Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » The Riddle Game!

aww... lol
Loren

Heh. Who posts the next riddle?
Loren wrote:
Heh. Who posts the next riddle?

I will. This one is kind of easy but I want to see how quickly someone gets it.

What has four letters...
But has three...
Sometimes nine...
Never has five...
Always has six...
...and shouldn't have eight?

The answer to the riddle is just one word. A very particular word.
I'm not a genius or anything but...
You're not askin' me for a word, you're just telling me the numbers of "What" (4), "But" (3), "Sometimes" (9), "Never" (5), "Always" (6), and "Shouldn't" [8].

Correct? You threw me off for a second with the end line.
Tashesto wrote:
Correct? You threw me off for a second with the end line.

You are so deliciously close, you solved the riddle but you still haven't answered it correctly yet. The second line is a clue as to what word to answer with, a single word that completes what you have solved.
Loren

Argh, this one hsa been messsing with my mind. Actually, I was pretty sure that it was what Tashesto wrote...but then you said it wasn't XD Dammit.
Loren wrote:
Argh, this one hsa been messsing with my mind. Actually, I was pretty sure that it was what Tashesto wrote...but then you said it wasn't XD Dammit.

He's halfway there. Believe me, the first time I heard this one I got this far too and then kicked myself when I learned the answer.
Hm, can't figure it out for the life of me. I'm indefinitely stumped, lol. I keep thinking and rethinking but it's just not clicking.

And all my mind can fixate on is the number 3 now. Which got me thinking of the holy hand grenade of antioch bit.

So yeah, I have no idea.
Tashesto wrote:
So yeah, I have no idea.

That's too bad! Anyone else wanna give it a shot or should I just give the answer? ^^'
Loren

Okay, I give up O.o I'm for you giving us the answer. And I hate myself for this..XD.
Loren wrote:
Okay, I give up O.o I'm for you giving us the answer. And I hate myself for this..XD.

I hate having to give into a riddle, too. But hey, that makes it a successful riddle, right?
Loren

Yep. I also couldn't get past the numbers -.-
So solved the riddle...
Tashesto wrote:
You're not askin' me for a word, you're just telling me the numbers of "What" (4), "But" (3), "Sometimes" (9), "Never" (5), "Always" (6), and "Shouldn't" [8].

But you couldn't give me the answer I was looking for.

The answer was simple. One word.

Yes.

The answer was 'yes'.

XD
Loren

*kicks self*
Loren wrote:
*kicks self*

I told y'all you'd do that. ^^'
Loren

Hah :) Here's a hard one...

I'm teary-eyed but never cry.
Silver-tongued, but never lie.
Double-winged, but never fly.
Air-cooled, but never dry.
jaykob

just a guess mercurey?
jaykob

you put a cold pizza in your car and when you get home it is warm how is that possible
bts4life

It was a hot day and the car ride was long?
Why do walruses go to tupperware parties?

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » The Riddle Game!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus