Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Dragon Academy {Any gender dragon needed (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Dragon Academy had been the backbone of the Kingdom of Aria for generations. After all, Aria was a kingdom of dragon riders. It was the only kingdom where the dragons lived and thus had learned to live with the humans by bonding with a rider and they would stay bonded for the rest of their lives.

Only about twenty 12 year olds in the kingdom get chosen to join the freshman class of Dragon Academy to learn how to be a Guardian Dragon and Rider, the important group that was tasked with protecting Aria and keeping peace between humans and dragons.

Freya is chosen as one of twenty of first years. Unfortunately, Freya being chosen has caused a stir as she is a descendant of Viggo. Viggo was a necromancer who attempted to wipe out the dragons and Aria thousands of years ago. When he was killed, his wife and children were allowed to remain in Aria but had to start their own village with the other wives of Viggo’s followers. Nobody from that village had ever been chosen before Freya.

Your character is going to be the dragon that she is meant to bond with. Gender does not matter and they can have abilities as well. I’m thinking that the human also gains whatever magic the dragon has and that being bonded makes their magic stronger. They were not born in Aria like most dragons but was rescued from black market dragon trapping so they will be more cautious with people, especially when they hear who Freya is related to.

A few things to keep in mind:

This will be more episodic than having one overarching plot. We can come up with things to happen that our characters will solve like the main characters they are!

This is a semi advance Roleplay so 2+ paragraphs with good grammar and sentence structure please.

To keep things simple, I would like the dragon not to be any taller than 18 feet (giraffe height) please and no shapeshifting into humans (other animals are fine). Other than those two things, you can let your imagination go wild.

Please come ready to world build and be willing to play NPCs!

If you read all of this then please tell me your favorite color so I know you did.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, concise post-length, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

FelineGod1

Hey, I got really confused I thought you asked me tell you your favorite color. Anyway I really like you idea and I got a few ideas that I would like to discuss
Tiff_the_Odd Topic Starter

FelineGod1 wrote:
Hey, I got really confused I thought you asked me tell you your favorite color. Anyway I really like you idea and I got a few ideas that I would like to discuss

I did so that I know that people actually read it and didn’t just PM without reading. I would love to discuss with you!! Please PM and we can talk more!
FelineGod1

I know your story is about dragons, but I really wanna try out my winged lion/griffin OC. Perhaps dragons and other mystical creatures were almost hunted to extinction. However if you insist on me playing a dragon then I will.

Bump

Bump
I have a dragon!

Tucker_Dragon wrote:
I have a dragon!

Great! Go ahead and PM me

Bump

Bump

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Dragon Academy {Any gender dragon needed (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus