Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Trumpet/Guitar Keeper, Sheet Music Writer

Hello hello!

I love everything music and I was happy to be a part of my school's band for about 4-5 years. I chose an instrument by grade 5, picked the trumpet because I liked how loud and prominent it was in classical music I would hear (including movie OSTs), I got to sit in the front row of the band, and often times was told to hush by my instructor as I always played too enthusiastically loud XD You couldn't change your choice of instrument since then as it would take too long to learn and get used to, so the trumpet was what I was stuck with :P Never regretted that choice, though.

I played many songs from different movies, got to perform at hotels, and feeling connected in the school's band and even my after-school band. I also learned how to read sheet music, which then helped me learn to write sheet music on my own on a program called Musescore! I've written plenty of sheet music, mostly very amateur in nature :P But looking back at them now, I have never felt so happy with the work I've made, no matter how small.

I got gifted a fully fledged guitar once I graduated high school, and since then it just kinda stayed there sitting in the corner, begging to be played as I had little to no time learning it, sadly. Buuuuut! One day I will, just when I'm a little less burnt-out from university :P But to conclude, music has helped me grow as a creative person, and I would never trade off these valuable experiences with anything else.

If you have any questions, or just wanna vibe about music and instruments, I'm happy to talk with ya'll! <3
Auberon Moderator

What's your favorite genre of music to play? Do you have a favorite song that you've performed?
Animatonica Topic Starter

Auberon wrote:
What's your favorite genre of music to play? Do you have a favorite song that you've performed?

Playing a genre is definitely something different than listening to a genre (as I really often listen to many different genres myself). But with the instruments and experience I had, I really enjoyed playing swing music, it's got a funky vibe and I'd love to do it again someday!

As for my favorite song that I've preformed, that's a really tough one! I think it was the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song? The Simpsons theme was also really fun to play on the trumpet too so that's probably sitting at second place. And all the Christmas songs too XD I don't remember their exact names and it seems like I don't know where I last put the sheet music, but it was always the hype movie songs, swing, and the Christmas songs that were really enjoyable to play.
Kim Site Admin

Do you plan/want to add additional instruments to your musical repertoire, or are these two enough to keep you happily busy forever? :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Trumpet/Guitar Keeper, Sheet Music Writer

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus