Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Skyra's Icon

A little earlier I uploaded a new icon for my character Skyra for a certain part of the RP, but eventually I come back about an hour later and the link is dead, so I reuploaded it. ...But I'm also wondering if a mod just didn't delete it. I notice there's a rule that says "Keep images PG-13" and I am wondering if his current image isn't too graphic, and it got deleted by a mod.
Sanne Moderator

When your icon gets deleted by a moderator, you always get a PM notifying you that they did. So if your inbox is empty, chances are there was just an error. Your browser may have cached it improperly, your connection may have timed out - there are numerous reasons why this can happen. :)

I don't see anything on Skyra's icon that violates the rating guidelines. Generally, icons are only deleted if they contain nipples or genitals, excessive blood or violence or swear words. I think it's fine, but a moderator will let you know if it's not.
Skyra Ravul (played by MugoUrth) Topic Starter

Okay. No I did not get a PM.

BTW, this is his icon. It shows a huge scar he got the day he lost his eyes. The scar is still there. The icon is temporary though.
Sanne Moderator

Skyra Ravul wrote:
Okay. No I did not get a PM.

BTW, this is his icon. It shows a huge scar he got the day he lost his eyes. The scar is still there. The icon is temporary though.

I saw it. Like I said, I don't believe a scar as depicted falls within the reasons why icons get deleted. :) And if you didn't get a PM a mod didn't remove it, so I want to confirm I think it was just a technical error and it's been fixed!
Kim Site Admin

If you were able to see the icon in place without trouble after first uploading it, I'm guessing that the broken image was the result of a temporary download/connection issue that caused you to receive an impartial version of the file. It probably would have resolved itself.

Sanne is correct that you would have received a message letting you know what's up if a mod were involved -- you also would not have seen a broken image icon! If a mod resets a character's icon, it just goes back to the default question mark image. We don't leave users stuck with broken images even if we have to remove something! :)

You are on: Forums » Help » Skyra's Icon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus