Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Strange Strangers Become Stranger Friends (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I have no idea if this will gain any kind of interest, but you never know unless you try, right? :D
What I'm looking for is an RP based around the idea of 'young adult who doesn't fully know what they're doing with their life gains strange non-human roommate'. Like, Bee and PuppyCat or Rillakuma and Kaoru vibes. The RP would be somewhat slice-of-life-ish, with potential for adventures, mishaps, shenanigans, and whatever else we want to throw in for the characters to experience. A more detailed plot, conflict, or objective can be added too, if we want :D
I'm down with playing either of the roles, honestly; if I take on the first role I'd use Yuki, and for the second role I'd need to make a new character.
Anyway, a few things I should mention...
Some sort of guidelines for the types of characters I'm looking for to fill in either role. I think the young adult character should probably be human or human-adjacent, or a species that doesn't stand out in their setting. (Like, if they're in an Elven kingdom, they should probably be an elf.) But I don't want to be super strict on this, so don't worry if you want to participate with a character that doesn't match that. They should also ideally be in the 18-25 age range, I think, and living on their own until they meet their non-human roommate(TM). (But if they have pets or something, that's fine :D)
As for the roommate, the only requirements are that they can communicate with their host in some kind of way, and they are distinctly non-human. Aliens, magic animals, possessed objects, robots, demons... almost anything goes.
With that out of the way, I'll also mention that our characters will not under any circumstances have a romantic relationship with one another. They should be friends, maybe develop a familial bond, but definitely not romance. If you want to play a character who has some romantic subplots going on, feel free, but it would have to involve NPsCs, not my character(s), as I'm not comfortable with romantic RP.
I've left anything about the specific setting pretty vague, because that's all up to the characters, and the preferences of a potential RP partner. The time period can be anywhere from recent history to the future; magic and technology levels can be whatever we decide we want them to be. Due to the nature of the idea, some sci-fi and/or fantasy elements are inevitable, but there can be as much or as little as we want. :D
Lastly, I'm looking for a partner who will write anything more than a one-liner and less than a novella. My own posts range from one to a few paragraphs, but I'm not overly picky about my partner's post length. I also only write 3rd-person past tense and prefer if my partner does the same. More information about my RP style can be found on my profile, but I think that covers the main stuff.
Please, send me a message if you're interested in this idea, and let me know which character/role you'd like to play, your preferences on the setting, as well as anything else you want to say, like ideas, suggestions, preferences, etc.
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 20%
A peaceful setting, but with a chance for small fights and struggles to break out on a very small scale.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Ultimate.Gaymer Topic Starter

I reopened and slightly updated this post, if anyone is interested :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Strange Strangers Become Stranger Friends (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus