Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Yard Sale

Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel was busy fawning over Fluttershy when Twilight Sparkle spoke, so thankfully Luci was able to answer her question. Draeval is asking Rarity to give him a makeover, and he turns a bright shade of red, "Draeval! That's a terrible idea." He'd turn to look at the white unicorn, "Pay him no mind. He's just under the impression that I need a makeover." He's rubbing the back of his neck in a nervous gesture, and judging by his hugely baggy white teeshirt, and jeans, he probably did need some sort of makeover, though he didn't seem like he wanted one very much. It's about then that he notices Luci in pony form, and he pouts, "I wanna be a pony too!" Well, he could be if he really wanted to, but he makes no effort to do so.

He'd nod to Luci's question, "Yeah guys, you couldn't really have stumbled onto a better guide if you had tried." That much he'd agree to. "But do they really have to go home so quickly? We could have some fun. It's not every day you get to run into real ponies like this." He'd once again try to approach the hopping Pinkie Pie, "I mean, we've got Pinkie Pie here! We could have like...a really fun party!" He'd eye the tent, "Besides, maybe it could attract more people to your...sale. And you could make some money." Not that he'd need it after the ridiculous sum Gabe had given him. Hopefully nobody had stolen the check off Luci's desk.

He'd give Pinkie Pie a big grin, "Come on, I know you love parties!" He's probably even trying to bounce along with her, if she'd even let him get that close to begin with.
Bella (played by Loki)

[sorry to see that Celestina! Maybe you can join again when you aren't so busy :)]
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

He tossed his head, and mane with it; at the peak, it really did seem to burn briefly. "They can stay as long as they like! But there's nothing wrong with advanced payment. Do you realize what a friendship magic bracelet could do?" Sigh. Of course. "I mean it sounds silly but I see magic ponies, a unicorn and a few pegasus. Even if people don't believe in the power of friendship," Ignore the potentially-creepy way he leaned forward, grinned through the word, and set off an array of glitter in the air around him and his glowing eyes, "Some would take value in that, aye?"

...He pranced in a circle. "...Been a while since I wore my hooves. Daddy was showing them a lot, and I think Poppy even went into the fawny thing recently." Hopefully being in his proximity wouldn't give Pinkie pie a seizure. Sense trouble? It's his middle name. Or at least one of them. He did have too many for any one individual. He stopped his self-circling, staring at Gabe. "...I do like parties." he admitted. The pleasant tenor, while melodious and playful, might be a bit odd escaping a pony form. "And I don't think these ones can get me pregnant!"

Wait.

What?
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval looked at Rarity and beamed, "Yez! Makeober time on 'im!!! Clot'ez an 'air! 'e really likez pink!!!!" He grinned at Gabe and wagged his tail, "O come on! Are ya gunna deny Rarity?! Z'e iz da bezt ztylizt eber!!!!" Yep toot toot Drae is good at promoting people's skills!

Luci!Pony gets a look and there is a whine, "I wanna be a pony too..." He looks all put out and sad but then there is mention of a party put on by Pinkie Pie and he is up in a flash!

"O mai goz'!!! A Pinkie Pie party?!?!?!? Datz awezume!"
Pinkie Pie (played by The_Ross)

All of the ponies stopped moving at once, transfixed by this stunning display. Even Pinkie Pie stopped bouncing, and made a noise somewhere in the vicinity of, "oooOOOOOOooooo," her eyes wide.

Her expression abruptly changed. She tapped her chin with one forehoof, suddenly pensive, looking off to the side.

"Heeyyyyy, wait a second! You're one of those oh see ponies, aren't you?! Hmph!" She turned her nose up and and away, and crossed her forehooves - a decidedly Rarity-like gesture.
Twilight Sparkle (played by The_Ross)

The other ponies just looked back and forth between Luci and Pinkie, utterly confused.

"What the heck is an oh see pony?" muttered Rainbow Dash.

Finally, Twilight Sparkle stepped forward and took charge. "Look, don't worry about her, she's just being Pinkie Pie. We can worry about parties and makeovers later. For now, can you just tell us who - and what - you are?"

She paused briefly, remembering something.

"Oh, and what could you possibly need hair from our manes for? That's... kinda creepy."
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel thankfully doesn't have to comment on the makeover again, because Twilight nixes it anyway. He can't even manage to make friends with his favorite pony though, so he'll quietly wander back to Draeval. He's conjuring up an oddly colored apple in his gauntlet-ed hand, "If you want to be a pony, eat this." The apple would be offered to Drae, "It'll only last an hour or so though." It was up to Draeval if he wanted to eat the apple and be a cartoon pony for a little bit.

Gabriel's just going to take a seat near Drae, and he'll pull his legs up to his chest and wrap his arms around them. He's silent for now, he'll let Luci answer the question of who and what he is. He could probably answer is passably, but it's really not his place. "He already told you why." He'd mutter in answer to the last question, but that was the extent of his input.

Draeval blinked at Twilight Sparkle and bit his lip, he figured he'd have to go real slow and explain this again though he probably couldn't help. No one listened to him anyway. He took a breath and then started.

"I am Draebal, diz iz Gabe, an datz Luci. I'm a wolf, a bit zpecial but a wolf. Gabe iz a 'uman iz'. An Luci iz...u'...kinda...like...a deity. Exactly like dat actually. We're friendz, really. Nice guyz, promize. A lil eccentric but good ober all. An we 'abe magic juz like ya guyz da. In our own way."

Then onto the topic of the hair from the manes and he takes one more breath.

"Luci iz interezted in makin a bracelet bai webbin yar 'air tagedder. Iz really not dat weird. Mai mate 'az a bracelet woben wit mai fur. Iz 'ow z'e'z connected ta me wen I'm not 'ome."

Gabe is offering him an apple and he tilts his head. "Apple." He leaned down and sniffed it before taking a big huge bite. He'd continue chomping until he changed into a black unicorn with a clock cutey mark and an orange sparkling mane and tail. Finishing up his apple he lifted his head and snorted, "O! Diz iz fabulouz Gabe! I'm orange!" He was also smaller and cartoon like with big cute eyes.

He reared and clip clopped his hooves. "O mai goz' Gabe! Dey make da noize! Lizten!" Clip clop. Clip clop. He pranced next to Gabe and leaned down to nibble at his hair, "Yar awezume."
Applejack (played by The_Ross)

When Draeval suddenly turned in to a pony, Fluttershy squeaked and disappeared in a yellow puff as she ran to hide behind Applejack.

"A wolf, a... yooman is? And a deity. Like Celestia or Luna I s'pose? And y'all need our hair, to make a bracelet, for some reason."

She turned back to the others. "I dunno, it all seems mighty strange. What should we do?"

"Well, we shouldn't waste this opportunity. This is an entirely new race of sentient beings, never before seen or heard of in Equestria! We can't possibly leave without doing some SCIENCE!"

Twilight struck a dramatic pose as she said this, with one hoof raised, as yellow and orange bands of colors radiated outwards from behind her. Her mane and tail waved in a wind of unknown origin.

Rainbow dropped down a few feet to hover right in front of Twilight. "Ugh, that means we're gonna be here-"

"ForEVERRRRR!" interrupted Pinkie Pie, her head popping up in front of Dash.

"Yaaayyy science!" Twilight reared up on two hooves and clopped her forehooves together several times, her expression that of pure joy - possibly the most adorable sight in the universe.

"Guysss, you know I don't introduce myself like that!" he protested, facing both of them with a warning clomp clomp and lowered head. It lasted about one second, hoisting back up with ponyface splitting grin and prancing to the perceivable front center of the horses. "I'm a charmer, a lover and a bit of a tramp. But i'm whoever you want me to be. As for why I would want what i request, I have to make a living somehow. Now please, dont start on science. Populus doesn't deserve the fun of studying you before we have that party." he turned and strutted off, casting new colors aside again. A more realistic stallion took to emerging, with refractive feathers featuring peacock eyes beneath the uncharacteristically long name, horse head flattened with a mix of alligator features to match the rune carved fangs. If gabe is looking for extra legs, they are not there. For now the mane was still that classic lokifire. "I could make some calls, bring the kids by. I mean... the goats... y'know. Nevermind."

Drae looked at Luci and reared, standing in front of Gabe he pawed at the air, "Actually...I dun. Ya neber introduce yarzelf round me, zo 'ow would I kno?" He snorted and flicked his tail before tossing his head. Hey, he was being honest! He had not a clue. This is why no one should ever leave it to Drae to speak, because he hasn't been around long enough.

Drae looked at Twilight Sparkle and beamed, "I lub zcience!" Luci is poo pooing it and he'll shake his head, "Twilig't if ya wanna do zcience I can totally 'elp ya wit dat. I lub zcience, I'm not da eaziezt ta underztand doug'. Zo...I mite need a tranzlator." He looked towards Gabe and gave a little wag of his tail. Though it was more like a shake. Just an offer.

He realized that Fluttershy was gone and he whinnied, "Aww Flutterz'y w'ere'd ya go?"
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel looks completely and utterly confused as to why Luci is including him in his brief outburst. "I...didn't..." He literally hadn't even said a word. Draeval is prancing in front of him though, and Gabe'd sigh. "Stop that Draeval." He'd tug on his tail,"Leave him alone." He'd look over at Luci with a faint smile, "What goats and not party ponies?" It's not likely a reference that the little ponies would get, but hopefully Luci would understand it.

He's going to continue sitting there though, Draeval can offer to help with science, he's not interested in that much. Still, he's waiting around to see if there would be a party, or if they were just going to sit around and talk science. He'd turn a more careful eye on Drae then, "Look how cute you turned out." He'd try and pat him on the rump, "Haha...your cutey mark is a clockface!" He'd emit a couple of hearts then, but he'd try and brush them away like he had been doing, unless of course, Draeval wanted to eat them.
Pinkie Pie (played by The_Ross)

"Awww, boring old science? Twilight, you really need to get out more."

Twilight put on one of her famous unimpressed faces. "You know what Pinkie? Why don't you go-"

She was cut off by Pinkie Pie gasping, as though she'd just discovered that Adam of Eternia is really He-Man.

dmfu36.jpg

"I just had the best idea EVER! We'll have a SCIENCE PARTY!!!"

"A science party."

"Yep!"

"And just what is a science party?"

"I dunno, I just made it up! But I bet it'll be the bestest most fantabulous party ever! Hehe, I'm such a genius!"

twilight_ugh-(n1292468914526).png
"UUUUuuuggghhh."

A science party? The croc-headed horse lowered its lips and let out a mouthfart of exhasperation, rolling its firey eyes. "How about the science minds go let Popul study them, and the fun ones come out to the mountains? You can decorate all you want! I don't have magic ponies there, but I've got magic goats! Ever hear of the golden fleece? Yeah. Put that in your science pipe and smoke it." He pulled back his head proudly flashing a toothy, jagged grin. "Everyone's kinda down there since daddy's gone, everyone's missing their fun." Yeah, hopefully Pinkie doesn't end up with a completely inappropriate warning twitch. "I don't think you can bring the kind they're missing, but it could definitely spruce the place up!"

Draeval is fussed at and he'll look over at Gabe before nuzzling at him again, "Zorry." Silly Drae!Pony, he's lifting a hoof to paw at Gabe gently before tossing his head a bit. But the party ponies got his attention and his ears flicked. "Like...centaurz? Can we get da onez from Florida!? DEY WERE AWEZUM!" He's bouncing up and down like Pinkie Pie with a huge grin. "Yez! Luci peaz?! Party poniez AND goatz?!"

He looked at Luci and frowned, "'ey we could 'abe a zcience party, an it not be borin or nuffin. Juz tink...we could 'abe like dry ice ztuff, an tingz like dat. Fog an bubblin brew...zoundz like a 'alloween party...w'ic' would alzo be fun." Just saying.
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel is left looking confused, a science party? What on earth was that? Sounds like Pinkie doesn't even know! He's looking over at Luci, "What mountains?" He hadn't ever heard of any mountains with goats! Luci mentions Ash, and Gabriel's eyes drift to the ground, he only looks up when Draeval paws at him, "Well...at least someone got my joke." He hadn't expected the ponies to, but he had hoped Luci would pick up on it. "I don't know if he knows the party ponies Drae." He's not even going to say they aren't really, because he's talking to my little ponies, while Luci's selling objects that once belonged to Cloud. He figured they were probably real, somewhere.

He'd pat Draeval once again, "We wouldn't want to poison the goats though, or any of the other animals. Maybe we could have some themed decorations though." He didn't want to totally burst his bubble!

Twilight was beset on all sides. The wolf-pony-thing's speech was impossible to understand. Luci's speech was coherent, yet made even less sense. Gabriel seemed reasonable, but him and Luci kept mentioning goats and myths that even she had never heard of, and she didn't know what to make of any of it!

She was a stranger in a strange land, surrounded by even stranger things.

Meanwhile, Applejack was consoling Fluttershy, who had been terrified by all the sudden transformations. Pinkie Pie was busy coming up with ideas for her new kind of party with the help of Draeval. Rarity and Rainbow Dash, of all ponies, were discussing contingency plans in the event their new acquaintances turned out to be more - or less - than they seemed. Which, given that two of them had just magically shapeshifted before their eyes, seemed fairly reasonable.

Spike, meanwhile, had gotten the shaft once again.

Every time I'm in one of these things, they forget to write dialogue for me. That never happens in the show, so why do the fans do it? For Luna's sake, it's like I don't exist!

Finally, Twilight made a decision. With one hoof massaging a temple, she decreed, "All right, look. I'm tired of trying to decide if you guys are on the level or not. Anyone who wants to get their hair made in to an ankle warmer or whatever, have fun. I'm going to go look around, take some magical surveys, and try and figure out exactly where we are in four-dimensional space so I can compile a spell to get us back. Pinkie, go... party or something. I don't care. Come on, Spike, I'll need your help."

"FINALLY! An excuse to say something! Uh, I mean, sure Twilight. Whatever you need."

"...I... really am not sure if I can contact those party ponies, guys. I'd have to do this whole... transdimensional thing and... you know. We just avoided Ragnarok, I don't think we need to drag the second Titanomachy into this world from a parallel one. I caused enough trouble with my last of that style of influence." He cleared his throat as best he could. Yeah, please; no more Zenthuses, or storms made of death incarnate, plzkaythanks.

Still, he let horsey lips slide aside. "If that counts as a science party, Drae, I could just invite everyone from my last party. We had a few chemists there, so to speak. But you guys didn't seem happy with it." Halloween drew a tilt of the head to and fro. "Well, it's in a different mountain range, but En and I still have that cliffside residence we held last year's halloween party at. I could invite a few more key members of the herd, and we could send out re-invites, yeah? ...You weren't there that time, were you?" He pondered, before glancing over to Gabe. "Just... the ones where we keep extended family at. Y'know."

"Take the purple-fish-pony to Populus, in my opinion. They can be boring and rational together." But the other was already walking off.

I'm already here. It was barely audible, but enough to make the crocohorse just about cartwheel.

"STOP DOING THAT!"

'Perpetually evoke me and it's unavoidable I'll take notice.' It was slightly more audible.

"Yeah. Well. You have a magic pony obsessed with science. That's your field. They want to know where they are, my answer wasn't enough. When she's ready to go home, keep her near the temple and I'll take her back when her friends are ready. We're planning fun." He boasted. "OKAY! Anyone who's fun... team huddle. Anyone who wants to study stuff, follow The Purples one and two."
Ferous (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

'Populus' let out a sigh. Until then, they had been invisible--only drawn there so far as the recurrences of identifiable names for evocation. Still, there was a vague... spark of interest, only as Luci continued to try to convince: You can probably study them, or something. Wah wah, wah wah wah... It all turned into a peanuts phone for Ferous.

Hopefully Twilight and Spike wouldn't panic to see colors distort alongside at walking pace. As buildings were passed, shades of white and black were stolen, stretched, and wrapped like ribbons into a five foot ten relatively human figure. The clothing was entirely leather in design, with both pants and zipped-up high-collared jacket full of cockeyed and misplaced zippers. The face was a difficult to pin age--an exhausted 30 or well-aged 50; the hair was striking shock-white--and I do mean shock white. Either it had never been brushed, or Ferous had stuck a fork in an electrical socket. Maybe a mix of the two. Gloved hands were shoved in jacket pockets, with a casual pace alongside Twilight.

Stormy grey eyes flit up and down the animated pair from behind scholarly lenses. "...So," A muted tone spoke up if the apparition, elsewise silent and without any hint of fantastic that the more colorful peer being left behind had, hadn't been noticed. "...I might not have equipment for magical survey, but I do have for true scientific survey. Though I might want to try it on you, first. ...Are you a carbon based life form or...?" Ferous pondered, trying to reach out from the pocket and touch with a fingerless gloved hand. Plastic? Fur? What would Twilight even feel like at a touch if Ferous' hand managed to get close enough?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Yard Sale

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus