Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Galactic Exchange(CLOSED)

Ripa 'Moramee (played by Chris_Pike)

The Arbiter looked at the Desari and nodded, then looked at the others "We would have brought all eight representatives of the Covenant, But the Prophets were busy, And the Yanme'e and only insects that only know how to Fight, Eat and Breed. and the Mgalekgolo have no ways of communication. and the Jiralhanae wont go to any meetings with us here unfortunately. And the last, the Huragok cannot communicate without hacking into a large computer AI of some sorts. But we have the means to tell them all that transpires here." The Arbiter said looking among the group. Then the Grunt spoke "I am Flip-Yap! Grunt Deacon and Ambassador!" He said quite cheerfully in English. The Jackal did not speak, likely it did not want to bother with speaking until the meeting. The Arbiter looked among the group again, Then spoke "What of you? Your names?"
Joe Bucher (played by Jabonicus)

A Security chief walked over to Joe. "Sector Patrols say that the Goonroe have claimed the planned territory. No one is getting on or off the ship without a Goonroe seeing them." Joe thought back at the Alpa Goonroe that tore off his leg back in the TE caverns during colonization. It might have been an alpha, but still, they were predatory, gruesome, and ate anything, alive or dead.
"Good, two per sector?"
"Yes sir."
"Perfect." He turned his attention towards the Coalition message. "It's good to be here, I hope this will allow for more peaceful treaties with other Empires and settlements."
Lydia Wiese (played anonymously)

Lydia nodded, she understood very well what the Ambassador meant. When not at her relay station she owned a small flat in her planet's own capital city, a place where a bomb going off was not unheard of.

Upon being introduced she steps forward "I-I'm afraid your mistaken Ambassador...Desari is singular. Desavi is plural." It was actually a minor note but one she felt should be made.

Turning to look at the 'Covenant' she noted that it was odd to come to a peaceful place dressed for war, yet her own self was dressed in uniform. Catching the nod from the Arbiter she nodded back respectfully "Pilot Officer Lydia Wiese of the DSF. This is our first time here actually so I guess you could same I'm acting as a ambassador." as she says this she is forced to crane her neck so as to look clearly into the Arbiter's face. At a even five feet she was on of the smallest in the DSF and having to look up, especially to a being so tall, made her feel even smaller in stature but she knew coming in that she was bound to meet others much taller then herself.
Augustus Terminus (played by HvyArtillery) Topic Starter

"Roger that EDN, that's the whole point of this Exchange." The Admiral answered. "You're cleared to send down your delegation whenever you're ready. Starbase 001 out." The great Asmiral cut the communcations. "Send word down to the Ambassador. He'll be with the EDN Empire as well."

The Ambassador gave a startled look at the revaltion that he was pronoucing Desavi wrong. He smoothed down his front clothing self-cousiously. "Dear me, many apologies Miss Lydia. I'm afriad I am actually not very well verse in your culture and terms."

He then turned to the Covenant party, greeting all three of the Covenant. "I welcome the three of you and all you kind here. And please correct any mispronunciations I do about your peoples as well. "Now," he said to both the Desavi and Covenant. "Now, I would like to ask all leading members of their respective parties to come with me to the Capitol Building. There will be a short meeting, sort of a formal introductions and where you can present what exactly you want to get out of thi whole thing. Your entire delegation doesn't need to go, they can explore the city and learn about the UCP and every other government that has already arrived." He looked off to the side, towards a street a hundred yards away. Pulling up was a sort of convoy. There were five vehicles, the ones of the front and end of the line were APCs while the three in the middle were luxary cars, painted black with bright blue running lines and lights. "Ah, it looks like our transportation has arrived. Now-" he was cut off by a shrill beep. His handed reached down i to his pocket and the Yel'fa pulled out a device holographic pad, quickly reading the message. "Ah, its seems that we will be joined by another party. I guess we will have to wait a bit, in the meantime, feel free to ask me anything."

She couldn't help it, the uncharacteristic and very shrill giggle broke through for a moment as she sees the ambassador and the fact he had called her Miss. She'd actually never been called that before either. Settling down from the outburst she fights to compose herself, turning away a moment then turning back to face the Ambassador, a very slight smile at the corner of her lips "It is alright. This is one of only a handful of times we have decided to interact with others. For the most part we Are a militant people. Everyone serves in some capacity in their country of origin or with the general assembly for two years. Most stay on, like me. Others can leave after their contract is up and pursue other things. Some stay longer then leave...often finding jobs in leadership positions."

When the Ambassador said the rest of the groups where free to explore she gives them a two fingered wave/salute, a wordless saying to be careful and safe before speaking "We are only here as observers this time, though if we see things we might find useful...we could talk." She had seen the drop ship earlier use to bring the covenant. Then she saw the motorcade and, most importantly, the APC's guarding it. Before she could even start to object, and actually request a open topped vehicle but the...noise interrupted. only after the Ambassador as finished did she speak "If I may Ambassador...I-I would prefer a open topped transport. Desavia has had too many incidents involving closed motorcades for me to ride in one."

A small shuttle launched, tan and orange. It rocketed towards where it was needed, Joe aboard along with Isaac, his Security Officer, and Isabel, the Goonroe Control Officer. As it approached, it gave up EDN signature waves, when received, they would make the receiving screen flash orange for a brief second. As they boarded, Joe, Isaac, and Isabel got off the ship, their environmental suits standing out, exhaust ports on the back, small TE canisters, it didn't look very comfortable if they leaned back while sitting down, but they were quite used to it.

The Arbiter looked at Lydia "I'm sure they would not transport us in a vehicle that was not in the best condition. But if it makes you feel better, And if the Ambassador allows it. I can have a Drop-Ship bring down a Transport Wraith, The transport section has no top, And it has an energy shield to protect the people inside it" The Arbiter said turning to the abassador "Its unarmed as well... the only event of someone dying would be if some idiot ran infront of it" he said folding his arms. The Arbiter was use to looking down at people. He was the second tallest known Elite. "You have my word and honor as the Arbiter of the covenant" He then looked among the crowd. But then the Jackal spoke in his native language, Looking at Lydia while doing so. The Arbiter looked angered and starred at the Jackal "We are here to make allies! Dont say anything you would not say to your own kind!" he said firmly. he then looked at Lydia "Apologies"

The Ambassador looked between the Arbitar and Lydia. "Oh, well I suppose it would acceptable for a transport Wraith to be bought down, if you agree of course." The Ambassador nodded towards Lydia. He shot a curious look over at the Jackal. He did not know what the Jackal said, but from the Arbiter's reaction, he doubted it was a compliment. His attention, however, was quickly diverted to the EDN shuttle. "Excuse me." He said as he walked over to them.

"Welcome, EDN. I greet you on behalf of the Coalition."

"Greetings, call me Joe." Joe said as he approached. "That's Isaac and Isabel, some of my security personnel." He motioned to the two people beside him.

Nodding to the Arbiter Lydia smiles I am grateful for your offer. She then stares at the Jackal, though in all honest and judging from the Arbiter's response she felt the need to slap him with her gloves at full power "Please translate what was said...if I am to be insulted I'd prefer to know what was said" she was to say more but the newest arrivals drew her attention "Pilot Officer Lydia Wiese, pleasure to meet your group Joe." despite wanting too ask who in their right mind would wear a snow suit in a place like this she didn't.

The Arbiter turned to there knew arrivals "I am the Arbiter Ripa 'Moramee Of the Covenant Empire" He said folding his arms. The grunt then started jumping up and down in place "Im Flip-Yap! Grunt Deacon and Ambassador!" He said in a cheerful tone. The Arbiter looked at Lydia "He said something along the lines of "You should not be here if your afraid of everything" Is what he said" The Arbiter said then looked up, A Phantom flew low and dropped down a transport wraith and flew off. Another Elite got out of the transport wraith and put his fist to his chest "Arbiter" The 7.4 Elite said to the Arbiter, Yet he was still short compared to the Arbiters 8.2. "Thel" The Arbiter said nodding and turning to the group "I will be taking Lydia and her group to the meeting point. IF any of you want to join just say so" The Arbiter said jumping in the open topped back, Along with the Jackal ambassador and the Grunt Deacon also sat down

((Thel, With the standard Elite armor, Note he does not have the weapon as he walks to them 300px-Elite_Minor_Close_Up.jpg))

Joe reached back on his enviro-suit, twisting a small knob. Steam was released from small vents. "We'll join." Joe said as he, Isaac, and Isabel got on as well. "I'm Joe Bucher, current Caesar (Pronounced with a K, not a C) of the EDN Empire." He said, he noted Lydia's confusion at their suits. "If you are indeed wondering, EDN III isn't very hospitable, even the animals have superheated blood to keep from freezing. Coldest known planet in the universe to exist, much less support life. We have had no other choice of clothing, so we adjusted them to produce enough heat according to where they are. Right now, they aren't producing much."

"Imagine it like layers of clothing, it too hot, you take off layers, get too cold, you put on more. Except with layers of heat." Isaac added, his voice thick with an accent, most likely the language the EDN Empire uses when not conversing with others. It was considered rude to speak in it when someone who did not speak it was around.

Isaac:
500px-LP3_Unknown_Rival_Contractor.jpg

Isabel: Diana+TA+Plain.jpg

"Very well, now that that's sorted out. We should start heading towards the capital building, please follow have the Wraith follow the motorcade. I'm afraid the designers of this city weren't very organized, and it is easy to get lost." The Ambassador waved before going over to one of the cars and getting in. Terminus, his officers, and some secuirty personel followed the suit, and once all were in the convoy began to move out.

The Arbiter nodded, And Thel nodded as well and jumped into the wraiths driving seat and it lifted off the ground slightly and began to follow the car. The Arbiter began making himself comfy on his seat and took off one of his gauntlets and began to tweak it. The Grunt Deacon was humming a peaceful tune, While the Jacka just sat with his arms crossed

Nodding to the EDN group "I see. They remind me of our own snowsuits. Close to the same method of operation too it seems. though ours are more a 'short term' exposure." in truth the suits she was currently seeing where clearly leaps ahead of her own peoples, but that was only a minor detail.

As she gracefully hopped into the rear end of the wraith she gives the Jackal a particularly hateful look, even leaning close to him "To proceed with caution and learn from the mistakes of others is not cowardice. Do mistake my concerns about these things as a weakness again Virsira" ending her words with her face almost to his and a name that was only called to the worst of her people.

Joe sat down, Isabel to his left, Isaac to his right. Common soldiers had their faces covered, people were more fearful of the faceless soldiers. They were individuals, but only higher ranking officers wore clothing that revealed the face, and still had military outfits. Joe adjusted his prosthetic leg for a moment, black metal with various support angles across, small patches of orange were seen on it, showing that it was a machine, not just a fake foot.

The motorcade moved forward down the street, headed for the Capital building. As they moved ahead, a large object in the sky blocked out the sunlight. Looking up, through the vehicles sunroof, Terminus saw a Coalition Destroyer moving slowly through the sky. Though it was significant similar than most other ship classes, the destroyer was still imposing in size when seen from ground level. Terminus didn't understand why it was flying so low in the atmosphere when he saw black smoke issuing from one of the exhaust vents. He looked towards the Ambassador he was consulting his data pad. Seeing Terminus' concerned look, the Ambassador spoke. "Don't worry, the ship's main impulse drive cut out, by it's atmospheric thrusters are still operational. It's headed to New Kyoto shipyards the next city over, the orbital facilities are filled to the brim." He typed as few things onto his pad. "There, I sent a message to the Wraith, letting them know." Terminus nodded and returned his gaze to the destroyer, disappearing rapidly as the skyscrapers blocked it from sight.

The Arbiter looked troubled at the sight of that ship so close to the ground with its main propulsion non-Functioning. If the back up failed the ship would crash into the city and kill most, if not everyone. Depending if the core overloaded or not. The Arbiter then took out his com, and spoke into his com "Monitor that ship, If the backup engines fail, Pull in and try and tractor beam it back up. Last thing we need is a catastrophic disaster" The Arbiter put his other Gauntlet back on, Then all of a sudden a stange blue blade came out of pure energy, He then deactivated it "sorry, Im trying to fix the activation problem after..." The arbiter eyed the Deacon "Someone shot my gauntlets without my shields up" The Arbiter looked at the Grunt Deacon with anger, The Grunt let out a nervous chuckle "Heheheh... Deacon thought there was a FLOOD! Im sorry ok" The Deacon said kicking his stubby legs, No one could ever take a grunt seriously though, They were small and sounded like a Kid on helium. But from the sounds of things this FLOOD was a being, And not an overflow of water I mean who would shoot at a huge amount of water?

She had noticed the ship as well and had a hunch as to the problem. She'd seen similar after a bad batch of drive cores had slipped into a few of DSF's gunships. If the ship overhead core went critical...there wasn't much that could be done and Lydia knew it but was not concerned.

Seeing the gauntlet blade she leans to the Arbiter "Emergency self-defense weapon's made of...energy...Plasma...Both? What's the failure rate of undamaged units?" as she speaks she fishes out her right glove, slipping it on "We've tested something like that but...well it blew up in the subjects face rumor says. But these AIC/shocker gloves are reliable up to a certain speed and size. I might could slow this vehicle...for a second maybe. But..." she looks at the Jackal ambassador "...can also deliver a heavy shock." with that she makes the glove spark by snapping her fingers. Clearly the Jackal was not on her nice list, Ambassador or not.

Looking to the Grunt she tilts her head then back to the Arbiter "Flood? One wouldn't shoot water. What is it?" It sounded like the name one gave a enemy large in numbers...that made Lydia a little concerned but also curious.

At the word 'flood,' Joe thought of the Sepia.

Isaac spoke up. "Reminds me of... A common Akrid on our planet. Sepia, three pointed legs, a mouth that opens three ways, and no eyes. One of them is harmless... But..."

"In hordes, they overwhelm in numbers and devour." Isabel concluded.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Galactic Exchange(CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus