Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello! Im new here& just learning how things work

Hi, my name's Allie :)
I actually found this site on Deviant Art through a friend, so i thought id try it out.
I just wanted to know, what could people tell me about things here? I noticed there isn't really any rping on here but links that direct you to sites, is there no rping on here? I am still yet to make a character, but i would like to find a rp first. I'm currently just exploring the site lol.

But i really miss rping, i play tabletop games with my friends & I'm kind of bored of a current online rp im in now...but if i join something new it may bring me back up to interest. I also have A LOT of characters i like to rp with, not on here but i have a book of them pretty much :P

So i really hope someone on here can tell me a bit more about this site that peeked my interest & hopefully meet some new rp friends :)
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! There are actually places to RP on site, on the General, Fantasy and Sci Fi forums. Not all of these are open and it's usually considered polite to PM the OP of a thread and ask if you can join before just hopping in(Unless it's tagged otherwise of course!) There is also the Looking for RP forum where people post up potential RP ideas and look for RP partners. If you're looking for RP right this second there is also the Find RP tool that only displays prompts from people that have been online in the last 10 minutes :)

Some other helpful links are Getting started and the New to Roleplay sections.

Hope this helps! We're a really friendly community so if you have any other questions please feel free to ask ^_^
darkalliefantasies Topic Starter

Thank you soo much!! I noticed kind of late while browsing that there is in fact Rp on the site :) ! But i didn't find many open ones i was interested in right away, for now im just working on adding some characters & meeting ppl that i can possibly Rp with. :)

If i haven't mentioned yet, im a huge fantasy rper :) i play d&d & pathfinder with friends & i have a lot of fantasy characters to work with ^_^ im actually thinking of adding my d&d characters here since i noticed ppl actually play that here ^_^
Hello!

If you have trouble finding an RP to join, you're always welcome to put out a call as well, whether in Find RP or Looking for RP. Some folks also just post right into one of the RP forums to see what happens.

You may have noticed that there's also a dice function, so if that's you're thing, just mention it while you're looking!

Once again , thank you ^_^

I actually prefer dice rolling games over others when it comes to story built rps & it helps balance things out, especially in combat.
Kim Site Admin

I am also a fantasy of dice-supported RPs these days, but I know it's a less popular opinion amongst the online RP crowd. Which isn't to say that it never happens!

I think there's one more option that hasn't been mentioned yet, which is Groups. Of course these vary enormously, but I've noticed that some of the most serious, long-term and/or systems-based RP gets moved into Groups pretty quick because there they will have space to detail the rules and setting, and have their own forums to support lots of different scenes going on in the same world at once. :)

Please do feel free to ask whatever questions you like!

Thanks Kim :) i have noticed groups and was wondering that about them myself and i like the sounds of them taking to more serious rp :)

I will prob look to join something or even make something myself once im finished my first character on here ^_^
Kim Site Admin

And you're joining just in time to get to see the new group search system when it gets rolled out, which should make finding a group much easier. :)

Indeed :)

I browsed a bunch last night & saved some i was interested in.
Kim Site Admin

Awesome! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello! Im new here& just learning how things work

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus