Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA :: Cosplayer and Tangled's #1 Fan (probably)

Another year, another AMA!
I have previously done an AMA on RPR and had fun! So why not do it again, with different subjects this time?

I am a cosplayer, and have loved to dress up as characters since I was very young. Halloween, in-fact, is one of my favorite holidays and that's probably where it originated from, ha ha!

I also am known around RPR as the person who loves Tangled, as told by my username "varian" (or the username I went by when I first did my AMA, "VarianOfOldCorona"), and I have researched quite a lot about in-show/book lore and even have created my own theories and headcanons!

You can also ask me about my other hyperfixation atm, Umbrella Academy, but I've only watched 1 season, so.. :P

Ask away, I'm ready! (I think. XD)
I have a few questions for ya <3

Would you mind listing:
[*] Your first cosplay
[*] Your favourite cosplay
[*] A cosplay that you spent way longer on that first anticipated
[*] A personal pet peeve about cosplay
[*] Your favourite Tangled head canon

Thanks for letting me ask, hope you have a nice day <3
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

VivaLaVida wrote:
I have a few questions for ya <3

Would you mind listing:
[*] Your first cosplay
[*] Your favourite cosplay
[*] A cosplay that you spent way longer on that first anticipated
[*] A personal pet peeve about cosplay
[*] Your favourite Tangled head canon

Thanks for letting me ask, hope you have a nice day <3

1 // Hiro Hamada from Big Hero 6!
2 // Probably Gregory from FNAF SB or Riddle Rosehearts (School Uniform) from Twisted Wonderland!
3 // My Ortho Shroud cosplay for sure, the wig was very hard to style and I'm still a bit unhappy with it.
4 // Price, oh gosh the prices.. For closet cosplay or just buying full cosplays, it's very expensive. :(
5 // My favorite Tangled headcanon is that Varian, from the Tangled TV show, He owns a golden locket forged by Xavier, the blacksmith in the City of Corona, that has Cassandra's picture in it. He'd do anything to keep it by his side, including falling to blackmailing and threats.
Kim Site Admin

When did you first see Tangled? What grabbed you about it?
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
When did you first see Tangled? What grabbed you about it?

1 // I first saw Tangled when I was young, I can't pinpoint exactly when or what age, but I loved it and found the Snuggly Duckling pub hilarious.

2 // As I said before, can't remember much, buuuut I can gladly tell you what grabbed me in my recent years. I came across TTS while browsing Disney+ and I remembered liking the Tangled movie, so I figured, why not? And so I watched it, and the first episode already had pulled me into the fandom, especially when Varian first appeared. He's just like me fr. XD
Cass Moderator

Do you have any advice for beginners who want to also do cosplay? :) Where do you even start?
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Cass wrote:
Do you have any advice for beginners who want to also do cosplay? :) Where do you even start?

1 // Well I have a few bits of advice for beginners, yeah! Wig caps are your friends, try cosplaying as characters with simple outfits first then work your way up to more complicated one, always try finding cheaper alternatives (for instance, MapOfBeauty sells great wigs for cheap on Amazon, I buy those for my cosplays. They even have a few wigs specifically for characters, such as Miku Hatsune.) and most importantly, enjoy cosplay! :)

2 // A good way to start is trying closet cosplay, where you take clothes you already have, to try and dress as a character as closely as you can with what you have. I did that for the longest time, and still sometimes do that!
Hello!

Do you buy your costumes from a third party or do you make them yourself? If you make them, how did you go about learning to do so?

Do you go to conventions to cosplay or are you part of a smaller community for it?
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

DarkonDreams wrote:
Hello!

Do you buy your costumes from a third party or do you make them yourself? If you make them, how did you go about learning to do so?

Do you go to conventions to cosplay or are you part of a smaller community for it?

1 // Third party, both full cosplays and just normal non-cosplay clothes to wear as a cosplay

2 // I don't do either, sadly. No one around here really does cosplay, and I missed my chance to go to a con a few years ago. :')

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA :: Cosplayer and Tangled's #1 Fan (probably)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus