Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hihi~

I'm Marionette, otherwise known as Pixie (and many other things, many other places xD). I love RPing (of course, why else would I be here?). I haven't really had active games in a while (aside from trying out trollplaying over on the MSPA forum/through the Pesterchum application recently; it's kind of an exception to a rule as I don't generally fan RP), however. I've been all around web forums and on various programs (MU*s, Furc, IRC, and so forth) over my time RPing, heh. Even when I'm not really RPing anywhere, I'm always creating characters~
Kim Site Admin

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "trollplaying"?
Marionette Topic Starter

Haha, don't feel bad, it's not exactly common knowledge. I just throw it in on the off chance someone will recognize it. xD Trollplaying is simply roleplaying a troll from the Homestuck MSPA webcomic, often RPing non-canon "fantrolls" as I and many others do. I'm not sure why, but even though I normally prefer original RP without question, creating and playing trolls has gotten kind of addictive. xD
Kim Site Admin

I spotted that you added a trollplaying character and went to check her out, along with the links to your game tags. It looks really interesting and sort of hilarious. Do you write your own silly intros in that style, or is there some kind of generator that spits out random troll traits?
Marionette Topic Starter

Nah, no generator. We just write them ourselves in an attempt to emulate the general style of the comic. Homestuck intros are written in a relatively standard fashion: the character's name is introduced (always in a format of "Your name is [name]."), their interests and qualities are described, and their pestertag/trolltag is noted. Interests and qualities can be anything and written however you want, but they have capitalized keywords, and they often include at least one thing a character likes doing (like "extreme roleplaying" or "being strong") and something that decorates their house (for exmaple, bad action movie posters or wizard statues). In the case of trolls, the trolltag is always noted, "Your trolltag is [trollTag] and you [description of their typing quirk, each troll possessing a unique one]." Also, the trolltag and quirk are always in the color of the troll's blood. There's also a wiki page you can look at that talks about all the canon trolls and general troll culture, but spoilers abound. I think the culture is really what makes it so interesting.

It's a bit easier to understand if you see some examples (there are around 16 in the comic and tons and tons of fan ones on Trollslum). Oh, whoops. Just realized I linked to whatever random page of Trollslum I was on at the time instead of the first one, haha. Gotta fix that too. It's a database where people post the trolls they've created, and some people play there or in other threads (my group does a lot of chatting over the Pesterchum application and group talk on the thread, as I think the post I accidentally linked to contained).

Anyway, it's been ridiculously fun. Rizza's game just took some turns for the excessively dramatic. xD In fact, I need to update her social information. To quote Homestuck itself, "Troll romance sure is confusing!"
Kim Site Admin

Interesting. I wonder if this would be something that will warrant a game icon eventually.
Marionette Topic Starter

Hmm, I suppose it would depend on how many of trollplayers would actually make use of this site. I went ahead and posted Rizza because I've grown to utterly adore playing her and wanted a page for her I could update and refer to easily (I may actually try to make a human version of her so I can pull her out and play her in more settings, haha), but I think the chief mode of gathering is just on the MSPA forums. There are a few groups that do things offsite, though.
Kim Site Admin

Yes, definitely. I'll keep my eye out for any trollplaying characters as I see new ones go by. :)
Marionette Topic Starter

Haha, it looks like a couple of Rizza's teammates' players joined the site after I linked her profile on Trollslum.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hihi~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus