Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Style Questions

deleted cuz i feel cringey (played anonymously)

I'm wanting the static-y, glitch-y part of this style's character icon;

"Brilliantine and Dime Cigars"

"User created style
Designed by Rigby"

But with the style of Five's current, Airship Clean Blue style.
How would I acquire this? I have no knowledge of CSS and don't have the attention span to learn it just for this one thing.

Do I ask Rigby for this, or can it be done by someone else?
Kim Site Admin

I believe Rigby achieved that by making the area behind the character icon an animated gif of static, and then lowered the opacity of the image so that the gif background is faintly visible.

As presumably that gif belongs to Rigby, or is at least licensed by Rigby, you should talk to Rigby about whether they'd be willing to do some edits to the official airship style for you using their assets.
Yeah, the effect is achieved by overlaying in CSS. However, if you're not interested in learning CSS (I get it, I lose steam about halfway through all of my CSS projects) or don't have Epic, you can also get something similar by using Photomosh to manipulate your image directly, and then just re-uploading it:

https://photomosh.com/

Here's a very rough idea (I played around with "Scanlines" and "Slices" specifically) of what you can do, but definitely go and play around with it yourself, there's a LOT of options that might achieve something closer to what you want:

MOSHED-2022-12-25-11-51-40.gif

You can save it as a static snapshot or a short animated gif, though you'll have some colour-loss with gifs.
deleted cuz i feel cringey (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Aaaaah, thank you AJ_89...

wait a minute...
AJ Carmichael?! Is that you?! /jk
f44b7188cf360f130ee5dc2fd91aed60.jpg
Luscinioide

unrelated to css, but i will note to be careful with photomosh if you're using it as the character's main icon. lots of the options there are suuuper photosensitive/eye strain unfriendly
deleted cuz i feel cringey (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Saturninum wrote:
unrelated to css, but i will note to be careful with photomosh if you're using it as the character's main icon. lots of the options there are suuuper photosensitive/eye strain unfriendly

Yeah, I've noticed--
Luckily the one I'm using it very subtle and wouldn't cause any problems. :)
Some of those Photomosh settings are freaky tho- like wHOa-

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Style Questions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus