Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » RP AD Questions

VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
I actually have a lot of lore behind Dune and the airplane racing AU, but...I felt really, really discouraged at the time and didn't feel like writing any of it down because I felt as if no one would join. :')

Ah. Well, I think you should have written it down. Not for anyone. But for yourself. You like the character, don't you? So what if people don't join? I hope you're not as discouraged as you were before.

Like the characters I created, I created them for specific genres and to cater to some people, yes, but I took the time to write them for myself and to write characters I want to roleplay and enjoy. I really don't care if some don't like them nowadays. Like my character, Moritz, for example, is very niche and his look is very niche as well. But I enjoyed him a lot since he is my baby, my character that I literally poured my soul into since he represents my aimlessness and jadedness, and a character I've been working on for years. I do not roleplay as him nowadays but he is a creation that I am very proud of.

Nowadays, I roleplay as my new characters, that I created and love to play while still trying to cater to people and compromise with them.

What I am trying to say is that don't get discouraged. Just keep on trying. You will eventually find someone. I wonder if you are still Rping with Anakisuto since he or she took you up on that Rp offer.

Write characters for yourself. Something you would enjoy roleplaying as. Of course, still try to cater it to the needs of some people so there's some compromise that has to be made so you can get a partner. But at the end of it, it should be a creation that you like and want to roleplay as.

Oh, and try a different approach. Instead of posting ads, why not wait this time? I mean you still post ads, but perhaps look and wait for RP ads to pop up and see which ones you like.

Overall, good luck and don't lose heart.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

No, we never started an RP, mainly because the last few times I've tried contacting them, they...didn't seem interested in anything. For instance, they PM'd me, taking me up on an offer for ghost writing, then disappeared. And in the past, I asked if anything I RP'd interested them and from my understanding, it's been a while since that instance, didn't respond. :')

But thanks. I'm writing the lore I should have wrote, now on Dune's profile.

(Also, the only RP ADs that pop up is fandoms idk or romance so I don't think I'll be lucky with that. XD)
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
No, we never started an RP, mainly because the last few times I've tried contacting them, they...didn't seem interested in anything. For instance, they PM'd me, taking me up on an offer for ghost writing, then disappeared. And in the past, I asked if anything I RP'd interested them and from my understanding, it's been a while since that instance, didn't respond. :')

(Also, the only RP ADs that pop up is fandoms idk or romance so I don't think I'll be lucky with that. XD)

Ah damn. You got ghosted. Or he or she got busy. Oh well :/

Good. Write him. Write him for yourself. It doesn't matter if some don't like him. You enjoyed writing him and that is what counts. You could also use it as writing experience for another character or so.

Ah damn. I'm not a fan of fandoms either. I'm okay with romances but I really hate it if it's just the main focus, if it's rushed way too early, or if two people with incompatible chemistry is just forced onto each other and forced to have sex. Just turns me off.

Sorry, Varian, you may have to widen your horizons at this point if you're not getting anything. Or, if you are patient, a golden opportunity of an ad may present itself that may interest you. Like I got talking to another person just some days ago when I saw her post ad and her character, Kyi, interested me.

But yeah, again, you may have to wait for a while. RP ads in here aren't as... much as they used to be back in the day.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Torag1000 wrote:
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:

Ah damn. You got ghosted. Or he or she got busy. Oh well :/

Good. Write him. Write him for yourself. It doesn't matter if some don't like him. You enjoyed writing him and that is what counts. You could also use it as writing experience for another character or so.

Ah damn. I'm not a fan of fandoms either. I'm okay with romances but I really hate it if it's just the main focus, if it's rushed way too early, or if two people with incompatible chemistry is just forced onto each other and forced to have sex. Just turns me off.

Sorry, Varian, you may have to widen your horizons at this point if you're not getting anything. Or, if you are patient, a golden opportunity of an ad may present itself that may interest you. Like I got talking to another person just some days ago when I saw her post ad and her character, Kyi, interested me.

But yeah, again, you may have to wait for a while. RP ads in here aren't as... much as they used to be back in the day.

Yeah... Romance is a very, very rare interest of mine. I would only do it if it were certain, fandom characters (Example. Rapunzel x Eugene Fitzherbert), and with the luck I'm getting with fandoms, no hecking way is that gonna happen, lmao XD

Plus, I feel like I'd mess it up somehow, like, not doing romance accurately, and I wouldn't want anything NSFW or like you said, <_<~>_> sexy... So that's why I stick with platonic, especially since most of my characters are minors and are strictly-platonic. :P

I hope I can get Dune's lore written where it makes sense XD
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
Yeah... Romance is a very, very rare interest of mine. I would only do it if it were certain, fandom characters (Example. Rapunzel x Eugene Fitzherbert), and with the luck I'm getting with fandoms, no hecking way is that gonna happen, lmao XD

Plus, I feel like I'd mess it up somehow, like, not doing romance accurately, and I wouldn't want anything NSFW or like you said, <_<~>_> sexy... So that's why I stick with platonic, especially since most of my characters are minors and are strictly-platonic. :P

I hope I can get Dune's lore written where it makes sense XD

That's fine, it's not for everyone, even though the genre of romance is very popular. I'm starting to phase it out of my system too since my rushing of it had been the cause of many of my RPs ending in failures in my past 10+ years of Rping.

Good luck finding anyone wanting to do canon character pairings. I rarely see those nowadays.

Honestly, romance is not really done fully to be honest. Getting together is just the first part of it. The hardest part is actually trying to keep the relationship from falling apart but no one really explores this part. I'm currently exploring this part because in an RP of mine, I had my character break up in a heart-wrenching way with my partner's character since he's pretty broken mentally and was being very selfish in the relationship. So now we're exploring the post break up storyline, though I'm using a new character for her to interact with since my old character is off god knows elsewhere.

Ah... I see why not a lot of people would kinda want to Rp with you. I dunno how and why it became a thing but it seems people are just avoiding roleplaying with characters that are minors and roleplaying with people that are minors themselves as much as possible. Like I get the possibility of being groomed and not having to deal with that but come on, man, not every adult is a creepy horndog. It's a damn shame too because there could be some good dynamics between an adult and a child character.

Great. Have it written at some point and let's see Dune's lore.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Yeah... Found Family is a wonderful trope that's strictly-platonic and can have both Adult and Minor character interaction! In-fact, Found Family is one of my favorite tropes, because it's heart-warming. (I really like the cold, grumpy characters that end up adopting or befriending a polar opposite character. That's such a good trope. 😭)

Lol, since we're on this subject...

Luca Barnes Haller, who is 13-years-old, was my first character that wasn't anonymous or fandom. (My first non-fandom character has long been deleted though, because I didn't have room and wasn't RPing with him) He's basically this grumpy, lil'shi-- sweetheart that is talented in science, alchemy and heck, even making Frankenstein's Monster like creatures (He made one named Franken, he doesn't speak, but he can move and do things for him like Laundry and such.) that lives with his Aunt in London.

I also RP as the Young Gru found in the movie "Minions: The Rise of Gru" because he is honestly hilarious and has so many good chances for Found Family tropes, since you've got his assistant, Dr. Nefario and favorite villain that's basically a grandpa to him, Wild Knuckles... Annnnd you probably have no idea what I'm talking about but here I am rambling about it anyways.
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
Yeah... Found Family is a wonderful trope that's strictly-platonic and can have both Adult and Minor character interaction! In-fact, Found Family is one of my favorite tropes, because it's heart-warming. (I really like the cold, grumpy characters that end up adopting or befriending a polar opposite character. That's such a good trope. 😭)

Luca Barnes Haller, who is 13-years-old, was my first character that wasn't anonymous or fandom. (My first non-fandom character has long been deleted though, because I didn't have room and wasn't RPing with him) He's basically this grumpy, lil'shi-- sweetheart that is talented in science, alchemy and heck, even making Frankenstein's Monster like creatures (He made one named Franken, he doesn't speak, but he can move and do things for him like Laundry and such.) that lives with his Aunt in London.

I also RP as the Young Gru found in the movie "Minions: The Rise of Gru" because he is honestly hilarious and has so many good chances for Found Family tropes, since you've got his assistant, Dr. Nefario and favorite villain that's basically a grandpa to him, Wild Knuckles... Annnnd you probably have no idea what I'm talking about but here I am rambling about it anyways.

I... kinda been wanting to try my hand at the Found Family trope again, but the thing is... there's not a lot of that nowadays. There's one currently by Tiff_the_Odd but that's in a post-apocalyptic setting for a character I haven't made just yet.

I like those tropes as well of the opposites attracted to each other either romantically (for adults obviously) or platonically, kinda works well or not, depends on how one acts or takes it.

Hmm... do you still not have this character around written in a character sheet? Sounds like someone whom you could use as a base or to use at some point if you find someone interested in that character.

I know of Gru since I watched Despicable Me, and his assistant, that bald guy. As for Wild Knuckles... yeah never heard of him. I liked Despicable Me, but never really wanted to watch the sequel or the Minions spin-off.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Torag1000 wrote:
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:

I... kinda been wanting to try my hand at the Found Family trope again, but the thing is... there's not a lot of that nowadays. There's one currently by Tiff_the_Odd but that's in a post-apocalyptic setting for a character I haven't made just yet.

I like those tropes as well of the opposites attracted to each other either romantically (for adults obviously) or platonically, kinda works well or not, depends on how one acts or takes it.

Hmm... do you still not have this character around written in a character sheet? Sounds like someone whom you could use as a base or to use at some point if you find someone interested in that character.

I know of Gru since I watched Despicable Me, and his assistant, that bald guy. As for Wild Knuckles... yeah never heard of him. I liked Despicable Me, but never really wanted to watch the sequel or the Minions spin-off.

You can find Luca's profile here; https://www.rprepository.com/c/Shortalchemyboy (Yes he's short, just don't tell him that XD)

And yeah, the Minions Rise of Gru spin-off is him when he was a kid and when he first started working with the minions. Wild Knuckles was like, his idol and he looked up to the guy and he ends up meeting him at some point. Dr. Nefario was in it too, he ran a record store before becoming Gru's assistant. It's a really cute, wholesome movie and they're really funny in it. :)

(Also Despicable Me 3 is pretty good too. <_<)
Hmm I read Luca's profile. He's... Honestly not that bad. He's a pretty interesting boy and one that acts somewhat appropriately oddly enough because of puberty at that age and lack of parental figures besides his aunt. I would have liked to RP something with him but... it seems you're on the fence of Medieval eras and the Found Family tropes with him.

Ah I see. I dunno if I want to watch more of Despicable Me now XD. I honestly thought the first movie was a solid movie and thought it didn't need anymore sequels. That and it's too fluffy for me XD. I prefer crippling depression and drama, and hero stories. XD
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Torag1000 wrote:
Hmm I read Luca's profile. He's... Honestly not that bad. He's a pretty interesting boy and one that acts somewhat appropriately oddly enough because of puberty at that age and lack of parental figures besides his aunt. I would have liked to RP something with him but... it seems you're on the fence of Medieval eras and the Found Family tropes with him.

Ah I see. I dunno if I want to watch more of Despicable Me now XD. I honestly thought the first movie was a solid movie and thought it didn't need anymore sequels. That and it's too fluffy for me XD. I prefer crippling depression and drama, and hero stories. XD

I'm glad you think Luca's pretty cool. :) Also, yeah... I don't know what tropes or genres he fit in the most other than slice-of-life, in the city tropes and not a lot of people care for those tropes as they think it's boring.

Understandable. XD
Tangled: The Series however, has a good mix of that.
(Season 1, "Queen For A Day" episode, that's all I'm going to say, and it just keeps going from there <_< very...non-Disney tbh XD)

Despicable Me is a really soft, fluffy story if you think about it. Huh. :) I would usually agree with the "it didn't need anymore sequels" thing, because most sequels end up being TERRIBLE, but Despicable Me is an alright one, at least the Minions Spin-Off anyways.
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
I'm glad you think Luca's pretty cool. :) Also, yeah... I don't know what tropes or genres he fit in the most other than slice-of-life, in the city tropes and not a lot of people care for those tropes as they think it's boring.

Understandable. XD
Tangled: The Series however, has a good mix of that.
(Season 1, "Queen For A Day" episode, that's all I'm going to say, and it just keeps going from there <_< very...non-Disney tbh XD)

Despicable Me is a really soft, fluffy story if you think about it. Huh. :) I would usually agree with the "it didn't need anymore sequels" thing, because most sequels end up being TERRIBLE, but Despicable Me is an alright one, at least the Minions Spin-Off anyways.

Ah I see. Hopefully you find someone eventually.

Hmm, really? Hmm, maybe I should watch the TV series of Tangled.

It really is. Gru just tries too hard to be a villain, when he really isn't. He's a lovable goofball and a very loving dad to the orphans he adopted.

Yeah, I always have that mindset that Disney sequels are always terrible going by their track record. But if you say they're okay... hmm, I'll keep it in mind.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » RP AD Questions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus