Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Hidden/Unlinked Pages from Profiles

Dragonfire Moderator

So I've had a few times where I've been doing up a character profile, and wished I had the ability to 'hide' a page - that is, have it exist, be able to view it, be able to share it with others if you link to it from somewhere or give 'em the link directly, have it look/appear/link to the rest of the profile as normal, but be unreachable from the 'public' space of the profile, not linked up in the bar with the rest of everything. There would ideally be some way to flip pages between public status and hidden.

This'd be useful for:

a) previewing or saving works-in-progress, rather than just having an empty page, generic placeholder, or a half-written piece of info. You could write part of it when you have the time/brain, and publish it properly later, potentially have people proofread or beta it for you, etc.

b) detailing semi-private information about a character, whether that's information about a dual nature, aspects of personality or backstory that are somewhat secretive, and so on. You might want to share it with a few people you play with, but not necessarily everyone that your character comes across.

c) related to b) above, to corral potentially mature content when the rest of the character is otherwise clean, and is used in both all-audiences and mature-rated roleplay. There'd probably be a need to be able to make a hidden page like this have a warning on it upon entry, of course. Still would be useful for the above even if this particular feature isn't possible, though.

Just some thoughts!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Hidden/Unlinked Pages from Profiles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus