Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Making "mature" images thumbnailed with warning?

Magica (played anonymously)

Hi everybody :)

I have a suggestion that could help me out of a bit of a pinch if used. Magica is not a sexual character and does not have any sexual information. There is one image I have, a pin-up drawing that shows her breasts. This image is marked mature but because I'm a beekin helper in Furcadia I need to mark her profile as having 'sexual content', or I'll get in trouble for it. But I think it gives a wrong impression of my character as exposed breasts are literally the only thing on the site deserving that mark.

My idea is to give images marked mature a special thumbnail denoting it's got mature content (in this case nonsexual nudity) so the rest of the profile doesn't need the label sexual. What do you think?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

You can do that already, when you upload an image you should see a checkbox to mark the image as mature. :)
Magica (played anonymously) Topic Starter

darth_angelus wrote:
You can do that already, when you upload an image you should see a checkbox to mark the image as mature. :)

I only see this happens with notifications. On the profile it always displays the full image thumbnail regardless of whether it's marked or not
Kim Site Admin

I think the way this is supposed to work is that if you have agreed you want to see mature content, it doesn't hide things, but if you haven't, it does. I just never quite got done with it.

The only issue with this is we need another method of hiding and revealing things for gallery widgets that aren't using thumbnails.
Magica (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
I think the way this is supposed to work is that if you have agreed you want to see mature content, it doesn't hide things, but if you haven't, it does. I just never quite got done with it.

The only issue with this is we need another method of hiding and revealing things for gallery widgets that aren't using thumbnails.

Yes, that's it! :) I'd really like to have "mature" thumbnails in the gallery so that I can ditch the sexuality warning, assuming that guests will see the mature thumbnail

May I suggest changing the thumbnail for mature pictures to have something saying "mature" on it? A monkey face is cute but I'm not sure guests will get that it's a mature picture until it's too late...
Kim Site Admin

You may! I've been struggling to come up with an icon that makes more sense and is in keeping with our other icons. I started with a monkey because I had the whole "See no evil" thing in my mind, but yeah.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Making "mature" images thumbnailed with warning?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus