Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » [fantasy] War for the throne (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Now that I am on summer holiday from University, I have decided to reignite one of my slightly forgotten-about passions: role playing! So here is the general story, heavily influenced by my love of GoT:
—————
Over 500 years ago, the lands which were once divided and separated into their own divisions and kingdoms were brought together by great conquerors: Dragons. Back then, the mere existence of such creatures was fairy tale and myth - nobody believed they were real until they were burning the world down around them. But these dragons were not alone, no, they were accompanied by their riders - with charcoal-black hair, and piercing red eyes, they descended like Gods upon the land, claiming it for themselves. Once the flames had died down, and all who could oppose them were nothing more than ash and ember, these ‘Gods’ established the Kingdom of Demacia - ruled by them, formally named as House Hestia. Despite their violent conquering, they began a long-line of rather peaceful rule; whether by choice or fear, potentially both, the citizens of this Kingdom actually grew to support their rulership. But this was over 500 years ago.

In the modern day, things have remained rather consistent - yes, there have been uprisings and challenges for the throne here and there, but all have been dealt with. This is where our story begins:
Eliane Hestia is the future Queen of Demacia, as defined by her birth-right as first born daughter to the current King and Queen. As per tradition, she is sent to the Isles of Hestrya, her family’s ancestral home and where she is brought up in the ways of a princess and future-queen. Nearing her 18th birthday, the unexpected happens: a cousin of hers has decided he wishes to rule, and declares war in order to take the throne for himself. What was first thought-of as a silly little uprising quickly turns into a bloodbath, and the Kingdom is split. Dozens of family members die, including the King and Queen - who are executed in the battle that grants her cousin the northern territories, and leaves Eliane in control of the southern ones. Now 18 years of age and an orphan, she is declared queen - and is determined to get back her Kingdoms that were stolen from her. Politics and power are the ruling principles of her life, and she will need whatever help she can secure to be successful in this endeavour.
————

That is pretty much all I have so far! : ) This story centres around my characters fight for the throne, but I want there to be so much more: deep world-building and lore-filled character arcs are what I live for so don’t think your character has to be created with her storyline at the centre of their existence! The fight for the throne is only the plot, so so much more will happen and I want for the characters in this to all have deep bonds built over time!
With this in mind, I am looking for someone who is interested in a long-term, detailed rp; I am not interested in short, one-liners please : )
I would like their character to be someone who is ultimately, but maybe not at first, supporting Eliane’s claim to the throne as just having them as enemies would be pretty hard to roleplay (how often are enemies going to be in the same room haha). This is not to say betrayal is not on the table, anything goes in war!

Other than that, I am open to anything! Your character is her military officer? Great! Trusted advisor? Perfect! A common-born who rises up the ranks and she takes an interest in? Absolutely! Anything goes, as long as it makes sense to the world and the story! Be as creative as you want with any Noble houses or affiliations, as well as with historical points etc. I am also open to some magic, so if you’d like your character to be a mage or something that is cool too! It can’t be anything overly dramatic, but perhaps a natural gift they have some control over (they’re not going to be tearing down cities with it, or lifting oceans with a click of their fingers, but they could perhaps see into the future to some degree, or cast minor spells)

This will likely be done privately, and I am happy for it to be 1v1, so if you are interested please send me a PM or respond on here : )
Thank you! <3
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'm interested in this RP!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » [fantasy] War for the throne (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus