Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for a long-term roleplay partner (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Greetings! I had just registered for this platform, so I am quite unfamiliar with how things work here. Please bare with me <3

Anyway, I am looking for an individual who's willfully going to be my long-term roleplay partner. For starters, I've gone through 5+ years of writing and roleplaying, so I think it'd be fair to say that I gather some experience. The styles of my writing can vary. Sometimes, I'll write within a more simplified tone. Others, I'll add more detail, emotion, and speak poetically. In general, I am pretty diverse when it comes to roleplaying/ writing as a whole.
What I specifically look for in an individual is 1. someone who has some experience. Someone who isn't new to the concept of roleplaying and can write beyond 1 or 2 sentences. One-liners aren't the kind of people I wish to associate with or devote my time to. Especially when you give clear hints that you lack passion for the roleplay. That said, I will accept Lit/ Semi-lit writers. As long as you avoid everything that had been said.
2. Openly diverse writers Now, with you as the writer, I can accept OC's that share similar traits of another. But, if you're going to be using more than one character, please try to avoid basing that new one off the old one. For example, what I at least expect is a different personality and appearance. [and in some instances, gender].
3. Please refrain from making the roleplay all about you. I can't stress about this one enough. I personally cannot tolerate individuals who make that attempt of being the protagonist in a plot that's supposed to be shared amongst two. This especially comes along with attention-seeking, which can vary in all forms. It is especially annoying to fall under a situation where a punching-bag character is included. I've seen it everywhere from my experience, and in every single one of them, I had to pamper the character. Whether this was constantly being on their ass ensuring their safety or being very fragile when it comes to how my character interacts with theirs. Overall, please don't try to involve an unnecessary OC like that, because if the plot were to be specifically about a fight or die situation, I don't think it'd be very pleasant having to work with an individual who's nothing but a softie. AND PLEASE! Don't make trauma a competition.
4. Impeccably strong antagonists. I get it, some characters have remarkable abilities in which in some cases appear stronger than the other, but if you're not going to be realistic or fair about the situation, I will not hesitate to drop the entire roleplay. I cannot stand individuals who try to overpower another character and barely acknowledging the other's defensive tactics.
5. PLEASE BE PATIENT! I know I may not respond right away, and the least I can really expect from you is patience. Especially since I am new to the platform and had had writer's block on-and-off. I do not wish to get yelled at or scolded for things going a certain way or if I'm doing anything wrong.

If interested, please DM and I'll be free to discuss more topics as we go along
<3
Rhaeneyra Topic Starter

Budenniy wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in long term Roleplay, and i have some roleplay experience including world building and DM.
I feel I can reasonable play diverse characters. And avoid the issues you mentioned. Overall i always view characters as secondary to a good plot and enjoyable RP so if there is any issues just let me know and we can remedy them.

Personally I enjoy both Sci-fi and fantasy plots, though lately I am more in the mood for Sci-fi ones. However if story is good I'm game for a variety of settings.

At any rate let me know your preferences if you are still interested and we can try and build a good story.

Alright! I am still interested. I'll DM you and we can discuss everything from there
Hello! If you're still looking for a partner(s), I am definitely interested. I have about 4+ years of RP experience, and tend to be interested in these genres: romance, fantasy/magic, sci-fi.
I tend to write advanced literate to novella in length and style. Currently I have a desire to play my werewolf oc Tahar, or my other male character Ade Deji (who is a chaotic lil man) who I have yet to make a biography for on this site. I am also open to creating other characters for any plot you would be interested in.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for a long-term roleplay partner (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus