Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Is there a way to remove PM recepients?

Is there a way to delete a character/player from a conversation without deleting the conversation? It's just a major inconvenience to the player because it's sending both to them and their character. Like when you message an anonymous character and the player replies, and then you have both the character AND the player in the recipients section.
Unfortunately as of right now, I do not believe there is way to remove people from the conversation of a PM message. You'll have to make a new message and hope the player doesn't reply back as themselves, but as their character, or just deal with it as is. This has come up before, but I'm not entirely sure if Kim is going to make this a feature in the new system or not.

Still, I hope that work around helps, even if it comes off as a bit of an inconvenience at the moment!
Sanne Moderator

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=10769

This topic is somewhat related! :) Although it talks about removing yourself from a PM, I thought you might find this useful too.
Zephyrezz Topic Starter

Thanks for all the help guys. :)
Sanne Moderator

I also want to point out there's no downside to having both player and character listed. The person will still only get 1 message (and 1 email), not 2. If you send a PM to a character, the character will always be the default in the reply list for them too.
Kim Site Admin

InsaneShadow wrote:
It's just a major inconvenience to the player because it's sending both to them and their character.

If someone is experiencing this, they should submit a bug report. Only one message thread should exist regardless of how many recipients are privy to it.

Do you perhaps mean they are getting two email notifications about it? Because this is also a bug if so.

You are on: Forums » Help » Is there a way to remove PM recepients?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus