Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Environment/Setting repository?

Minerva

Anyone thought of it? A place people can upload backdrafts of their RP environments so they can access them on any computer they're on without having to constantly transfer files? Also as a safeguard for them? I know, myself, I have dozens of massively described settings, some of which I've had to retype more than once.
Kim Site Admin

If you're not looking to showcase them for other people, what you're looking for is https://docs.google.com/

I loooove their document writer, it feels like a desktop application, but my files are available for me wherever I am. :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I can second that suggestion. It's been very useful lately :)
Minerva Topic Starter

Being able to showcase them could be handy, though. I always hate joining an RP and clogging up a thread or chat session with 10 blocks of environment. Currently, I just use a page on each character's repository for the settings, but I think my head is gonna pop when I try to make Zenthus' primary setting available amidst my characters, for example. To make it manageable it would rightfully need subpages and so on. That makes it easily accessible so anyone can click through and read it. I guess I'll just trudge through it on character pages. =p
Kim Site Admin

Sub pages for characters (and groups!) is almost certainly going to happen in the future, which could make this easier. I'd be hard pressed to say when, though.

For now, a lot of people use collapse tags to make huge amounts of information organized and avoid immediate overwhelm.
Minerva Topic Starter

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I'd love to be able to use the collapseable tags for settings without taking away from my potential character slots, though. It'd be neat to even be able to arrange tabs and drag where they go so you can have a main room but click to the right to see the description to the right, or the top to go forward, etc. Potential dungeon crawl all on its own and could open up more RP potentials.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Environment/Setting repository?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus