Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Halo: The Shadow of truth.

Commander Daniel Ort (played by Specter159)

Marines on ground were repelling covenant invaders from one of the main bases. Atlas was one of the four primary bases that was every built on Casra-II. There was three others which includes Concord, Loki, and Odin. Super heated plasma was streaking over head, barely passing the marines over their entrenched positions. Two tanks were rolling behind them, each of them having different sized cannons. A T-103 tank, bulky, huge, and can punch a hole into a phantom and or Seraph fighter with one shot of its 308mm cannon. And a T-46-II, with its clip fed cannon, it can clear enemy ground forces out and heavy armor with little to no problems. The T-103 fired its first shot, striking a squad of Zealots trying to advance. The shell dug into the ground a couple of feet, kicking up dirt, rock, and other sorted debris. And the Zealot's bodies were scattered around the field. The marines in the trench ducked, making sure they're safe from the T-46-II crossing over the trench. Its quad pair of treads ground to a halt in front of the trench, and opened fire on a wraith approaching their position. Six rounds were shot from the tank, and landed with authority on the enemy armor. Punching six holes straight through the back, causing the wraith to explode into a blue fire ball. And behind the wreckage, grunts bodies were starting to fly as the shells detonated behind the wraith.

Mean while planet side, Shadow Breakers first fleet were engaged by the covenant's CCS's class carriers. The first fleet retorted, and the Ultimax, a super destroyer that stretched far beyond what the UNSC Infinity was, fired its Super MAC. Ripping a giant hole into the carrier, and sent it floating lifeless. The flag ship, Shadow of Intent, fired its own MAC cannon into a covenant Corvette. And the marines in the hanger bay held their ground as the ship shook violently from the massive recoil. After the shock subsided, the marines would then mount up into six Oracle drop ships. And then was sent down to Casra-II to aid ground forces.

[comm] "I want all Federation class frigates to give supporting fire for drop ships in rout ground side. I don't want to see any of my ships destroyed when shipping reinforcements. Second fleet will be exiting slip space in less then five minutes, and the covenant will be out numbered 3:1." I grabbed my SB-ACR-901 off the commanders chair, loading up with standard rounds before making my way down to the hanger bay. Six Specters, whom are a far better variant of Spartan's, were waiting near drop pods. One Specter held in his hands a L-96-X, and he looked into my black visor. A rookie that passed regulations of becoming a Specter, and was about to be sent down with a legend. One of ten Phantom's that were announced hyper lethal within Shadow Breaker. "Take deep breath's son, and keep a keen eye on targets that poses more of a threat to our men then small units. Don't lose your focus, we don't want to lose anyone else." I said to the rookie, placing my hand onto his shoulder before looking at the rest of my squad. Everyone else was seasoned, and battle worn. Some had scars to tell the others in the mess. And one cheated death over six times, and still has waited to stare down death before him.

"To be honest sir, this is my first time fighting covies. I've never thought of doing it now, not after what the insurrection's did to my home planet." the rook said, and he knew that I would pick up on his nervousness. I looked over to see a T-46-I ready for transport, and I motioned over the pilot to get ready.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just stay low, and keep a low profile. We'll make sure to keep you safe, and you'll be able to come back in one piece." I assured the rook, and I've noticed that he was feeling less nervous. Having the Commander fight by his side might have something to do with it. But all in all, this is another field run for me. The side hatch on the Oracle opened, and we began to pile inside the drop ship. I sat next to the door, the rook sat on the far end. Jackson, sat on the left of the rook. Griffin would sit on the right of the rook. Tania would sit in front of Griffin, and Dom would sit next to Tania. I closed the door behind Dom, and tapped the back of the cockpit. "Punch it."

"Aye Commander, buckle up good cause this will be a bumpy ride." The pilot would ignite the engines, and the Oracle thrived to life. The after burner's began to heat up, and the flaps were brought down. The pilot would then bring the stick up, and the drop ship would ascend inside the hanger bay. He would then punch the thrusters, and the ship would then take off from the Shadow of Intent. A second drop ship was tailing them, and it was carrying a cargo of three Specter's and a T-46-I. "We're away, and we'll hit the planet's atmosphere around five minutes."

"Good enough for me. Alright men, once on ground we'll need to support the marines as best we can. We need to push the covenant north away from Atlas, and set up a Forward Operation's Base in the town of Pazra. There, we will need to hold out for reinforcement to reach Pazra, and set up artillery for fire missions. Our objectives after the FOB is built. We need to find a possible lead on a covenant Sanghili general named Rel'Savlok. He's responsible for nuking Concord around 21:45. That is when we lost connection with Shadow Marshal's on ground. Once we find what happen to the Marshal's, we find Savlok. Do I make myself clear?"

"Houra!" They would all shout out, cocking back their weapons to load a round in the chamber's. I kept my eye on the rookie, seeing that he was holding a picture of his family in his left hand. I placed my ACR-901 on my back, locking it in place with the magnetic fields that can only lock weapons in place.

"Don't worry rook, we'll make sure your family did not die in vain. I just want you to be level headed on the battle front okay? I don't want any hiccup's when we're being engaged."

"Don't worry Commander, I'll make sure my emotions will stay locked up in the back of my head." He said with a dead monotone voice, placing the picture into a pouch on his chest plate. Five minutes has passed, and the two drop ships has broke through the atmosphere. The second ship was heading down to the T-103, and dropped the T-46-I with the three Specter on top of it. Each of the Specter's quickly went into the tank, and began to roll with the other two tanks. Our ship has touched down behind the trench, and everyone dismounted first, and I followed behind. "Alright men! Stay close and watch your fields of fire!"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Halo: The Shadow of truth.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus