Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Autistic guy, Vocaloid cover maker, furry

Hey! I'm Joot, I'm a fifteen year old guy who likes funny singing robots and silly little animal guys.

I hope to one day turn my hobby of vocal synths into an actual job and am currently posting covers on youtube using them! (Although I said vocaloid - and while i do have it, I mostly use UTAU)
1 // Favorite Vocaloid?
2 // Any advice on how to use UTAU?
3 // Favorite Vocaloid/UTAU song(s)?
4 // Favorite UTAUloid?
5 // Favorite animal?
Jooters Topic Starter

1 // Favorite Vocaloid? Hatsune Miku for her quality and swiss army knife nature
2 // Any advice on how to use UTAU? A lot, but to keep this short: use a good multipitch vcv (my favs are Mine Laru and Gekiyaku), use f2resamp and wavtool4vcv, learn how to fit usts, use the flags B0Y0F1, don't use openutau
3 // Favorite Vocaloid/UTAU song(s)? Orion Step by Vokedori
4 // Favorite UTAUloid? Mine Laru
5 // Favorite animal? Cats!
Kim Site Admin

Sorry, please help me I'm old -- what is Vocaloid?
Jooters Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Sorry, please help me I'm old -- what is Vocaloid?
Vocaloid is a software created by Yamaha that uses concatenative synthesis (pitching up and down recorded audio samples) to create vocals. However, most people like the software for the character mascots attached to the software, the most popular of which being Hatsune Miku. It's also used as just a term for vocal synthesis in general occasionally by people that are less knowledgeable. Popular songs that use vocal synthesis are Nyan Cat by Daniwell-P and Miku by Anamanaguchi
Kim Site Admin

Thank you, I wasd picturing something like the singing monsters app >.> Can we hear some of your covers?
Jooters Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Thank you, I wasd picturing something like the singing monsters app >.> Can we hear some of your covers?
Yeah! I have a link to my YouTube channel on my profile!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Autistic guy, Vocaloid cover maker, furry

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus