Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » New Management (Open)

Vegas Mokoena Telvan (played anonymously)

The capitol of gambling in the universe, New Vegas. Run by a single man, rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams.

Well, Mokoena was not that man. But that was to change. The owner of New Vegas stayed on a radioactive planet, full of radiated life and dangers. Mokoena had just arrived, a pistol in his hand, and tokens to spend. New Vegas was about to have a change of management.

Mokoena sat at the campfire, his ship had crashed, the atmosphere had destroyed his ship, leaving him with only his pistol and ammo. He saw the gambling city, and the large tower that the owner lived in in the distance. Flashing lights and signs were noticeable. He looked down at the fire.
Emily (played anonymously)

For those who didn't gamble or weren't born into considerably more comfortable conditions, life was hard. It was terribly dangerous and any little wrong turn could be your last. That being said, Emily could be considered lucky. She trekked alone at an unimpressive age of eleven, yet somehow managed to keep herself alive. She even had little trouble from other individuals! Though that could be because she was continuously walking somewhere or another.

Emily saw the crash from the distance and thought it looked peculiar. Her intrigue vastly overshadowed the potential dangers that lurked out there. Following the smoke and flame, she eventually found an individual somewhere along the way settled near a campfire by his lonesome. Now at the moment, Emily was a bit of a distance away. That wouldn't last long, however, as curiosity drive her forward. As she approached, if the lighting was right, the stranger could see a short, presumably plump individual walking toward them. In truth she was covered in sweaters and a coat, which bulked her up a little bit.

When she got close enough, she stopped and watched. By then she was close enough to be lit by the fire. She cleared her throat, though whether or not she did it to get his attention was debatable.

"Is somebody dead?" She finally blurted morbidly. Her expression was more neutral than anything. She didn't seem afraid or even very curious. Just... Kind of bland for the moment.

((Sorry if there are any mistakes! I'm on mobile. ))
Vegas Mokoena Telvan (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Mokoena stood up, quiet. He reached into his pocket slowly. "Yeah." He said, pulling out a gun. "You if you don't tell me what you are doing here, who you are, and drop any weapons you have." He added as he pointed it at her. The barrel was extremely long on the gun, and some foreign type of gas mask was covering his face with a gray helmet on top. A trench coat covered gray armor across his body.

Emily stiffened a little when she saw him pull out the gun and aim it at her. For a good solid moment she fell silent and merely stared, wide-eyed, at the man. His voice was eerie because of the mask. She lowered her head a little so that the scarf she wore was pulled over her nose and mouth. The girl hadn't much fear when it came to threats. It was actions that scared her.

So instead of trembling and stammering over her words, she scampered over closer to him and stopped when she was about ten feet from him. "You won't kill me," she said matter-of-factly. "Because I'm a girl and guys don't kill girls."

She wore a frown now and crossed her arms over her chest before her eyes widened and she grew distracted. Her hand patted her chest and slipped into her coat rather quickly. She felt around before plucking out a hunk of old plastic. A crank-light? Yeah. Apparently she forgot it was in there. Whoops.

"Morals don't exist out here." Mokoena replied. His thumbed moved forward, pulling down the hammer in a loud and drawn out *CLICK*. "I will repeat. Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

Emily heard the click and grew a good bit more concerned. She took a step back and took a deep breath, mulling over her options. Yes, she could easily answer him but she was a kid and didn't think things through that well. And right now she was getting mad that he threatened her. So instead of being smart, Emily decided to act.

She threw the crank-light at him in hopes he'd be hit. Regardless of her success, she'd turn and flee because guns! Hated guns. Terrifying things.

Mokoena pushed it out of the air, going after her in a chase. "Hey!" He shouted. A horrifying thought rushed into his mind. She might be a scout for some bandit group. He began to run faster after her, putting his gun away, he would catch her and decide what to do later.

Considering she was a child wearing boots four sizes too large and several layers of bulky clothing, Emily wasn't going to be running very fast at all. She heard his footsteps behind her and she pressed on faster. Aw, dang. She thought for sure that'd knock him out or something! But sadly that was her just being unrealistic and optimistic.

He'd catch up to her easily enough.

(sorry for late reply, lots of schoolwork lately.)

Mokoena continued his chase, reaching for the collar of her shirt(s). He had to figure out if she was a scout, a spy, or a probe for some larger group.

((No worries. :).))

He probably wound up catching her by the scarf and/or hood of her jacket, as those were busy flapping about behind her as she tried to scurry away. Of course when this happened, her hands would get to work on slapping him with the force of a wet noodle.

Not very impressive, really.

Emily would then demand, "Let go!" As any sane person would when ensnared.

Mokoena started hauling her back to camp. "Who are you?" He demanded. "Who do you work for?"

"I'm going to bite you," she grumped, though there was no way in Hell her teeth would reach him like this. It was merely a threat, one she couldn't act upon and one that really wasn't that intimidating. His questions caused the girl to grunt uncomfortably and throw a kick his way. "I'm a person! A person with a name that you can't have because you're a meaniejerkfacebutthead!" Whoa. Burn. (Not really.) Didn't answer his next question, though.

Angry kids are the worst. Ugh.

What a brat.

Mokoena sighed as he pushed her kick back down. An idea came to mind, no big loss if it didn't. He made her sit in front of the fire, and he sat on the other side. He took of his mask, putting it beside him. "I'm Mokoena." (Mock-oh-in-ah) he said politely. "Who, are you?"

"I don't like your name," she said bluntly, her voice lacking much emotion on the matter. As if stating a fact, really. The girl shifted now that she was seated down, uncomfortable but knowing she wasn't fast enough to run off again. She wasn't very bright, but she still learned.

"I'm Emily Rose Lakeman." A bit of information here: she always introduces herself as her full name. Be lucky she didn't include her date of birth and so on, because that would be an awkward thing to try to explain.

(I had a time of brief inactivity but I AM ALIVE)

"It's not really a common name is it?" Mokoena replied. "A lot of my friends call me Vegas. Would you like me to call you Emily or Rose? Maybe Lakeman if you like." He learned a while ago about kids and how they respond to various mannerisms. He hoped this would help, if even a little. The ground shook for about a minute, and Mokoena looked towards where it came from. A mushroom cloud, miles away. Nukes still went off, most likely a mini-nuke, something common out here. Mokoena stared at it, the pure feeling of it's destruction slowly working its way into his mind.

((Haha, no worries! Welcome back. :3.))

Emily winced at that nickname. "That's a stupid name, too. I don't think your parents or friends are very smart... Or good at picking out names." Her eyes were focused on the fabric of her scarf, which she picked at relentlessly. "I wanna be called Emily." The explosion startled her just a little, enough to cause her to jump. When she saw the cloud, she grabbed her head, squeezed her eyes shut, and hunkered over. Despite how far away it was, she still thought of them as dangerous and that she was going to die. After a moment she calmed down, eyes glossy with tears that didn't yet pour out. When she straightened up, she sniffed, acting as if she hadn't just spazzed out.

Mokoena watched her for a moment. He decided to act like she was, like it didn't happen. He took off his helmet, a friendly face underneath. A few laugh lines, a small patch of hair in a rectangular shape on his chin, and brown hair with gray slashes right above his ears, along with blue eyes. "So, Emily. Who do you stay with out here?"

Emily grumped a bit and folded her arms tightly across her chest. "Oh now you wanna be nice. Well! I don't buy it." Huff.

Nice appearance or not, he waved a gun in her face moments ago. His question brought her out of her silence, though that pouty glare was now focused on him rather than the horizon. "Well I was walking with Samson, he was my pet. But I put him down so I could pee and a bird got him."

"Well, where are you going?" Mokoena asked in response. "Too bad about Samson. Was he a pet?" He added, thinking about a gerbil, or even a teddy bear. They used to have a teddy bear factory on this planet before the war, he remembered getting one imported from this planet.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » New Management (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus