Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » (Generic Intro Post)

I'm Jimbob Sheppard.
Loren

Hi, welcome to the RP Repository :) The community's great here, you'll find new rp easily! ;D

Also, if you are looking for Roleplay, there's the Find RP Widget and the Looking for RP Forums. There's the Help Page to...ah...help you, if you are new to rping. Lol.

So what kind of genre do you do? :)
Jimbob_Sheppard Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome, and the advice. I've already engaged in one, actually.

As far as what genre I do, I have one character up so far, basically a carbon-copy of a D&D 3.5 character I played once. So that's fantasy.

But I do a lot of tabletop Real-world. everything from D&D to World of Darkness to Warhammer 40k. So I can do just about any genre.

I favor serious, character-driven stuff with lots of dark humor and harsh reality. That said, I can do just about anything and everything. I just enjoy the collaborative/improvisational writing of it all.

I'll be grateful just to escape my terminal GM/DM status and be a character again. Less work, you know.
Loren

Ooh, I see. :) I generally do freestyle fantasy or urban fantasy. I do like historical rps, though XD And I tend to do whimsical/snarky humour and dark reality, too. Most of my characters are insufferably genre-savvy... >:)

By the way, you have one of your characters in Al Morel, right? I already aproved, but it needs three votes :)

I'd qualify World of Darkness as urban fantasy. If we are talking urban fantasy I like it low-fantasy. too much magic in a modern setting breaks my suspension. Shadowrun-type stuff is about as high fantasy as I can go before I start to lose interest. Most of my characters (especially the one I played the most in our WoD games) Is genre-savvy. He just disregards it, taking refuge in audacity.

And yeah, I tried to punch Sir Kafiha into that group. Thanks for the vouch. I was interested in it because it looked like somewhere Kafiha might end up on one of his quests.
Loren

The group's a bit slow, though -.- one of our members is extremely busy now so the rp is, well, on hold O.o
When I rp modern fantasy, I try to make my characters not use their powers "up, up and away" that often. Lol. I don't go on with dragons in central park and all that :)

I'm not very experienced in table top, though XD I'm more...free style. Thing.

The pace is something to get used to. I'm used to face-to-face interaction.

The real reason I prefer low power in modern fantasy is that, honestly, there wouldn't BE dragons in central park. Not in a world of TOW missiles and Antimaterial rifles. Lot of that fantasy stuff would get shot to death the moment it started sprinkling fairy dust. A handgun turns even a regular old farmer into the combat equivalent of a wizard that shoots death rays.

Tabletop is a great way to RP. But it's logistically very difficult, due to real life. Getting your friends together to play a roleplaying game is awesome, but it's also a serious time and travel commitment.

And yeah, I've heard of it. We've been quoting it so far in the thread. lol.
Loren

Lol, you're right. I always tend to add a degree of magical protection to my characters, though, because ...well, wizard magic gets highly overpowered in some rps XD

What racks my nerves in that type of rp is that it makes everyone without magical powers look idiots XD seriously, the vendor who just saw a fairy blast a dog to bits just stands there. Illogically XD

And I've never tried tabletop because of the reasons you stated XD
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Looks like you're already settling in and making friends and finding your way around great. :)

I'm a huge fan of tabletop RP myself, although you're right it can be a bit of a commitment. I find it's a necessary part of staying sane, though. ;)

About the pace of forum RP: If you are lucky enough to get all your players online at once, you can actually turn any forum thread here into a very-nearly-real-time chat by clicking the "Launch Chat" button at the top or bottom of any thread. Works in groups, too! :)

Thank you. And yes, the interface is pretty simple and intuitive.

Thank you for the tips and such. I suppose I'll see you around.
Kim Site Admin

Jimbob_Sheppard wrote:
Thank you. And yes, the interface is pretty simple and intuitive.

Yaaaay! :D
Welcome to RPR! Hope you're enjoying the site so far :)

It's enjoyable. Nice to be back in a text roleplay circuit again.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » (Generic Intro Post)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus