Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » let me make your character a playlist

Luscinioide

luscin continues to plague the art forums

hey nerds i have eccentric music taste. but if there's one thing i'm good at it's making character appropriate playlists. i listen to all the things (tm). industrial, edm, pop, rap, indie, folk, ALL OF IT.

so. i propose to you. give me your bastard children and i will concoct a playlist for them. it could be three songs. seven. twenty, even. but probably not. but there are stipulations. rules and stipulations, always.

1) no NSFW characters. i do not want to read through graphic descriptions of kinks. or have to look at pictures of them. gore, violence, and bad words are fine. whips and chains are not
2) please and thank you? it's ok if you don't like the playlist, but i put time into it. say thank you and go on your way, regardless.
3) not first come first serve. mainly just whoever i find interesting. i'm best at edge + broody settings/characters, but like, i can totally try to find some soothing jazz if you really want me to

pls fill this out kthx
Code:
genres you like: genres you literally can't stand and would rather blow your eardrums than ever have to listen to: general vibe:

ok go
Heyo, got any suggestions for a goddess of the earth?

I don’t mind what you choose honestly, I like all kinds of music except for rap and heavy metal.
James Banner (played anonymously)

genres you like: Indie, metal, pop

genres you literally can't stand and would rather blow your eardrums than ever have to listen to: Country- dear god please no country /lh

general vibe: depends on my mood tbh- hyper and fun or chill and calming - but usually hyper and fun
Sloane (played anonymously)

You knowwwww I gotta use Sloane for this!

Genres you like: She’s played in an 80s setting, but I’m open to just about anything tbh. I love EDM, vaporwave, folk, bluegrass, indie, pop, rap, you name it.

Genres you can’t stand: New country really isn’t my jam. But I can usually find at least one song I vibe with from every genre.

General vibe: Brooding, bad boy girl, trying-to-get-her-life-together type. Is this a vibe?

Thank you for the consideration!!!!
Luscinioide Topic Starter

what if i speedrun making a playlist at 4 in the morning. wouldn't that be fun. wouldn't that be quirky. wouldn't that be PRODUCTIVE. stay tuned and find out
Sloane wrote:

i've gotta say, putting together an all 80s playlist at 4 am at record speed with grunge, lyrical significance, a cohesive theme, and a gradual increase in pace was an interesting endeavor. i was very depressed to discover alice in chains didn't actually put anything out until 1990. i was very happy, however, to discover that my favorite NIN album came out in 1989. also found out that all 80s grunge songs have some SICK ass bass lines wtf

1. Kiss Off - Violent Femmes, Violent Femmes, 1983
2. Skins in My Closet - Skin Yard, Skin Yard, 1986
3. Power Trip - Soundgarden, Louder Than Love, 1989
4. Fool's Rule - Fluid, Roadmouth, 1989
5. Half Ass Monkey Boy - Mother Love Bone, Shine, 1989
6. Rabies - Bundle of Hiss, Sessions, 1986
7. Fugitive - Cro-Mags, Best Wishes, 1989 (also listen to age of quarrel off this same album it's DOPE)
8. Sin - Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine, 1989

spotify playlist is here. fluid is far too obscure to be on spotify though so pour one out for our underground g 😔
Sloane (played anonymously)

Luscinioide wrote:
what if i speedrun making a playlist at 4 in the morning. wouldn't that be fun. wouldn't that be quirky. wouldn't that be PRODUCTIVE. stay tuned and find out
Sloane wrote:

i've gotta say, putting together an all 80s playlist at 4 am at record speed with grunge, lyrical significance, a cohesive theme, and a gradual increase in pace was an interesting endeavor. i was very depressed to discover alice in chains didn't actually put anything out until 1990. i was very happy, however, to discover that my favorite NIN album came out in 1989. also found out that all 80s grunge songs have some SICK ass bass lines wtf

1. Kiss Off - Violent Femmes, Violent Femmes, 1983
2. Skins in My Closet - Skin Yard, Skin Yard, 1986
3. Power Trip - Soundgarden, Louder Than Love, 1989
4. Fool's Rule - Fluid, Roadmouth, 1989
5. Half Ass Monkey Boy - Mother Love Bone, Shine, 1989
6. Rabies - Bundle of Hiss, Sessions, 1986
7. Fugitive - Cro-Mags, Best Wishes, 1989 (also listen to age of quarrel off this same album it's DOPE)
8. Sin - Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine, 1989

spotify playlist is here. fluid is far too obscure to be on spotify though so pour one out for our underground g 😔

YOOOOO this is amazing, thank you so much for putting in the time to include songs that aren’t just 80s, but are also fitting for her!!!! I absolutely love it.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » let me make your character a playlist

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus