Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pottermore

..Anyone else have early access? :D

I DO!

Well, that is- I finally got access yesterday! I know the released the remainder of the welcome emails and it won't be available to the public until sometime in October.

I'm in Ravenclaw, my wand is made of hazel with unicorn hair, 12 inches long and surprisingly swishy! I'm still working my way through book one, but Pottermore has been pretty overloaded as of late. (Yus, I am a total dork!)

Possible spoilers ahead? I'd assume everyone has read the books, but if you're wanting to play Pottermore and not know about how they've laid everything out or organized things on the website, you might not want to read ahead.
I DON'T. D: However, although I've fallen out of the Potterverse fandom, I still am looking forward to this! Sounds like fun, and who knows, maybe it'll renew my old spark I used to have back in the day for the series. <3
Dragonfire Moderator

I have heard vaguely about it, but I don't actually have any clue what it is. XD Is it an MMO of some sort?
iv heard about pottermore, and i love the harry potter books. But the game never held any interest for me....though you will have to let me know if it play's well or suffers like some online games do!
Dylan Topic Starter

Dragonfire wrote:
I have heard vaguely about it, but I don't actually have any clue what it is. XD Is it an MMO of some sort?

It's.. kind of like a Harry Potter Facebook? That's one of the ways I've heard it described. Wikipedia probably describes it best:
Quote:
Users are able to participate in interactive reading experiences or "moments" beginning with the first book Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.[10] Users can move through the chapters and "follow" Harry as well as collect items such as potion ingredients, books and galleons (a wizard coin), many of which earn them house points once they are sorted. Among other things, users are able to visit Diagon Alley, learn spells, duel other users and create potions. Students from different houses compete with each other for the House Cup by gaining house points mainly through the aforementioned dueling and potion-making.

So far I have blown up three cauldrons in potions! Oops. The site is still quite laggy and there are bugs (I am on Chapter 11 for the first book and caught the Golden Snitch but it won't unlock the next chapter for me!) I am assuming they'll have servers that'll better be able to handle the rush that'll happen when it opens up to the public.

I'm PixiePotion15, by the way. If there is anyone who has early access and wishes to add me as a friend.
Dylan Topic Starter

Giving this a bump!

Pottermore is now open to everyone. (:
Claine Moderator

Eee I've been waiting for this thing to go public. I'm kinda bummed we can't have our own usernames, but I can understand that this is a game that will attract a lot of younger players and they don't want to moderate thousands of usernames for inappropriate content. My username is: CloakCastle18100
Sweetness! So, I finally joined Pottermore yesterday, and holy crap is it awesome.

My username is ElmCat14571, and I've got a maple wand that's 123/4 inches, has a phoenix feather core, and is slightly springy.

Also potions are HARD, but I seem to be doing okay with the one that's brew atm. When I'm done with that, I'll start adding some of you awesome peeps! :D

Edit: Oh wait, there's only two of you to add. *finally reread the posts* I can do that while I wait! :D
I'm on as well. :) Username is: MarauderDust29489 and for some reason I'm a Hufflepuff. I call shenanigans and also I do not eat paste!

My wand is 12 1/2 inches Spruce with a Dragon core and is Unyielding
Hufflepuff! Wolfspirit25663!
Rubix wrote:
and for some reason I'm a Hufflepuff. I call shenanigans and also I do not eat paste!

I feel like I should have been a Ravenclaw :/

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pottermore

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus