Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Player Profile Icon Bug

I wasn't sure if you (Kim) got my bug report or not so I figured another safe bet to draw some attention would be to start a new topic in the help forums.

It began shortly after I received my Epic Membership from winning a place in the 2014 Art Jumble. I was excited and began to customize my profile page with various color schemes and new effects I had recently learned to make the layout cooler. After a while I managed to find a style that finally fit me... but I ran into a small problem.

capture_by_vgxviiidenovo-d7m36ja.jpg

You see, I am using a resized GIF as my icon. I am not sure what is causing this bug. Ordinarily I have seen pics and gifs resize to fit the area that they inhabit but this one does not. Feel free to take a look for yourself.

Just thought I would bring some attention to this.
Kim Site Admin

I did get your bug report, I just haven't had a chance to write back yet. But since it's now here too, I'll just do it here.

It's a known issue that small icons don't center in certain "border flairs," both on epic user profiles and character templates. It's super duper super low priority to fix right now though; I don't anticipate being able to get to it for at least several months. :(
Sanne Moderator

I can probably fix it for you tomorrow by making the gif 95x95 pixels so it centers nicely. Send me a pm if you'd like that?
Virus Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
...It's super duper super low priority to fix right now...

No worries. I am in no big rush for something so small and trivial, I just wasn't sure if it was a new bug or not.

Thanks again!!!
Kim Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
I can probably fix it for you tomorrow by making the gif 95x95 pixels so it centers nicely. Send me a pm if you'd like that?

As I understand it, it's that small to get the filesize beneath the limit but keep the animation.
Sanne Moderator

Kim wrote:
Sanne wrote:

As I understand it, it's that small to get the filesize beneath the limit but keep the animation.

Yeah but the image is stuck in the upper left corner whcih is what I gathered bothering virus. Increasing canvas size to 95x95 pixels will keep a transparent border around the image but it will center it properly so it's no longer huggin the corner.
Kim Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
Kim wrote:
Sanne wrote:

Yeah but the image is stuck in the upper left corner whcih is what I gathered bothering virus. Increasing canvas size to 95x95 pixels will keep a transparent border around the image but it will center it properly so it's no longer huggin the corner.

ooh, clever workaround!
Sanne Moderator

nlsBhqN.gif

Guess who reduced the 95x95 pixel icon to be under 100kb? :)
Virus Topic Starter

You are amazing. THANK YOU!!! 8D

You are on: Forums » Help » Player Profile Icon Bug

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus