Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Battle, Fame, and Dark Mysteries (Closed)

Game Master (played anonymously)

OOC:This is a sort of game-based rp. The players in this RP (not including myself, as I control all npc/non-essential characters, and the like, and therefore am already exercising freedom of fate, actions, etc.) are free to do whatever they like and build up their money, fame, etc. I will update the HUD/character 'sheets' regularly, and things such as fame, good v. evil, etc., can and will effect how others view your character and interact with them. The entire combat system is not completely developed, so changes WILL be made to it until one is decided upon, please keep this in mind.

When starting your character please have him/her NOT start out with any sort of title, prestige, etc. Each character is NEW to the city for some reason left up to you. Fame starts out at ten percent, and can both decrease and increase. Negative fame means you are known for your faults and/or failures. Do NOT start your character out with any sort of weapons and/or armor and gadgets, these will be discussed out of the RP before they are included. Thank you.

The following names are the characters partaking in this RP. Please refer to this for IG updates and info for your character. This is essentially your HUD, and will contain vital information.

Sam Thorne (Played by Royalex)

Health Status: Healthy
Effects: None
Money: Credits 0 Corites 0 Corite Shards 0
Inventory:
Fame: 10%
Good v. Evil: 50/50
Crimes: No standing crimes.
Wanted Status: Not wanted.
Allies: None

Artemis Hunnel (Played by Jollyranchers123)

Money: Credits 5 Corites 25 Corite Shards 68
Inventory:
Fame: 11%
Crimes: No Standing Crimes.
Wanted Status: Not Wanted.

Hazel (Played by Trackstar)

Money: Credits 1 Corites 23 Corite Shards 51
Inventory:
Fame: 10%

Alkilai (Played by Monkeycyborgninja)

Health Status: Extremely Injured
Effects: Severed hands, extreme blood loss, battered
Money: Credits 2 Corites 0 Corite Shards 55
Inventory:
Fame: 11%

**UPDATE- After discussion with all of the members, it has been decided that the skills and such that would make this a more complex and complicated RP will NOT be put into use in this game. Rolling will continue in a similar manner as before**

IC:
The city of Daremin is well known for its commerce. Being most easily accessed by air, the city grew into a popular trade center for all sorts of merchandise, both legal and not. The more it grew, the more people started to settle down in the bustling city landscape. The bottom three levels of the city were completely circular, cutting into the mountain with the stacked buildings. The next two levels, which were much exposed to the air, with the bottom level only just slightly caressing the mountains sleek body. Two more levels formed a half circle and a corner circle to the north, one on top of the other.

The markets of Daremin were not the only thing the city boasted. It also held several arena's in which its citizens, and foreigners, often fought in. In the second highest level of the city rested the famous arena were tournament after tournament was fought. Arena Fighters could earn large sums of money, and a large amount of fame by fighting here. A second arena, resting somewhere in the middle zone, hosted a series of human versus creature battles. They were gory and deadly, but those that survived were heroes. In the very bottom of the city rested a third, unsanctioned arena hides. Here viscous man to man duels take place in fights were almost anything goes.

If one was looking to gain fame and riches without using the city's commerce or arenas, they might fight them self on the path of crime, ruling the lower streets of Daremin with ruthless and cunning ways. Or they might become the savior that helps the city guards put down the criminals, or, even more glorious, help defend the city from the creatures that attack the city from the depths of the mountain.

Of all the inhabitants of the city, only a few stand out above the others. With the rush for fame, however, new heroes, villains, and leaders are working their way up the ranks. Welcome, my friends, to Daremin.
Rro Rogers (played by RoyaleX318)

Jolly had been a criminal a decade ago, and the world had forgotten his crimes. He had been born into a ninja clan, but gave up the extensive training to be in a petty band of thieves that were since killed or locked away in cities far away from him. He had been transferred because this prison was break out proof, or so they thought, and Jolly had broken out once or twice in other cities. But he had been here for a month already and hadn't done a single thing to break out, nothing but observe.

The man had a metal leg, severed from his days before. Thick black hair flowed like rivers down his shoulders, he had nothing. Nothing but a consent reminder of his lacking freedom. He had stolen, broken out of jails, even killed a man or two, but he wanted a fresh start. A grin found it's way onto the prisoners face as he peered out the barred window, "A new life awaits." Jolly screwed his auto mail leg on tightly, and stood up scratching the scars on his chest, "I'd say it's about time to break out."
Hazel (played by Borko)

Hazel continued to walk, it seemed like she had been moving for ages. She had to leave that old place, with all of the old memories. They were making her too weak to fend for herself and that is unacceptable. She even lost her bow because of it. So it was time to move on. She lost her parents and two older brothers 11 years ago. It's time to forget them and the place she once lived. She had heard of a city that was over the mountains and decided to start her life over there.

She stayed by herself mostly, and rarely trusted anyone. As a 19 year old girl, it was purely for her projection but, if she needed to teach someone a lesson she of course wouldn't hesitate to help them learn. Though she is 19 years old she could beat up, or if worse comes to worse, run away from almost anyone. She tricked many people by her good looks, but of course her favorite saying is to never judge a book by it's cover. Hazel was ready for a new start, new tests, and maybe even a better chance for survive in an actual city.

As she came to the path by the mountain to look into her new home. As the view came into focus all she could mutter was "home sweet home" as she continued her decent into the mysterious city of Daremin
Alkilai smiled as he looked up at the sign of his brand new shop. It read Auto-Mail in big letters with a picture of a normal hand and an Auto-Mail hand shaking hands. He still couldn't believe he was actually in Daremin, the city filled with fame and fortune waiting to be sought for. He had to admit he was a little nervous, he grew up in a small town, he was used to a very different atmosphere then the that of a crowded city, he didn't know how things would turn out for him, and yet here he was, already taking the first steps in making a life for himself. He was fairly talented at designing and creating Auto-Mail, a craft that he inherited from his father, who raised him on his own. He had always loved forging and shaping metal and turning it into something that can actually replace a body part, it just fascinated him to no end. He spent years perfecting his craft, but there was only so much he could do in that small little town. And so once he was old enough, he left and settled into Daremin, hoping to make his fortune. Suddenly, he saw some children run passed him, all holding binoculars of some kind, rushing towards the large Arena. The Arenas were big in this city, many of all ages loved to watch the fights; truth be told Alkilai was no stranger to combat, his town had it's share of rough characters and so he's learned to defend himself, in fact when he first left people thought he'd be going into the arenas, but alas, his true passioned lied with Auto-Mail.
"Alright, time to get to work." he said proudly as he entered his store and flipped the closed sign to open for the first time.
Artemis sniffed the air, his face appeared to be somewhat, amused. After losing basically everything, his title, fortune, and city, he decided to go to Daremin for a fresh start. Being a Bounty Hunter he was familiar with battle strategies and hand-to-hand combat, with that he figured he could earn some good money with the arenas. Popping his knuckles, he waited in-line for the Air Bus to arrive so he could pay and finally see what this city was all about. With only a bit of profit resting in his Travel Pack, he would have to start off fighting, fast.

The Air Bus arrived later than expected, but Artemis didn't mind, he was used to waiting. Aimlessly stepping into the vehicle, he gave the man monitoring giving out the tickets his money. It was a bit costly, but he shrugged it off as a minor fee. The people on the Air Bus looked at him suspiciously, for he was dressed in a black leather Brawler's Outfit with studded-knuckle gloves. Although he was certain no one knows who he was, he was still alert and on-guard in case somebody felt to exact revenge. A handful of minutes passed by and the Bus stopped. The doors swung open and the, 'Slums', Air Dock was revealed. Nobody but Artemis got off at this stop, which worried him a little bit.

Artemis looked around and was pathetically disappointed at the sight before him. People blundered around draped in dusty rags as a sad excuse of clothing. Coughing and gagging people infested the population and Artemis almost lost his lunch. He started walking over to where the sign with the words, "Arena", gruffly etched into it and started to where the arrow pointed. "This," he grumbled to himself, "is pitiful."
Game Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Footsteps echoed on through the dark, concrete tunnel that lead to the cell which held a prisoner by the name of 'Jolly Rro'. One set of steps, two sets, three, four, the number was quickly lost in the crude walls. Lights on the ceiling suddenly came alive, lighting up the entire hallway, chasing off all of the shadows.

The footsteps belonged to the warden and the six armed men that accompanied him. "Get up," shouted one of the guards, but not approaching the bars. They had been warned of his tendency to break out of jail, but they were also informed of his refusal to harm the innocent. "Warden's got good news for ye'."

Stepping forward, but still out of any sort of reach, the Warden came into view. "You are the one they call 'Jolly'?" He inquired. Without waiting for a response, he continued speaking. "With what is going on the prisons are becoming crowded. We are letting a few go, on parol of course. You are one of then."

The slums were not of a pleasant nature. The air was stale and the houses were old and worn down. Very little sunlight reached the lowest two levels of Daremin, especially the parts nearest to the mountain's heart. To the west, where Artemis stepped off the air bus, was where many beggars stayed in hopes of earning coin from any who, like the unfortunate Artemis, may have stepped off just a stop early. He would be pestered by three beggars at least. If he continued following the sign for the arena, he would find himself in the farthest part of the lowest level.

From the mountain's slopes Daremin would look like an extravagant city of dreams. Almost like a fantasy fortress from the virtual reality simulators. Merchants hurried around to make deals, tourists snapped pictures and shopped for souvenirs, and guards aided any who were lost or needed any oter sort of help. However, this view would diminish with every step she took as the lower levels began to appear. Although the top four levels were where others dreamed to be, the lowest levels were where the cities crime occurred. The path that Hazel took would lead her into the same level as Artemis, but through a small entrance on the southern edge. All that lay between her and it was an crude, rock covered path that wound its way down.

On the lower middle level, where the smithy of Alkilai would reside, was where the misery of the lower levels ended and an air of inspiration began. On this level existed mostly small time shops, most of them hoping to grow and purchase retail locations on the next level, and the homes of most of the vendors and middle class population of Daremin. Most here were not rich by any means, but they were content.

A child ran up to the new shop of Alkilai, his bright eyes looking from piece to piece with the awe that a pyromaniac would have while viewing a burning building. "Mister!" Exclaimed the child as some scraps caught his brilliant blue eyes. "Mister can I have some a' those?" He said, eagerly pointing to the scraps. "I want to build something too! Can I please?" Although scraps, it would take some cordite shards to replace what they could be used for. "Please mister?"

rolled 1d6 and got 2
For Hazel's descent: 1&2- Hazel stumbles down 3,4,5&6- safe passage

It was too late, Jolly had already gone, using his metal leg he short circuited the rooms window and had escaped. Out the window down to a ledge then back into the prison, crawling threw the air ducks and had broken out. His steel cast leg was now badly damaged and if he was going to star over in this city he needed a new one. "But where?" He asked himself. His cloths smelled of char and ash, he was shirtless having tied his blacked shirt around his waste so no one would see a prisoners uniform, it was blacked by the dirty air ducks anyway.

He walked a few blocks, struggling to stand up right. Scents of food punished his nose, he was so hungry. Maybe he could dine and dash if he had a new leg. Like destiny he looked up, "Auto-mail" He read aloud, "well this is convenient." Chuckling, he stumbled inside. Jolly looked around the shop seeing different kinds of legs and arms and even some Auto-mail weapon attachments, a small boy stood at the counter in front of him, "Names Jolly!" He called, "Need a new leg..."
Hazel (played by Borko)

Home sweet home, Hazel thought to herself in a sarcastic tone as she saw the rocks that blocked the path down to the city. She had never really encountered this kind of terrain before. All she is used to is climbing trees and sneaking around plants. She paused and looked around hoping to see something that would help her decent. But, there were no trees and no plants. I guess I will have to face the rocks,she thought as she noticed how steep the path was. She shrugged the worry off, its not like I haven't walked down a little hill before, I'll be fine. With her know it all attitude she continued on her journey to her new life, bobbing and weaving through some of the larger rocks. As the path became less steep, her pace increased and so did her confidence.

Hazel continued on her way, looking towards the city and protecting her back like she always does. But what she isn't used to is looking down. Part of the path was crumbling away leaving many small, slippery rocks there to meet her feet as she bounded towards the city. "AAAGGHHHHG"she cried as she felt her ankle turn and her body come in contact with the rocks around her. She laid there for a moment as she figured out what shape her body was in. Final tally: Minor sprained ankle, slight pain on the left shoulder (where she was shot), and a scrapped up elbow. No big deal. She got up and winced as she first stepped on her ankle. No pain no gain she sucked up the pain and continued on to the city, at a slightly slower pace.

She finally reaches the gate that will allow her new life to begin. It all starts now, welcome home.
Alkilai was just setting up the display with some of the standard Auto-Mail pieces, he worked hard on these pieces, he felt a little sad that they would just be gathering dust as a sample display. He began doing some last minute polishing when a child came up to him, out of the blue, and asked if he could take the scraps he had collected from the day's crafting. He couldn't help but be reminded of his early days as a Mail-Smith, he too used to play around with the scraps from his father's work, many smiths get they're start this way. Then again, he had to consider whether he could afford to just give them away, they may be scraps, but they could still be used in one way or another. He looked back at the boy, seeing the bright curiosity in his eyes he sighed and smiled.
"Go ahead, take them, they're yours." He replied, much the child's delight. "On one condition though, if you do manage to make something, you come show it to me, deal?" The boy nodded and thus Alkilai gave him the box of scraps. Just then, he heard the door to his store open, a man with black hair and a busted up Auto-Mail leg walked in.
"Names Jolly..." He introduced. "Need a new leg..."
"Uh, I can see that?" Alkilai replied. "Uh, welcome, here, have a seat." He then guided the man to a chair. "So, what exactly do you want?"

Jolly sat down, unscrewing his twisted up leg, mangled around his thigh. He untied his shirt tossing in in the waste basket, "I just need an all new leg altogether, and if you have some cloths friend." Jolly was good at taking to people and quick on his feet when it came to lying, "Mines, are cruel these days," He looked at the torn up scrap that had been holding him up, "I'd also want to appraise the leg if your willing to buy."

He looked into the mans eyes and his confident sly attitude slipped away a little bit, this man was exactly the people he hated, hardworking people that he would feel guilty later on for ripping off. But Jolly needed a leg, he had no intention of hurting anyone, just keep a low profile. As soon as he got this leg, and some food. His stomach grumbled loudly, "getting to be that time of day," Jolly said, trying to sound kind to the man who was helping him.
"Yeah, I suppose" He said as he took the leg and examined it. It was pretty beaten up, definitely beyond function. It could possibly be repaired, but the cost of doing so would be too great, it was a smart move on Rro's part to just replace it. As for appraisal, it still had some working mechanisms, the ankle joint wasn't completely destroyed, and one of the shocks was in perfect working order, he could probably salvage them.
"Mmm, yeah, I guess I could buy this off you, but I can't give you much, Truth be told I don't have enough hard cash on me to do any appraising right now, just like seven Corite and a couple of shards." He lamented. "Well, enough about busted up Auto-Mail, let's get down to business." Alkilai then walked over to behind the counter, opening a drawer and taking out a book. He walked back over to the customer and opened it up to him. It was a catalogue that showed the many different types of Auto-Mail legs he offered.
"Now, what exactly do you want here, here are some standard models, normal prosthetics and the like, please, take you're time, find something you like."

Jolly didn't know a lot about the currency here, but he was familiar enough to know that he should at least be given 25 to 30 corite for that hunk of metal, "Fine," Jolly would take it, he'd be stealing an expensive piece of the mans collection in a few minutes anyway, "But only if I can get some fresh cloths and boots, with that." He looked around the shop, and then down at the pictures of metal legs in the pan flit.

"And as for my new leg," He said, "I want something sturdy that can take hits in battle, a loyal leg. Whatever you already have made as close to that description as you can get." Jolly handed the booklet back to the man, "What is your name by the way?" Jolly, wanted to know so that hopefully one day he could repay the man. He never hurt an innocent, and tried not to steal from them either unless he knew he would pay them back. Often times he never did but it helped him sleep at night knowing he had the intention to in the beginning.
"Alkilai, you're Jolly right?" He replied and began flipping through the catalogue. "A sturdy leg, good for fighting huh... If that's what you want, then I recommend this." he pointed at a specific leg under the Arena Specialties section. "It's made with sturdy metal, good shocks, plates for taking and dishing out hits, and the joints are extra flexible. It would be better if you could give me a day or two to tailor it to you're specific body type, but if you want to walk out of here with it, I guess I could give the bare standard." he explained.

"Having a leg like this for ten years, I've learned how to buff off the rust and fit it pretty well," Jolly explained, then in a joking manor, "and as a matter a fact I'd be more jolly if i could have my real flesh and bone back where your about to attach this hunk of metal," he said nodding toward the booklet and chuckling slightly. He stuck his thigh out, he wanted the leg on as soon as possible, so he could get away, no harm, no ruckus. He also stuck his opposite hand out for the cordite.
"Are you sure, you really should have a professional do it, but if that's what you want." Alkilai said, a little apprehensive. "Wait here, I'll get you those clothes and the Cordite." He disappeared into the shop for a while, looking through his clothes for something he could give to the man. He eventually decided on a red T-shirt and some brown pants. He also grabbed the seven Cordites and made his way back to the man.
"Alright, here's you're clothes, and the money for the leg, sorry, this is all I can spare." He placed the money in Rro's hand and tossed the clothes to him. "Now all that's left is to get the leg ready. This will take a little while, please be patient." With that Alkilai went back into the Smithing Room, grabbing the standard parts needed to manufacture the Auto-Mail leg. He started up his machines and went to work, attaching the foreleg to the foot and tightening the springs and what not. He made sure everything was nice and tight and took the leg back to Rro.
"Alright, here it is, now to attach it." He alined the prosthetic up with the housing system on the leg and prepared for attachment. "Hang on, this gonna hurt real bad. Here... we... GO!" With that he twisted the upper part of the leg and the mechanisms began to attach themselves. Rro didn't say anything, but he felt the leg tense up a bit. When the last clank was heard the foot began to move at the joint, signaling a successful attachment. "Alright, there you go, one fully functional Auto-Mail leg."
Game Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

OOC: Corite ** And post will come a little bit later. Everyone has responded at least once so I can sometime soon.
Continuing down the cracked asphalt rode, he glanced up disgusted at the petty run-down buildings. Trudging along the path, his black boots kicked at the loose rubble and it rolled away toward the trashed sidewalks. Slowly he looked upwards and noticed three, what looked like beggars, approach him. At first he thought that maybe they would pass by, and he would continue walking idly on his way, but that was not to be. They circled him, and started chanting the same words around him, and shoving there cupped hands into his face. Annoyed he pushed one of them away lightly, but it barely interrupted the mindless babbling for Corites. Sighing he just kept on walking, the rugged faces of beggars always breathing into his face. He whipped around angrily and stared at them with his sharp hazel eyes. His hand slithered into his pocket and grasped three Corite Shards for each one and dropped it into their cupped hands.

The beggars' eyes widened in surprise and the scurried off. He then turned back around and continued to walk away, but the small act of kindness turned some heads.

Jolly had caught the cloths and corite, and watched Alkalai disappear into the back. Jolly put on his new cloths, discarding his prison garb. He now had seven corite, dinner would be sweet tonight, no more darn prison food. He saw the mail smith emerge a bit over an hour later, the streets had gotten darker. Alkalai attached the leg, and Jolly winced in pain. Still wasn't used to the feeling of metal and bone twisting and grinding as they folded together.

"Alkalai," Jolly said softly, "Thank you," The new foot was in perfect working order as it thrusted up and forward swiftly pounding the kind mans face. Jolly stood, putting the metal foot into a boot as he watched the man tumble over the counter into the back room. Hearing that the man was still conscious Jolly stepped behind the counter to just go knock the poor soul out really quick so he could escape in peace.

Jolly observed Alkalai's ingeries.

rolled 1d6 and got 4
From GM: 1-broken, nose 2&3-heavily brused, 4&5-hardly brused, 6-basicly uneffected

Alkilai gasped a bit as he was nailed in the face with the metal appendage, sending him rolling back into the back room. He was caught way of guard by the sudden attack, but he had taken many blows to the face, and this one was surprisingly one of the lighter ones, the pain seemed limited to only a small bruise. He regained his composure just in time to see his customer follow him into the back room, presumably to finish the job.
"Oh, so that's how it's gonna be huh?" he said as he began to stand up. As soon as he got his footing he dashed up to Rro and grabbed him, throwing him over his shoulder towards one of his work benches.

rolled 1d6 and got 3
From GM: 1-Badly Injured, 2&3-Heavily Brused, 4&5-Hardly Brused, 6-basically unaffected

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Battle, Fame, and Dark Mysteries (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus