Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Danger among allies (open)

Walther Rimmer (played by Revan)

[security access granted welcome commander]...
[accessing all files... all files confirmed]...
[narrowing search for project Mors]...
Walther begins reading the data and slams his hand down on the console
"Damn it, do we not have any records of the past successful tests, or are failures all we have?"
The computer responds "Searching for successful tests... search complete"
"and?"
"Negative, no results found"
The commander walks away from the console and holds his forehead "what the hell are we doing then? how is this project ever to succeed if our scientists don't even know what they're doing?!" he yells in anger and desperation for an answer as he sits back at the computer and directs it somewhere else
"Computer, have the scientists try mixing in the previous two chemicals used, see if that brings up any good results" he said and the computer confirmed it, Walther then pushed the power button on the computer to shut it off. Just then a knock happens on his door and he exclaims "Doors unlocked come on in" he said a sense of aggravation easily detectable in his voice .
Lydia Wiese (played anonymously)

Lydia opens the door, entering the room and leaning on the door frame "Now, now Commander...they are doing what they can. Have some faith in them. It will take time to get moving properly...This is a joint project after all." In honesty Lydia didn't want to be here and had others breathing down her back as well but getting angry wouldn't help any.

Pulling a chocolate bar from a pocket she opens it and takes a bite before offering it with a big grin "Want some? It'll help I promise. Candy makes everything better. You know I'm right!"
Walther Rimmer (played by Revan) Topic Starter

Walther shakes his head "no i'm good" he says and turns back to the computer "I need to stay focused on getting this project done, otherwise who knows what will happen by the end of the year" he explained typing away at the computers keyboard, several codes appearing on the screen all at once and as soon as Rimmer was done typing them in he sat in his chair "My only concern right now is how this project will turn out, others have been attempted and they all failed and this one needs to succeed"

Shrugging she continues to nibble on the candy "Your loss." listening to his words Lydia shrugs "I have yet to actually get the briefing on the goals of this project. You know more about it then I do. So what's the goal here?"

Tucking the remains of the candy in her pocket as she pushes off the door frame Lydia makes her way over to look at the screen, her head almost resting on Walt's shoulder "You know...this is the first joint development project of any kind, even with in my own forces. Army betters the Army, space forces better space forces. Occasionally one will make a request to another service but they never work together on it."

Walther nods "yeah, well hopefully it will be the only joint project to be done for a good while." he said then started point to certain points on the computer screen "these points are very special areas of the base, or future base once the entire construction is done, they will be sealed away to hide future projects within the base without arousing suspicion of empty facilities and all that, however, the time needed to construct them is a long time so the base will only run on minimal crew for the time being"

Lydia nods "Most likely. Word from back on the homeland want everything finished...and then for me to destroy the new relay gate. Something about not wanting to be threatened by human expansion or war..which is funny as we are a people who enjoy the military and war. I think they just want each side to ignore the other. After all...harder to step on the toes of some one as big as you then to step on those of one smaller." Of course this was actually false. The counsel was enjoying all the pilfered data her people had been sending back and had even sent a second relay gate as a back up.

Looking at the blue prints she nods "There is a reason we like space stations better. Any questions and it's easier to get rid of the one asking them." she made a mental note to request more personnel and weapons to be hidden in the next shipment from home along with the latest bodysuit armor. She didn't trust humans and the counsel agreed.

Walther spun around in his chair and got back up "well when this is all done and over with we're planning on using it as a holding a storage facility that's what all the rooms are for, and keeping it underground with only one entrance makes it even easier to hide and defend" he said heading for the door "Now, if something were to go wrong there is a kill switch in the main control room in the very center of the building in which would destroy the entire base and the person who activated the kill switch" he pointed to himself "so we don't have to waste man power overloading reactors manually"
Fulgore (played anonymously)

The door opened and standing before Walther was the cyborg known as the KI2013 model Fulgore.

Fulgore moved aside and motioned with his hand for the commander to pass by him. He was the latest model Fulgore robot and was hoping to build the trust of those around him by proving that unlike the previous models he was capable of self control

"Greetings commander, I did not mean to block your exit. Please continue at your own leisure sir."
The Fulgore robot stated.

"nope your fine" he said stepping to the side so the cyborg could enter "i'll be in the war room if any of you need me" he said and exited the room
Rro Rogers (played by RoyaleX318)

Rro had been a sky pirate but that seemed like eons ago. He had since worked his way up and become admiral of Core Fleet. His eyes met the Commanders as he entered, "What have you to report Rim?" He was a happy go lucky kind of personality, but this was business and Rimmer was months behind schedule. Admiral Rogers never appeared in person but Rimmer had been the one to catch him back when he was a sky pirate they had known each other for years but that did not excuses him from his job. "I really hope it is something good this time, the counsel is sick and tired of your failures."

Walther stepped onto the Holo Pad "Progress is coming along slower than expected, we need assistance to get it back on schedule otherwise when the Harbingers call upon their first strike we won't be ready, this facility is the only thing standing in their way and its month's behind" he stated pulling up a camera with an outside view of the only opening in the entire unfinished facility "with only one opening it's becoming a problem to get supplies in and out, hence the slow pace"

Admiral Rogers looked at Rimmer, "you think I'd come all the way across the Empty Zone to tell you your a failure?" Rogers sighed looking out the window at all the stars and planets in the distance, "I'm here to supervise, if your division can't pick up pace within this next month your going to be shut down."

The admiral didn't like having to tell his old friend this news but it had been two or three years since they had spoken, "I'm here under council orders and will advise you, I want to keep this place open and I know of the Harbingers." Rro looked the commander in the eye, "but the council needs results, we haven't been attacked in years and if they think you're wasting their time, they will discharge you and send your people home."

"it's not my fault they don't give me enough men!" he said slightly raged now "when they pick up the key as to why all their commanders are gone it's because they don't have the genius to give us more men!" he stated then pulled up the plans "This plan requires well over 300 men to work on it, I only have half that, when they can get the incentive to give me the correct number of men to work on it then i'll reconsider resigning in the first place!"

"You have one hundred and eighty men," Rogers corrected, "each is skilled and able bodied, doctors, soldiers, engineers." The admirals fingers stroked the key board in front of him, his head buried in numbers, "I can probably get you thirty more by the end of next week." Rogers logged out and looked Rimmer in the eyes, "but you WILL be shut down! None of that were working in it, none of the last defense against the bad guys... Results are all the council cares about and your just not providing."

"I'm not providing cause they aren't providing my needs!" He said then rubbed his hand against his forehead in frustration "you can tell them to **** off I'm done with them" he said then unpinned his badge and threw it on the ground "good day" he said then turned the holo pad off and trudged out of the room in frustration

Rogers picked up the badge, "has that man gone insane?" He asked to himself laughing a bit, "I sure hope so." This place had been run by the book for the last three years and nothing has gotten done, no projects finished nothing. Maybe a bit of insanity was needed around here.

Rogers left the room heading down the corridor to the guest officers chambers. He didn't bring much across the Empty Zone but what he did have was unpacked already. He slid his hand into the refrigeration unit, "Rum," Rro smiled, "good ol' reliable rum." He took a sip, not a total waste of a trip.

Fulgore stood directly behind Rro, somehow even with his quarter ton body weight he could move around stealthily. he looked directly at Rro as he drank the rum, Fulgore placed his hand on Rro's shoulder.

"I don't think your allowed to drink that while your working friend."

Fulgores eyes lit up as he stared into Rro's eyes as he scanned information about his life source.

Rro smiled as he reached into his jacket his fingers ran across he fun but this isn't what he wanted, he gripped something with more fire power, "Unless you want to be decommissioned and turned into scrap metal," Admiral Rogers raised his Badge and turned it so the juggernaut could see it, "I would I hand the Admiral of the Lower Empty Rim."

The admiral recognized that some of the crew would be unhappy with his arrival it meant the end of their jobs unless they could pull it together, but threatening an officer this high in rank was punishable by brig time. Fortunately Rro was not a cowardly man, he wasn't the kind of guy to throw people in jail for standing up to him.

"And so you know Article three, sub section eighteen states that if an employee is going to have liquor he must not operate machinery, attend meetings, or continue experiments for at least eight hours." The Admiral lowered his shoulder and turned out of the guy gip, "so I'd suggest you run along before I arrest you for either intruding on an officers quarters, or threatening an officers life."

Fulgore realized now who it was that he was talking to, he was programmed to do his job, Security. The still human brain that he possessed still held onto the pride. Higher ranking or not Fulgore doesn't respond well to anyone believing he didn't complete his duties aboard this vessel.

"Admiral, my apologies I was unaware that you had arrived... Admiral in order for myself to get decommissioned, they would need to stop me." He said pridefully as he showed off his dual plasma claws.

"Admiral there was no threat in my statement, Im just doing my job. Article 12 section 2.37 states Security bots within jurisdiction, Are permitted to apprehend any crew member perceived as a threat to the overall wellbeing of the ship they serve."

With a chuckle Fulgore stated "I suggest you follow the laws just as everyone else on board." The robots eyes started to light up. "Or would you like to spend your visit detained to a confinement chamber?"

The robot was a clever little droid, unwanting to brag or cause any distress to the droid Rro didn't mention the Reverse Battery switch every commander and admiral had to power down all robots, droids, and cyborgs.

It was like a dagger with a trigger, stab the bots core for perminate decomission but just pushing the trigger shut all bots down in a short radius.

Rro smiled, "thanks for the lesson dad, drinking is bad and I'll never ever," the admiral pushed the trigger button on the dagger and watched the security bots eye lights go out. With his mechanical foot he kicked the droid which fell backwards out of his room.

"Ever do it again," Rro pushed the door switch closing the door. He then pressed the lock switch, "I hate hall monitors," and with that he took another swig of rum and turned on the hola-vision. Once he was comfortable he clicked the trigger again, turning the droid on and went back to his program.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Danger among allies (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus