Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Change Connections Status

Kim Site Admin

That's really odd, I can't imagine what's causing that. I wish you were here so I could futz with your phone.
Minerva

woot, whited out again hitting reply. Lol. I dunno. My model is schr355c(st) and sanne seems to know a lot about cells, maybe you can get an answer. samsung. A straight talk serviced phone.
Kim Site Admin

I think Sanne's job has something to do with selling phones, she really does seem to know a lot about them. Thank you for the model name!
Sanne Moderator

I'm going to check out the phone's specs and see if there's anything that can be done. I'll get back to you about it asap. :)
Sanne Moderator

Okay, I did a bit of research but I'm coming mostly empty-handed. GSMarena.com doesn't even know this phone exists, and from what I saw it's a phone specifically created for the carrier TracFone or Straight Talk? The specifications mention that there's a possibility for Email and Internet, but only through the browser itself.

I did notice that the phone has a low data storage if you're not using an extra SD card. Standard there's only 55MB available to store on your phone, which means that the cache and all the other data cannot exceed the 55MB. From the errors you're having, it's likely that this is a problem, unless you expanded your phone with 8, 16 or 32 GB of additional storage space. I don't know if the overal size of pages increased with the upgrade, or if there have been serious changes in the way the page is setup, but your errors sound like they are caused by the lack of space. This can lead to the browser not being able to fully load all the information or process the changes on the page, causing blank-outs or total freezing (data overloading).

The browser itself is manufacturerd by Openwave, version 6.2.3.8 from what I've found online. It supports Bookmarking/Cookies/cache clearing/history, but it doesn't support javascript or i-frames. If Kim searches for Openwave version 6.2.3.8 on Google, a couple of pages will popup with technical info on the browser (click here) which outline the features it does and doesn't support. I had a quick look and a couple of elements the browser doesn't support are used in RPR... Which is probably the issue here. :(

You are on: Forums » Help » Change Connections Status

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus