Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Aliens seeking high sci-fi on the fly! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

HwoThumb

Hi, I'm looking for a good science-fiction RP for a few of my characters. It can be 1 on 1 or in a group, I'm fine with either, but I'd like to RP with somebody who can reply often. I end up in a lot of RPs with people who take a few days to reply. I don't mind waiting, but I'm on pretty often, so I'd like to keep the story rolling.

I have 2 alien characters, both with their own lore and optional companion charries, and I'd like to RP with anyone interested.

My main character is Kiri Tadis: A bail agent working for the government. Works with a partner, a hitman turned bounty hunter, Yale "Greks" Greskel. Resourceful and witty, but dangerous. Not skilled in combat, preferring to outsmart her enemies. Can be adapted into lots of RP settings. (Preferred character)

An optional alt is Antero Beaky: A disgraced captain of a police vessel, seeking a cure for his terminally ill and freakishly intelligent daughter. Because the circumstances surrounding him are a bit complicated, an RP with him will be a bit more rigid, but still interesting.

If either of those characters sound interesting, let me know so we can discuss what kind of story to tell.
I am always intrigued by sci-fi, and after a hiatus on the site, I could do with some rp :)

My main characters for Sci-fi are either Xiara, an experienced caretaker of an obscure group of monk-like spies known as the Serpentines who work for the good of their home planet. Then there's Advunturion, an inorganic machine-like being who simply wanders the galaxy in search of conflict and action to fuel his own morbid need for adventure.

I hope either of these two characters interests you. I don't have much going on so I'd be online quite often as well.
Feel free to hit me up!!! I can work with both characters and do both types of RPs and I reply at least once a day if not more.

Send me a PM if your interested and then I'll send a list of all my Sci-fi characters, I am open for any setting or genre. I can even help with bouncing ideas!!!
HwoThumb Topic Starter

Alright, what about something with the 3 of us?
Quote:
In a high-tech future, amateur bounty hunters Kiri Tadis and Yale Greskel are on the tail of a dangerous fugitive; A deceptively harmless-looking serial killer named Dako Escala. After Advunturion nearly becomes Escala's next victim, they team up with (Virus' character) to take down the criminal.

However, all is not as it seems, and someone else is hunting Escala as well. Someone a great deal more powerful than any of the four adventurers could have expected.

Sound interesting?
I suppose it could work, but I don't really view Advunturion as being a naive sort of character. I've always thought of him as a bit capricious and calculating.
I'm game! I can give one of my more recent characters a test run. Varian the Humanoid-Ooze alien.

Just get us started and I'll toss Varian in.
HwoThumb Topic Starter

Oh, being targeted by a serial killer doesn't make him naive, just unlucky.

Although, reading over his character sheet, one of your other characters might work better. I don't know how we'd justify him joining Kiri.

In any case, I'm trying to come up with a non-contrived way to pull everyone into this, so I need to know the jobs/personalities of the characters you will be playing, so we can find a way to stick them all in a spaceship on the tail of serial killer.
I'd say that Xiara would be better fitting, because he's more of a good aligned character, unlike Advunturion who's completely neutral. Does using Xiara look any better in the RP?
Varian is a sort of "go-with-the-flow" kind of character that means well but can rub a person wrong every easily if they are used to a more serious person. Quick to point out the obvious and not the brightest one but he does know his way around in a battle or when someone needs something that is hard to obtain.

His profile is right here.
I have a scifi type character i could use. I just dont have a profile up for her yet
LauraCullen wrote:
I have a scifi type character i could use. I just dont have a profile up for her yet

I wonder why. Because I have both the bios and you still have not put them up yet?
And if you are looking for some sci-fi action with people. I'll be more then interested in joining. I have two sci-fi characters that are connected to the military... in another game. Sort to speak.
No those ones. I have one of my own that doesnt relate to Halo
Funny how I haven't seen that yet. But back to this post. Yes I will be interested in role playing with a new face ^-^
HwoThumb Topic Starter

I think I'll start with Haddock and Virus, because playing GM is a little trickier for me, and running more than one is even more so. But if either of you two want to host a story, I'll join as a player.

On that note, I'm posting a starter, but it can be edited if either of you guys want something changed. I don't know how you want Varian included, but I stuck Xiara in something of a bad spot. Maybe Varian can break him out.

Link here
I do have a starter up that me and my one friend has been going at it with the role play. I will read over your starter, and maybe jump in as my human character. (I only do human characters because they are more easy to maintain and can vary from different strength's and abilities.)
HwoThumb wrote:
I think I'll start with Haddock and Virus, because playing GM is a little trickier for me, and running more than one is even more so. But if either of you two want to host a story, I'll join as a player.

On that note, I'm posting a starter, but it can be edited if either of you guys want something changed. I don't know how you want Varian included, but I stuck Xiara in something of a bad spot. Maybe Varian can break him out.

Link here

I just read the starter, really really awesome. Its rare to see someone role playing a fur in sci-fi. I commend you on your valiant effort on doing so. Though, if I do join your role play, I fear that my character would be... how to say... unfair to the circumstances to what your character has put another in... heh.. crud.
HwoThumb Topic Starter

The RP I just started is only for Virus and Haddox, sorry. That puts the total main characters at four, which is on the verge of crowded. I don't know how we'd justify your character being in it.

However, I'd still like to RP with you. Can you send me a link to the one you're talking about?

Also, I'm not sure who you're referring to when you mention furries. Kiri is an alien without a scrap of fur on her. I guess you could consider Yale and Dako furries, but I don't. (I've actually seen lots of anthro charries on this site, though you're right in that not too many of them do sci-fi.)
I don't know how to link my forum into this XD crap! I am still new to this place and sorry if I offended you when I said furry. But I did read your role play. And off the tip of my head I knew that its not the place for my human commander. But if you didn't have a cap on how much chara's were to enter your role play, I would try my best to fit in.
HwoThumb Topic Starter

Not offended, just curious as to how you drew that conclusion. This site, like most forums, uses bbcode, which means you can create a link using this code:

Code:
[url=(Insert url here)]text[/url]

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Aliens seeking high sci-fi on the fly! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus