Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone watching Sonic Prime?

Came off playing Frontiers with a really positive vibe. Thought I'd try getting back into Sonic after mostly avoiding it for a few years. (Longtime Sonic fans can guess why I'm sure but the tl;dr is that my era was the Adventure era and I felt like it was no longer 'for me' after a point.) Anyway, Frontiers was good, so I was willing to give Prime a watch.

Not gonna spoil it obviously, and if the thread gets into spoilers, I'll use collapses for those. My non-spoiler impression is... It's good.
It's pretty fun, the action is creative and fun to watch. The animation is pretty nice.
I think the music has a lot of motifs that are familiar, though I don't think anything is explicitly a "remix."
The characters are handled alright and I really like the way the core conceit of the show lets the writing explore them more.
I wouldn't call it my favorite thing but it's better than what we've gotten for years. It fulfills that "I want a shounen anime adventure" desire (Sonic X did not...) and there isn't any of the annoying meta humor that plagued even the games for years.

Definitely gonna check out future episodes when they release.

How do others feel about it? Anyone besides me watching?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone watching Sonic Prime?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus