Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » On station.

Kathrine Rudel (played by SteamPower_Birb)

Obsolete, Irrelevant, Costly. That was how she'd been described before her refit and stationing. The fact she had been kept around by Kirukawa Technologies after having helped testbed two new generations of android for so long, long enough that a third was in the final stages of pre-production had shown her reliability and adaptability to three decades worth of technological advancement. Not that she remembered it anymore, her systems and AI being reset to 'factory' after the refit. No need to leave company black box data for others to find after all.

Having been refitted as a Space Station Attendant, her type often ended up as some form of attendant after useful service life was exceeded, she was now the 'Mother' of a small way station on one of the least used routes with a 'fresh out of the box' personality...brutally honest and business like.
Johnson (played by HvyArtillery)

A shuttle dropped out of warp near the station. Piloting it was Captain Johnson of the United Earth Federation. The shuttle was headed back to it's mothership, the UES Poseidon from a very important meeting several lightyears away. Unfortunatly, the warp drive of the shuttle began to malfunction, forcing Johnson to drop out of warp at the nearest station. As the shuttle approached, Johnson sent out a reauest to dock.
Kathrine Rudel (played by SteamPower_Birb) Topic Starter

Time for work. That's all Kat thought when the ship dropped from warp. She was in her interface chamber, suspended in a pink, viscous substance. A variation of her old SSC chamber but modified and upgraded it served as her repair station as well.

Receiving the docking request she replies in her slight British accent "Good evening. Docking request received and acknowledged. Processing...docking clearance granted. Please proceed to docking bay Five-B and follow all standard docking procedures. I shall be with you by the time you are finished docking." With that her chamber began it's process of emptying and making her chassis presentable to greet the arrival.
Johnson (played by HvyArtillery)

"Thank you." Johnson said over the comm. He piloted his shuttle towards Docking Bay Five-B and slowed down, docking the shuttle as precisely as any experienced pilot would. Once the shuttle was secured and it's engine off, Johnson got up from the pilot seat and exited his shuttle. When he was outside, he turned to look for any external damage to the small ship. Finding none, he deduced that what have problem was in the interior of his ship, therefore making it several times more difficult to repair. "Just my luck." He grumbled to himself.
Ripa 'Moramee (played by Chris_Pike)

An Alien being known as Ripa "Moramee was inside a Phantom drop-ship as they flew through space. He was an Arbiter, A high ranking soldier with a lot of honor. He was modifying his gauntlets when a Grunt came upto him "Boss! We see a space station!" The Grunt said jumping up and down, The Arbiter stood up and went to the com "The translators are working?" The Arbiter asked, To which the grunt nodded, The Arbiter began to speak into the com "Station, We ask to dock. We have been stuck in this drop-ship for the last three weeks" HE said awaiting the Stations reply. He was hoping his intimidating voice would not scare the station personnel, Because he was sick and tired of being stuck in this thing and listening to the grunts annoying speech

((The Arbiter Halo_Wars_Art_0.jpg Grunts halo-grunt.jpg The Phantom Dropship HReach-PhantomDropship-FrontAngle.png))

Kathrin was already on her way to bay Five-B, the door outer doors to the cavernous docking bay parting with a hiss "A precisely executed docking. Welcome to Wren way-station. You are the first to arrive here in three months, seventeen days, nine hours and eleven minutes. Do not blame 'luck' on equipment failure, if something is properly maintained and cared for then it will not fail when you need it. I am Kathrin, the caretaker of this station. If you are in need of any supplies they are available for purchase. Now how may I assist you?"

Before she received a answer, another docking request to dock was picked up. Kathrin spoke out loud to the newest contact. "Good evening. Docking request received and acknowledged. Processing...Error. Your craft does not match any of my database's known signatures. Please identify your hull number, point of origin, flight plan, planetary affiliation, species, And if you have any 'special needs' in accordance to your species if you are non-human. Thank you for your cooperation."

The Arbiter turned off the comm to let out an annoyed growl. But then turned the com back on "Hull Number is Phantom-059789. My Point of Origin was the Station "High Charity", My Flight plan was from High Charity, To The Forerunner Shield world, Then here. My Planetary Affiliation is Sanghelios, My home world. and we have many species, Eight. But only three present with us at this time. Mine is called Sangheili, The smaller ones are called Unggoy, And there is one Huragok with us. As for species needs...The grunts need methane in order to breath. They have tanks on their back so they can breath, But we would need a reliable source of refilling their tanks" The Arbiter finished and waited for the station to respond

Heads over to docking bay Five-A, leaving the first arrival to do as needed. "Acknowledged Phantom. Your Point of Origin is not in my database nor is the 'Forerunner Shield World'. Planetary Affiliation is acknowledged, species is also acknowledged. This station is equipped to refill the most commonly used gasses, methane included. Docking request accepted, please proceed to docking bay Five-A. Please remain in your vessel until given clearance to debark. Welcome to Wren Way-station.

"We will gladly show you where these things are on the map" The Arbiter said as the Phantom flew towards the Docking port. The Arbiter decided to keep talking to this person, She was the only one with a tolerable voice he had heard in days! "Tell Me, What are you? Your Species? Or are you some sort of A.I?"

"Very well. I look forward to it." New navigation information was always welcome after all. Standing near the back of the hanger, she watches the phantom on approach "I am a early Multi-Purpose Android that has been refitted as a Space Station Attendant by Kirukawa Technologies Corporation. I am the sole caretaker of this station and it's airspace."

He nods, even though she could not see him do so. The shuttle "lands" in the hangar, Or rather floats low on the ground waiting for clearance so everyone could get off

Waving a hand, four large cushioned platforms raise from the hanger floor and several magnetic clamps extend from the ceiling, ready to receive the vessel. Not every vessel had landing gear after all. To be honest, Docking bay Five-A's gravity generator was offline, the only reason Kathrine was walking was the fact her own feet could be magnetized. Seeing as everything was in place she says "You may cut power to your vessel and disembark. Please be aware that gravity is currently off in this bay in order to accommodate your vessel."

The Arbiter nods, He himself could jump for this height and survive, And the Engineer could just float down, But the grunts would never jump out of this thing. The grunts, The Engineer and The Arbiter jumped out of the Phantom and started moving towards Kathrine in an orderly fashion, They were in a line with the Arbiter in the front, Who nodded to Kathrine "Hello, I am the Arbiter whom you spoke with earlier" He says trying not to look or sound intimidating, Though, the fact he was 8.2 in height would not help that cause

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » On station.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus