Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello

misuki

I'm new here
misuki Topic Starter

rolled 10d100 and got a natural 488. After the modifier of +89, got 577
hmm

Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! What sort of RP do you enjoy? Have you run into anything you need help with? :)
Just seeing those boobs makes my back hurt.

But hello!
hello owo me and Misuki are immigrants from facebook RP x.x

rolled 2d12 and got a natural 23. After the modifier of +100, got 123
*random comment level*

Well hi. ^^ I didn't know there was a facebook RP community, but I supposed it isn't really that surprising.
its kinda under attack by FB itelf, im bringing some friends over whom are willing hope you dont mind the new comers we are experianced but in terms of here, the prospects are better than there
Yeah. I'm from Facebook as well. The RP community there is good, however, it isn't as it used to be. People's accounts keep getting bashed and disabled or locked up.
The more the merrier. :)

If any of you need it to get familiar with the basics of this site, we've got a Getting Started Guide. Really, the Help documentation is full of some pretty great info on a lot of things. And you're always welcome to ask if you have questions! (Even if you think the question is stupid. ;) )
thanks, and sure :) we have more people showing up and we hope to rebuild here
These might be of interest to you:

Groups and Guilds

Running a RP Group
owo
Kim Site Admin

Yes, establishing a group to gather all your friends in may be just the ticket!

I was actually aware of the FB (and MySpace) RP communities when I started this site just over four years ago, and anticipated we'd be seeing more social media RP refugees here at some point -- I'm not sure about mySpace, but "pretend" accounts are against FB's ToS and extremely vulnerable to being closed, disabled and otherwise attacked. Hopefully, we'll be the perfect answer to that, as we are basically the exact opposite. ;)

Anywho, welcome to all of you, and please don't hesitate to ask questions if you run into confusions or problems. Always happy to help! :)
well i made a group but managing it ill need to work on as it seems to be different than FB RP groups owo but yes i had that idea, n i know some of the things but other aspects ill be working on owo

http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=973

still working on it but its a start here but its a chance for a new home :)

yeah refugees will be more likely if this place gets some recognition in the FB community as FB does 'nuke' sessions periodically we have terms we grew over there so we make have different phrases etc o.o n emotes XD
Yea well, don't expect a lot of the people coming from FB to actually role play with a story. They mostly are slack jaws, and cant even come up with a form of a story to actually grasp the role players fancy. Its frustrating to someone who has an over reacting imagination and can come up with something three times better then a couple of sentences most of the slack jaws on FB can ever do in a couple of hours or under half an hour.
specter can you please drop your elitism for a moment, actually i know many that do what are your "slackjawed" n "1-liners" that make things actually better than what you pump out periodically dont judge too quickly not every great roleplayer is a para grammar genius, and your elitism over anime based RP is rather rude aswell, dont go gunning off here like you do on facebook please, i started one-lining during the great clan wars of 06-07 on facebook as CC before i jumped into Para with Lulu controling mass "pets" n minions against others. everyone starts somewhere and FB just accumulates new RPers due to everyone has atleast 1 in their lists that exposed them
changing away from an argument infront of Kim n co may i ask how we would employ the dice roll in RP i havent played DnD in a long time and i have been expirementing in PM with it but creating sets using the rolls are becoming troubling,on facebook fighting has rules n is mostly logic based, if i hadnt lost my characters i would share some snippets of fights i have had as examples of differences here, i have yet to search the site completely as i have been helping my friends crossing over make sense of some if whats here
Kim Site Admin

Bravo on starting a group, LilithSamael! You may want to add a forum to it as your next step, so that your new members have a place to play. :)

The dice are optional -- you may use any system you please to do your RPs, although we do of course recommend that you clearly define and post the rules somewhere everywhere in the RP can see, just to avoid confusion (pne of the pages of your group is perfection!) That means of course that you could decide to use your old FB rules just as you had them, you could update them to work differently for our different forums, or you could pick up something like D&D or Pathfinder and adopt their rules.

However, if you're used to a dice-less style, but feeling like you may want to use dice sparingly as tie-breakers or randomizers for interest, here's a primer on dice for the normally diceless: http://www.rprepository.com/help/dice-primer

@Specter159 -- As much as I understand the frustration of wanting a more consistent continuity in a RP, "persona play" (RP Where the story doesn't "stick" between sessions) is a valid, low-pressure way for people to dip their toes into the pool. It doesn't make them dumb, nor does it mean that they can't graduate to more serious RP eventually should they have time, energy and interest. Being called a slackjaw will almost certainly repel them from wanting to try heavier-duty RP, though. Moreover, calling people names on our forums will get you in trouble with the mods pretty quickly, so please do take care how you speak to or about people. :)

This is why we so recommend defining the rules for a RP before it begins -- if half the people want a long-term high-consequences RP and the other half want to play light-hearted short-term scenes, things break down quickly. A group might solve this by having two different forums with two different sets of rules, or they might choose to split into two groups. :)
ill be sure to analyze some rules and put them in the group, thing with FB RP everyone used the same rules all over, just was who followed god modders etc pardon for the mention if its a insult i dont intend it to be, but as for forums i may need some help and theres issues with some RPers is non cross compatibility n a small "ideal" of "if its not part of my universe it has no bearing on my things. . ." some people and one present have this idea and im curious how some of the veteran members here would react to us joining n requesting to join us while we make acquatinces here and there like i have you
Kim Site Admin

You're unlikely to get in trouble for the mere mention of god moders. We've got a few articles on them, even! :)

We're a very friendly community, and sort of a "blended family" in that there are tons of people here that came from different games or sites, or still play those different games but use the RPR as a supplement. So just so long as you have an open mind about learning how other people play, and the patience to explain how you like to play, and are willing to be flexible if you choose to join someone else's group (where they may have defined different rules than you are used to!), you should get along great. :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus