Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Horror Lovers Discussion

Howdy weirdos,

I am in the research and development phase of creating a horror-based RP Group. Now, this group would be more in the style of a character study than something in the common plot arc storyline style. So I am looking to be detailed and committed to each character, as the narrator. I want to dig into what kinds of things YC would bend for, and what things would break them. I really want to help writers discover true personal depth within their characters, flesh ‘em out, you know?

Without more further ado, my topic for discussion today: What would you, as a horror fan, be looking for in a horror-based RP? (setting being the cliche haunted house type, if it makes any difference to you)

Obviously, scary things. But, what would really entice you to join? What would need to be happening to keep you captivated and staying put to see what happens next?

I wanted to reach out to the community because at the end of the day, or night (for spooky reasons), I am hoping to cater to said community’s desires. The House is all about desires…

P.S. the reason I am creating this idea in Group form is because I truly enjoy working off of different writers and I enjoy muddling perspectives & personalities. I feel like the idea will be more fun with multiple fingers in the pie, rather than a 1 on 1.
Weirdly, the overall concept you proposed is most of it for me.

Horror set up with the intent of asking what a person does in a situation without obvious solutions is the perfect kind of horror, if you ask me, so anything where that's understood, where that's the point, tends to get me interested. Beyond that, though, I always like it when horror has mystery elements, figuring out what is happening and why, and then when both the questions and the answers give motivation for the characters to not just get the hecc out, either because they literally can't or because they can't afford to or because they feel obligated to keep working on the situation. Both keeps them in the situation AND encourages them to dig deeper, even if they know the hole they're digging is intended to be their grave, as well as playing into the first point of seeing how they deal with the questions, the answers, and the solutions. Also, that tagline before the post-script DEFINITELY draws me in already!

The deconstruction of a character's desires, goals, morals, philosophies, and ideals is FUN, and especially in a horror context. Taking what a character wants and either exploring its most terrifying logical conclusions or making their goals or typical methods the problem in and of themselves in some way is awesome! Making characters question themselves, and leading them toward unpleasant answers in deeply unsettling ways, is all kinds of goodgood!

I loosely have more thoughts, but they're not organized yet.
I'm not a Horror fan per se, but I do love science experiment RPs, body horror, etc...

So, I suppose I'd have to say, experiments!
That can be body horror related too.

// TW: Science Experimentation, Medical supplies, Body Horror etc...

Stuff like syringes filled with strange chemicals that can alter the person's body, they could grow horns, tails, fangs, multiple eyes, whatever you could possibly think of! Plus, even without the experimentation, the laboratory itself can be pretty damn eerie, if you ask me. Being locked in a room, hearing doctors' footsteps outside of the room, worried on who will be next to be experimented on...

So yeah! Sorry for rambling about how much I love experiment RPs, ha ha.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Horror Lovers Discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus