Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello All!

Loren

Hello everyone, I'm Loren. I'm new to this site but I've been rping for a while, now. English is my second language, and I generally like to roleplay characters with a greyish morality. I also generally use a tone of sarcasm or irony with my characters. By the way, my internet is terrible, and constantly crashing on me.

Yeah :)
Yuka

Welcome to RPR! :) What genre of RP do you enjoy the most?
Hello and welcome!

I might just have to watch you for a bit, your style sounds like it'd been a good read (and I'm too busy at the moment to start a new game >.< ).

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, and feel free to dive right into the community. The folks here are super friendly. :)
Loren Topic Starter

Thanks! :)

I tend to go to 21st Century roleplays, with a tinge of supernatural in them. As long as there's no full out fireball wizard fight , and no-one in the building notices a thing, while there are people being burned to death by the person in the pointy hat, its fine by me :)

Now seriously, I or alternate between full out fantasy -elves, dragons, you know :) - or something less expansive. Fantastical creatures hidden amongst mortals, for example. Fae Lords in the Central park ... I also like historical roleplays/time travel roleplays.

And...I do have a question.

About the images... being a terrible- and I mean terrible- painter/artist , what are the rules of the website on the pictures? I know that for the gallery, you can't put anything without getting an authorization from the author...what about the roleplayer's own avatar?
Sarcasm? Like we need that here. Tch. :3

AFAIK those rules are there just so people don't begin ripping every picture off devArt and using them for their characters, thus ensuring that someone gets mad about a member using their art anywhere but where it was originally uploaded. Most of the time that's not a problem, and I doubt that every picture is following that to the letter, but there's always that "special case".

Avy's are pretty much open game, as long as something isn't being directly lifted from a source that is explicitly "do not replicate" (such as mentioned above), and is appropriate for anyone to see; no naughty bits showing, not of an explicitly gory or violent nature, and not someone giving every person in the forum the middle finger. If you could use it on another public site without incident, then it's likely not going to be a problem here.
Loren Topic Starter

Thanks for the reply :)

Well, I suppose I'll put an image for my avatar and then I'll go for the images for my characters *shrugs* I'm still making my one of my two signature characters, though (the ones I tend to rp with most).

(Also, sorry about taking so long to reply.)
"taking so long"? An hour and a half isn't that long. Goodness XD
Loren Topic Starter

Yeah, well...I was working on my character :) I generally take a long time to finish them, so yeah. By the way, can we have a character on multiple settings? For example, he travels through time and dimensions... to his chagrin...so he can probably be in a sci-fi environment and also be on a fantasy one, too. Is this allowed?
Absolutely. Basically anything goes so long as its not illegal, rude OOC, fits into any content restrictions (mostly, no adult content where it isn't permitted), that sort of thing It just comes down to who's willing to play with him, since some folks may not want him existing alongside a character of theirs.

There's a lot more info in the help pages too, and even some folks who have been playing for years have found some of the RP guide stuff rather informative. :)
Loren Topic Starter

Right, thanks :)

I'll make a couple of more specific characters, then, I suppose.
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! You sound super amazing and interesting so far. I'm glad to see that you are already making friends and getting questions answered! Please do feel free to ask any questions or make comments and suggestions whenever they come up. :)
Loren Topic Starter

Thank you :) This site is excelent, too!
Kim Site Admin

Thank YOU! :)
Loren Topic Starter

((By the way, I actually have a question...a rp that's in the 21st Century but with supernatural hints and monsters is in the Fantasy or the General RP forums?

Hello Loren! Welcome to RPR! :D As you can see everyone here is super friendly and eager to help. To answer your question I would call that 'urban fantasy' and would toss it onto the fantasy forums, but that is just me :) Hope you are having loads of fun here! :D
Loren Topic Starter

((Thanks! But...ah...too late. XD Oh, well. Is it possible to change forums, by the way?))
Kim Site Admin

A moderator can move a topic that's in the wrong place, but I think your RP could fit easily into both fantasy and general. :)
Loren Topic Starter

Right, thanks :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello All!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus