Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » OP //vs// OP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Tertius (played anonymously)

((Looking for someone who thinks they can challenge and bring down this wicked shell of a man who perverses the purity of light based magics for his own delight and humor. He is magical himself but he isn't picky about who challenges him, this will be a non-stop battle of the wits and skills. Someone may even die...))

a͖̱͉̳̼̮͍̠̫̭̮N͚̪̠̝̺Y͈̹̰̖͓͓̗̫͕͖̜͙̫͍̠ ͇͇̪̳̫̰͓͇͈͈T̹͓̻͖̪͇͕͖̼̮̦͍a͕͇̻͉̲̬̜͚̗̫̺̖̘̞K̮̱̬͎̣̫̖͇̯͍͚̫̙͉̗͕̩ͅḙ͇͎͈͈̮͚͙̼̬̲͎̠̩͇̪R̻̩͎̯S͙̰̜͚̪?͖̞̤̗̞
Solaris (played by LordFantastic)

Solaris's unholy power accepts your challenge
Tertius (played anonymously) Topic Starter

J̬͔̖̳͋͌̊͒ͭ͂̈o̻͙̱̖͓͈̺̞̭̗͍͍̫̔̿̉̂͒ì̟̭̖̝̻̜̌́̊͛͐͑̊̇ͨ͑̽̄̀̾̒͛ͭ̾N̼̺͉̤̲̰̞̖͕̣͆ͪ̔̊͗̈́̏̍̍͋ͧ̇̽́̿ ͍͉̙̣͓̝̬̲̬͔̜̹̲ͬͮ͂̒͂Ḿ͕̳̼̩̰̼̎̾͊̎̏ḛ͕̯͈͔̠̻̪͕̱͙͖̩̳͎̹͓̍͂̂͑̿̒̊̃ͨͫ̊ͤͥ̚ ̠̳̩͎̱̒ͭ̓̾̇̐̓͛̒͑̓H̜̥̥̫͉̖̭͔̝̜̼ͪ͊ͬͨ͌̀̇ͪͨ̽ͧ̃ͤ͊͋͊͊ͪͫͅe̹͕̜͔̺̩͙̞̜̘̬̜̩͍̟̠͎ͭͥ̏̓ͭ͛R̯͇̦͎ͧ͐̎ͯͯḙ͕̰̠̰̠͈ͪ̒͆͌͌̈́̚ͅ.̮͎͎͈͐ͬ͌ͫͣ̓̚.̲̜̺̦̮̖̻̜͖̜͉̗͊̂̓͒ͦ͒̊̂ͦ.̯͚͓̻̺̙̐ͩͦ̔̀͋́̏͑̌͋̐̒ͮͨ ͉̩̟͖͉̯̞̯͔ͨ͌̈̓̅ǐ͚̱̬͍̲͔͚̮̼̱̰̄ͪͥͮͯͮ̈ͩ ̟̱̻̭͇̝̘̫̟̾̓ͯͤ͋L͚̮͕̱̳̲̙͍̭̫̺̺͇̺̻͒̊̏ͪ̓̾̿͋̏o͉̺̫͍͎ͪ̔͗͂͛͆͑́͛̽͑ͨͯ͛̃ͥͭͨ͋o̳̫̮͖͙̖̠̟͙̜͚̳̳̊̃͊̈̆̇̒ͨ͆͂́ͯͨ̓̋͗̚K̯͖̰̳̖̳͉̙̳͍͈̘̟̑͛̃̔ͭͥ̈̄ͥͣ͊ͤͥͮ̈́͑̐ ͎̼͇̦̜̬͎̗͔̠͙̮̣̬̈́̌̓̆͒̅͆̀̿ͭͧͮ̌̀̏ͦ̉F̥̭̞̘͙͎̬̱͎̱̟͓̱̫͕ͪ̎̎́ͮ̽̚o̭̩̥̠͍͔̘̰͔̯̲̩̦̞̰̖̗͓̔ͧ̒̿ͨͨͥ̅ͨͫ̽̃̑R͕͔͚̱͇̳̹͙̙̹ͫ̒͌̿̐͂̍ͬͫ̈́͌͋ͧ͋ͤ̇̽̈̇W̳̼̟̯̪̲̟̭̥̬̬͕̗̫̳̄̆̆ͩ̊̅̏â̱̤͈͚̲̥̽̒̄͐ͤ͌̌R͍̼̲̠͇̠͔̣̗̲̣̳̭͉̼̗̮͐̂̆̔̈̏̌͑̈́͆̊ͨ̍͂̐ͅͅD͎̰̫͍̻͚̯̤͇̲̜͉͉̲̺̀ͯ̍ͦ̈́̂̉̄̓ͥ̉͂ͦ̄ͣ̄ ̙̱̠̹͍͔̜̗͔̺͈̮̙͔̙̩͑ͫ̒͒ͬ͌̽͐ͫͧͧͥ͆T̺͚̟̻͇̙̟̺̄ͬ̆̍̎ͩ̑͂ͪ͌̂ͫ̋ͧ̿o͙͚̩̔̈́́̊́̊͑̈́̏ͣ̔ͧ̓̑ ̜̰̻̤̗̏̒̍̌ͬ͊͆͛̌̓͑̾o̺̥̱͓̰̩̠͎̠̤͓̙ͥͩ͆́̍̇̅͑̇̐ͭ́͛̽ͩ͛̚̚u̱̭̤͈̻̠̠͓͕̬̱͚ͪ͋ͧ̇ͅŘ͉̻̹͔̣̝̳̼̲̮̦̬̿ͥ̅̾̂̄ͫͅͅ ̰̪̘̯̤̣̎̀͆̀̐̉͗̂͒ͅB͎̯͈͖̠̥̻͔̤͔̙̹̫͐ͫ̎̐ͥ͌ͬ̄ͦ̑̾͊ͣ̑͊a͔̖̜̝̭ͣ̈ͭ͌̈̆ͨ͛͌̐T͔̖͓̰̺̮͍͚͕̝̬͔̣̩͖̬̀ͣ̃̓͋̑̾͑͂Ṱ̖̙̘͙̣̂̾̏̃ͪ̏̍̓͗̌͋L͙̗̹̖̼̪̭̤͓͎̈́ͦ̂ͦ͊̅ͅe̘͖̼̞͕̟͚̫͚͚̝̹̭̓̊̿̽!̙̲̖͈̙̱̙͙̟̜̦̺̭̩͍̘̭̖̜́ͥ̉̀̔̈́̾̈ͣ̅̎͋

I will but sadly I must sleep soon and it will take me some time to post but I will get there

PS how do you do those cool ladders ?

D͇͚o͔̦̻̙̖͙Ṋ̩͚͇̭̗͔'̺̯͙̺T̠͕̥̼̲ ̝̘̙̲T̖͖͚̤̞̻̮a̺̥͖̦̼̲K͖̯̘e͖̦͕͙͉̞ ̗̯̭T̼͙̳̻͕̟ͅo̤͍̗o̖̙͉͙ ͚̜̜͍͉̥L͖̖͔̰̼o͚̱̝N̳͇͚̠̣G̗̪͓̦̩.̭̭̫̪̟̗ͅ..͙͎͔ i̭̞͕͚͈̱̼'̟L̻̟͓̥̩̬͖L ̞͇̞̲͖̞aLWay̖S̮̻ ̰͎͍̻͍̻F̹̫̮̪͕̭̩i͓̣̣͉͕N̹̲̦̮̼̫̖D̩ ͅY̜̝̥o̥̺̲̙̗̻̺u̝̞.̯̞.̖.͕̣̙̥̠̼̼

((Here, also just as a heads up Tertius sort of has a mind and personality of his own when I write for him. Don't take anything he says as something that I say, he's crafty at mind games like that...))

I am sorry it took so long I was out of town for 2 days and one night

((I'm afraid the shoes may be swapping feet pretty soon here. I am moving tomorrow and won't be able to regularly reply until the weekend. Go ahead and post and I will try to respond as time permits.))

i̠̙̤̣̭̼̺̙͎̮̥̮̘ͅͅ'̖͍̼͍̟̫̪̫̥͙͙̞̜͍̦M̪̪͕̜͇͚̮̖͔̙ ̦̭̬̙̼̳͕̦̞̙̖̬̻̩͚͕͚̺W̲̫͓̩̪͓̲̞̮̺a̙̙͓̳̳̙ͅi̺̫̼̞̮̯̝̺̬͖͕̟̩̼͚ͅT͈͔̖̥̮͈͓͕i̻͉̖̭̫̖͚̩͉̬̪̙̗͇͕͓͙ͅN͙̥̣̜͚̹̦̼͇̮̜̪̰̦͇̣G͈̼̮͈̜͚̻̳̹̘̗̝̳̤ͅ.̮̼͍͕͇̮̱͎̣̣̩̘̫̥̻.̰͉̺̗̲̞̙̭̹̥̹̩ͅ.͕͕̞̩̝͚͈̗̝̬̭
I'm curious at what point you consider something to be OP. Does it have to be obvious and unquestionable? I try to keep my characters reasonable, but I still sometimes worry about some being OP.

((I would consider OP to be among things like never EVER dying, erasing things from existence, able to be omni- anything (-present, -potent, -scient), able to time travel with no repercussions, able to destroy entire worlds with the flick of the wrist. Basically able to get out of any situation or solve any problem without really trying.

Tertius for example is not able to die because his soul is no longer in his body, he has such a vast array of spells that take very little casting time, he courts danger and always seems to come out on top. Or at least is able to escape and try again later. So I personally consider him OP because he has no definable limits. But my views may differ from other peoples opinions.))

e̺N̬̝o̰̞u̻G̗̲H̬̱̖̙͖ͅ ̻P̦͎R̬͍̗̼aT͓̗̱͈ͅT̰̹͕͔ͅLi̘̭̯̼̣̼N̥̮ͅG͓ ͔P͇L̞a̞͎͉͈̥ͅy̠̭͉ͅe̺̗̮̱R̩͍.͚̞̹͖.̞̦.͙̙̬ ̜̲̱͙̜̱i̖̝̖ ̘̮̲̩̙Ṋe̳e̤͓D͇͖̮ͅ ̥͙̺̫̞̹T̫̦͚o̗͙̲ T̲̮̻̰̖ḙS̗T̻̗͈̦͚̩̼ ̩M̬͍̦̞̠̩y̝̰͙ ̼̼͚̤̮̣L̪̝͙̦̜̘̖i̩͕̱̝͈̤̜M͎͚i͚͖T͓̠S̳̹!

̖̜̰̝i͍͙͉'̺̻̩̫M S̯͔͓͈͚T̝͓͍̱i̞L̖͙͚̖L͓̫͕̮ ͓̣̜̳͚W̖͙̗͕a͉̪̥̪i̝̺̝T̰͍̪i̞̝̘̮̩̣̲N̝̩̯̜̞G̮̪̻̮͉,̰̱̜̫̩ͅ ̜̤̻̥͖S͕̫͚͓͎o̗̤La̻͚̮̳̯̬R̯̙̲͍i͉̘͚̩ͅS̤̭̻̗̹͇͉.̳̟̙̪̠͓.͓̬̱.̤͓̱̤̥͚
I both do and don't want to try. >.> In part, I'm a bit embarrassed that I can even speak up.

But...

Prior to her recent psuedo-death, Nashyll was an all-consuming freak who was basically living chemistry/alchemy. Novalyyn lives in a dreamworld that she has complete control over, has various ancient, mostly magical artifacts in the waking world, and can dimension-hop (though not very well). Jackson has no particular limits defined. And although She isn't posted, I have a soul-devouring devine being that was created as a godmod counter.

<.<

((I would say that the soul-devouring divine being would cont as OP in most settings.

Novalyyn would be somewhat OP, but only as long as the story take place in that dreamworld of hers and as long as any visitors haven't mastered how to manipulate dreams.

Nashyll would be OP if she was put up against characters that have no energy or magic based defenses.

All in all I could see Tertius going up against any one of these characters.))
Well... I don't really want to bring She in. ^^; And I've got Novalyyn pretty well restricted in her existence, plus she's mostly a pacifist.

Which would leave pre-suicide Nashyll and the as-yet completely untested Jackson.

~̮̳͚̥̺̼͉̯͚͔̙̱̼͓̘̼ͤ̈̓ͬ̍̎ͪ̆͋̄ͭͪͦ͋̏̋ͅR̹͉͖̜̼̗̳̪̯̂̓͆̇͛̄͒͊ͮ͌ȅ̹͉̦̱̟̼̹̯̌͋̏̏ͫ̆̓̂̏ͩͅă͈̮̖͓͍͍̥̺̮̹̮̻ͦ̋͒̎͊̚ͅD͖̗͓̠͚͈͛̌͌͑̽͛ͣ̎̚y̮͓͕̱͚͖̮̮̬̞̎ͤ̏ͯ̉̀͂̅̀̌̈́̅̈́́͑͂̎ͬ̚ͅͅ ͕͎̜̣̼̠̖͙̠͉͔͙͕̞̗̦̇͒̀͌̆̀̾ͮ̿̄̌̿̾̿̂͆W̜͔͚̦̜̟̯ͦ̍ͦͧ̒ͨ͛̉ͩ͛ͪ͛ͣ͐́ͤͣͤ̀H̱̯̯̺̤͕͔̜̤̟ͨ͛̒e̤̝̘̮̫͕̣̠͖̖͙̓ͬ͌͆̋N̗̱̜̣̗͚̯̞̬̜̬̝̫͌̓͌̔̐ͬ͂̂͊̐ͪ ̝͔̤͙̜̘̳̝̱̟͍̤̋̆̈́͂̈́̆̎͂ͬͤ̅͑ͨ̏T̝͔̰̹̼̙̯͚͓̞͖̺͎̾̎̐ͮͦ̋ͧ͆̈͛͌ͯ̓̎͐ͅH̲̹̭̭͖͚͚͔̆ͯ̍ͫͬͤͅe̠̠̫̺̯̙͇̲͖͗ͧͯ͊̋ͧͥͤͫ̊̄̓̀̏ͮ̇͊ͨ̈́ͅY̙͕̝̻͓̘̮͓̦͔͇̮̬̓̄̇ͣ͛̂ ̼͈̥̻̹͕̜̳͎̹͍̪͙̮̿ͣ͋̊̍a̝͇̼̖̗̖̐͋̒ͮ̃̾ͩ̒R̰̩̹̮͖͍̻̱͙̺͉̹̣̗̺̯̱͖ͥ̽͑̓ͬ̀̑̏̆̔̉e͚̱̜̞̗̰͈̳̼̦̩͔̼̒̇̓ͩͨͦ̎ͫ͛̂̋̅ͤ̑ͭͧ̈ͭ.̦̳̮̳̟͍͔ͤ̇̐ͥ̓̂̊͒̽̑̔ͪ̊̄ͣͦͅͅ.̟̜̰̳̖̟͓̉̃͌́͂̏̎̑ͭ̆ͅ.̙̹̞͚̪͕͕̞ͪ̄͒ͮͮ̾̑ͧ̚

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » OP //vs// OP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus