Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Yard Sale

Applejack (played by The_Ross)

A light orange pony with a yellow mane held in a ponytail (hyuk!) helped Twilight to her feet.

"Y'all right, sugarcube? That was some spell!" She replaced her hat, which had come off at some point following their entrance.

"Is everypony okay?"
Rarity (played by The_Ross)

"Just fine, Applejack, if a little dusty," replied a white pony - another unicorn - with an exquisitely-styled mane that seemed to shift between blue and purple depending on the lighting. She had already produced a moist towelette from the saddlebags she wore - each of the ponies was wearing a set - and was repairing the truly minimal damage to her coat.
Fluttershy (played by The_Ross)

"Oh, it wasn't so bad, really," replied another yellow pony, but this one with a long, pink mane. She had wings too, just like the blue one.

"I just hope we can get back before too long. I wouldn't want my animal friends to worry about me, the poor things."
Spike (played by The_Ross)

The small dragon rushed over to Applejack and Twilight and lent a helping hand... claw... whatever.

"Don't worry Fluttershy, Twilight's the most powerful unicorn around! If anyone can get us home, she can."
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval had slowly phased out on Gabe, slipping back into the other time he was occupying for the end of the story. Though as he was searching for for an amount to pay Luci, Gabe would find a quite solid wolf atop him. "Welp...datz weird." He's muttering before looking around and pouting, Gabe was getting panicky and he slipped easily into house pet mode.

Sitting up slightly Drae would nuzzle Gabe and give a wag of his tail, at least he had a wolf to hide behind again right? But there is a commotion outside and Drae's ears are flicking around this way and that. First a strange voice, and then six others. His nostrils are flaring as he takes in the scent of a woman first and then five equines and a draconian. Interesting, though he's staying quiet he's got his head tilted so he can see out of the tent, even while attempting to cuddle on Gabriel.
Seabreeze (played by The_Ross)

{That was kind of a large and rude amount of posts! It was just for the introduction though, normally I won't post more than once or twice at a time. I hope this doesn't hurt our Friendship!}
Gabriel (played by Loki)

[Luci has tried to post several times today, and her phone keeps eating the posts. He answered Gabriel's question with Brian Muriel and when the ponies showed up he got distracted hopped between the drop sites and asked "Everypony okay?" Don't worry about the posts mross, they were most amusing ^_^}

Gabriel is still nervous and having a mild panic attack with trying to figure out how much he's supposed to be paying Luci. Draeval is there, but even his fuzzy buddy can't ease his anxiety this time. He'll make out a check, for an absurd amount, and he'll rip it out and skitter closer so he can leave it face down on the table. He's about to run off, grateful that the story is over and he can get away, when a woman's voice comes from outside the tent. He'd been about to answer her, already he's heading out of the tent only to find something even more amazing.

"PONIES!?" He's literally emitting a few tiny pink hearts from his body, and they drift to the ground before popping like bubbles. There are several ponies there, but naturally his favorite one is the one that is all pink.

"EEE! OH MY GOSH! PINKIE PIE!" He's acting like a little fan-boy, and that's exactly what he is. They had stumbled upon a brony. He's probably trying to head over to her, and he's emitting more hearts and he's grinning. Hopefully he won't scare her off, "You're my favorite!" And then there are more hearts. Payment? Luci? Draeval? Woman? Sorry, you're all forgotten for now. His eyes drift over the other ponies that had fallen outside the tent, "Rainbow Dash!" He's seriously super excited right now, hopefully they didn't think he was crazy.

Luci had thankfully had enough sense to ask if everyone was okay, and Gabriel sobered some, "Yeah, are you all alright?" He's barely keeping his excitement in check, he's still emitting hearts sporadically, though he's trying to wave them off, as if he's embarrassed of them. The question is directed at the woman as well, though she's sadly mostly been ignored up until then because of his excitement over the ponies.
Rainbow Dash (played by The_Ross)

The six ponies and one dragon all turned towards the strangers, and started backing up slowly, varying shades of fear or suspicion on their faces.

Pinkie Pie bounced instead of walked, but still moved backwards.

"Woah woah woah! Wait just a second!" The blue one suddenly took to the air and got in the face of the strange bipedal creature who had spoken in their language, and used their names.

"Just how in the hay do you know who we are? Are you a SPY?!" She floated just a few inches away from Gabriel, her forehooves crossed in front of her.

The pony in the large hat hopped up and grabbed Rainbow's tail, and pulled her away from the stranger and back to the ground.

"Mmmf, fffmf mmff!"

Applejack spat out Rainbow's tail.

"Rainbow, Why would anypony be spyin' on us? We already banished Nightmare Moon and Discord. There ain't no villains left to be trackin' us!"

Draeval opted to follow Gabe, which wasn't TOO unusual at all for him. He was a follower after all, but as Gabe freaked out and emitted hearts over a gaggle of ponies. Er, a herd rather. Drae just tilted his head and stuck next to his leg. He wasn't used to these ponies, except well from what he'd seen in toys and video.

But he does snag a heart and crunches it, they're totally edible he swears. Though...he is a wolf so watch out ponies. Not really, because he spots something and "ORANGE!" He's woofing and bouncing on his paws, "Dat onez ORANGE!" He likes orange...a lot. You can tell by his wagging tail, it's wagging SO hard that his whole body is shaking.

Applejack backed up even further as the wolf approached and focused its attention on her. Her body was all squished in to itself as she recoiled from the closing menace, a worried grimace on her face.

"Heh heh... uh, nice... doggy?" Her eyes shifted back and forth, and her expression changed to an awkward, worried grin.
Fluttershy (played by The_Ross)

Applejack needn't have worried. A yellow blur zoomed by, and Fluttershy appeared right in front of her.

"Oh, how adorable! You're just the cutest wittle puppy I've ever seen, yes you are!" She looked up, and took Gabriel to be its owner, mostly just because they were near each other.

"He is just precious! What's his name?"
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel is protected from Rainbow Dash by Applejack, and he looks a little put out. "No way! I'm not a spy, I'm just a really big fan!" As if they would know what that meant. Draeval likes the orange one and Gabe looks down at him, "Yes, that's Applejack." He's emitting a few more hearts, before looking at the adorable orange pony again, "You remind me of a friend I have back home..." Though he wasn't sure if that friend would appreciate being compared to a pony. Fluttershy is being brave for once though, and Gabriel beams, "Look at your pink mane! You're just so cute!" There were more hearts in the air, "His name is Draeval, but he can talk himself. And yeah, he is pretty adorable." He'd reach down and rub behind Drae's ears.

Drae blinked, "Aww I ain't gunna eat ya...I juz really like orange. Zorry Applejack." He lowered his head, ears drooping, tail drooping and big wide puppy dog eyes. Awww look! You made him sad! But that didn't last long, there is a Fluttershy talking baby talk to him and he's wiggling again.

Drae was wagging his tail in huge circles, he was a whore for attention. He couldn't help it, definitely a family trait that one. So when Fluttershy started talking to him and telling him how adorable he was, and then Gabe offered ear rubs and confirmed he was adorable he made a woof and rolled immediately onto his belly. Yes, belly rubs for the wolf! Come on ponies he's not evil promise!

Drae grinned broadly at Fluttershy, "Yar nice. I like ya. Ya gotz realllllllll good tazte." He was still wagging so he was wiggling on the ground on his back. In other words, he was doing the wolf version of the worm.

Fluttershy had already abandoned all caution and was rubbing the belly of the unstoppable carnivorous death hound that was like four times her size, probably.

Applejack decided she could handle herself. She WAS the same pony that had scolded a full-grown red dragon in to submission, after all.

"Well, y'all seem nice enough... but, how do ya know our names? I know we've never met y'all before. We don't even know where we are!"
Rainbow Dash (played by The_Ross)

"HA! We're in the middle of Celestia knows where, and I still have fans! Sweet!"

Rainbow calmed down after a moment of celebratory loop-de-loops after she heard what Applejack had asked.

"Yeah, who are you guys? And where are we, anyway? And how do we get back??"
Twilight Sparkle (played by The_Ross)

Twilight trotted leisurely up to the front of the group, with her typical self-satisfied smile on.

"Now, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for all this. Excuse me! Hello there. My name, is Twilight Sparkle. I'm afraid there was some kind of accident with a new spell I was experimenting with, and I'm guessing it sent us a lot farther than just Canterlot!"

Rainbow just rolled her eyes as she resumed floating in the air with her forehooves crossed.

Sheesh, what a know-it-all.

Draeval was getting belly rubs from Fluttershy and he was wiggling like mad with huge tail thumps. And actually the ponies probably have a few inches on Draeval. He's small by wolf standards, and he's extremely thin with bones jutting out here and there. Other than his bright orange eyes he looks like a sick mutt rather than a wolf.

Applejack steals his attention as he's wiggling and he grins at her, "Nope neber met before, but we're big fanz." He looked at Gabe, "Yar probably bedder wit explainin tingz den me. I kinda zuck wit da talkin partz." Well...that was an understatement.

But then Drae had a brilliant idea and he looked from Gabe to Rarity, "O mai goz'. Rarity! Would ya be interezted in giben zumone a make ober? I zaw diz one guy dat kinda looked like mai friend 'ere dat 'ad pink 'air. And I tink 'e'd look amazin wit it. Da ya tink ya could pull it off?" He wagged again. Before looking at Gabe, "Did I z'ow ya Linneauz? I tink ya'd be 'andzumer wit zum pink 'air. And it'z ZO ya! An w'o bedder ta do it! Dat iz...if Mizz Rarity tinkz z'e could 'andle it..."

Drae is horrible, but he had a brilliant idea and you know, that had to be outed. Besides how many chances would they have to talk to the ponies?!

Though Rainbow snagged his attention, "O...ya remind me zo muc' ub Aza'z bozz..." He looked at Gabe, "Doezn't 'e remind ya ub Calbin?" Then he's looking back to Rainbow, while still wiggling mind you. "Yar an awezum flyer bai da way." Thump thump thump, his tail is making a lot of noise now.
Rarity (played by The_Ross)

Rarity flipped her mane with a hoof.

"Oh, it appears my reputation has preceded me! I'm not sure I caught all of that, but I did hear the word "makeover" in there somewhere. I think we're going to be the best of friends!"

Twilight had somehow ended up in back of the other ponies - she could be seen every few seconds, jumping up in the air and flailing her hooves in vain. Pinkie Pie, ever helpful, bounced along with her, giggling, totally oblivious to everything.
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

Luci spun about to the confused ponies. He was colorful enough to blend in with them. In fact... more than once he'd been considered my little pony in man-form. That was all relative enough to the shapeshifter. In fact, he'd been known to take equine form before. As he turned about, a flare of the colorful cloak that followed him wrapped him into a new shape entirely. The shimmering colors gave way like a stage curtain, through which an all too similar body frame emerged. Large hooves, animated head held high, and an opalescent white mane refracting to look like surreal fire. The base form was black, though held a sheen none too unlike the hair which glossed into various cool tones. By the back, where a ponystamp should be, an array of glitter dazzled nonsensically down the leg. Wings were, in fact, present: dark green, glossing gold, and tinted in violet until a peacock eye tipped each primary feather. I AM SLEIPNIR PONY! Only not. Maybe. The eyes held a very unpony like firey back glow like smoldering embers under the presented blue irises, ripe with mischief. Hopefully he didn't look too Nightmarey to them.

He pranced near, flickering a glimmering tail. "You're in the Nexus! It's a place where all kinds of worlds and dreams come together." Yeah, okay, maybe he's secretly a brony. But he was secretly a lot of things. He cocked his head aside oddly. "Well, since you're all here, I don't imagine you could do me a teeny, tiny favor?" He tried his best sparkly, pouty, begging puppy--er--pony gaze. "If you do it for me, I can probably get you home. I'm great for lost travelers, even between worlds! Right, Gabriel?" Should a pony be able to flash fangy teeth in that kind of grin? He glanced aside at the fanboy. Nevermind the fact that there was something carved on each of them.

If so much as hint of agreement came up, he tossed his head up proudly. "I just want a few pieces of hair from each of you, enough for me to make a braid. And maybe a few feathers if you don't mind parting with them!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Yard Sale

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus