Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Mobile users sound off

Kim Site Admin

Mobile users:

Are you able to see and browse the new site? Does anything not work that was working before? Does tapping widgets add them to your characters?

Although I don't specifically support phones, I do what I can. I'd love to know how the new version is affecting you.
Minerva

well um... I had a whole big response typed out... My screen blinked to what looked like top of page then everything under it was gone. Im... Just gonna wait to type it until im at a real computer, now...
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Minerva wrote:
well um... I had a whole big response typed out... My screen blinked to what looked like top of page then everything under it was gone. Im... Just gonna wait to type it until im at a real computer, now...

Sounds like a good plan. o.O
Sanne Moderator

I immediately checked the site on my cellphone yesterday after the new version went live. Everything looks okay. Just the notifications area is kind of squished and therefore doesn't look right.

Here's a screencap from my phone:

SC20111018-003248.png

The fixed width of the notification clashes with the fixed width of the sidebar.

Character page editing works fine too. It's just that the little thingy that you click on to add widgets doesn't move properly when you scroll with the phone. It gets stuck higher up on the page, whereas on a computer it moves smoothly down to stick to the bottom of the page.

The functionality isn't affected, it's really just a little bit inconvenient.
Bout all I've done so far is check out the site from my phone. Everything site browsing wise seems to be in good working order for me. I'll be hitting the character editor later to check things there...I need to take a break from this danged beastiary for Avalon anyways. Heh.

**Edit** I just now went ahead and checked just to get it out of the way and yes I can add widgets fine. Though for some reason it seems like there's a lot of the old ones missing. I know I seen something about the WoW stats one going bye bye but I still seem to recall there being more. Only ones I seen were Basic Info, Text, Gallery and one other one.
Minerva

Lance, are the left-right buttons not showing on your phone?

Now, I DO want to say my phone is... crap compared to most of the ones in question here. So I really don't expect it to be conformed to work for mine. I can say that I doubt I'm alone in using Google Format to be able to read long stretches of threads, as I know even better phones cut out on them and that lets you continue reading through multiple reformated and simplified pages. For some reason Google is having a bit harder of a time formating it to my phone, so I dunno if it's just MY phone or everyone's. A refresh seems to fix it most of the time though.

The other bugs... I've already reported, and it was odd because while I always had a little trouble logging in (I had to google-format read a thread, hit reply, view directly and THEN log in, rather than using the main screen or it'd keep looping me through), the site otherwise worked okay for me. Last night I had to repeatedly pull my phone battery out because something about the page, when directly viewed (usually when being typed upon, as elsewise I use google format) kept freezing up my phone. I don't know what it is and I don't know what the difference is. I've described most of how it goes to you already, though.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Mobile users sound off

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus