refusal of the offered goods. Maybe what she was offering wasn't good enough? Kyra pouted a little, clearly showing some disappointment over her goods not being sufficient for the resident.

It was only when he explained that she got it all wrong that a light bulb seemed to start glowing above her head.

"So that's why people have been giving me funny looks all night! I thought we were supposed to hand out candy to the people whose house we trick or treated at." She admitted, smiling a little sheepishly.

Hearing that the symbiote did appreciate it followed by the delighted sound made her smile widen again. She may have been doing it wrong, but it seemed like it wasn't all for nothing.

When Al grabbed some of the candy, she allowed for him to hand some to her and then opened her hand with trinkets once more.

"Thank you, but I do insist. Choose something at least, even if it's just as a token of gratitude for your explanation." She offered, hoping that he would accept this time.
Zoi Kinzoku (played by SoulHeart57)

Zoi pulls out a shopping bag. “Here.”

"If you insist, I'll take a coin. It would be good start to my coin collection", he chuckled as he grabbed a Halloween-themed tote bag and placed candy into it then gave it to Zoi. "You will need a stronger bag for all the candy. Shopping bags will break at some point", he says as Mefitis nodded.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: Alastor (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus