Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Christmas Season Games

Minerva

So... there's a whole bunch of great games coming out around now. Like, Gears of War 3 came out recently, Arkham Asylum just released, and there's a giant set of other big games coming out before Christmas. What are the ones you're looking forward to?

I've already got Skyrim paid off and that's the one I'm looking forward to most, as hinted by another thread around here. But I'm also eager to see about Assassins Creed. I just don't think I'll be able to afford it right away.";
Darth_Angelus Moderator

The Old Republic and maybe Sword of the Stars 2.

I'm thinking about the new Batman game, although I never did get around to finishing the first.

The game I'm looking forward to most of all is Mass Effect 3 but sadly, not until March.
Minerva Topic Starter

Sword of the Stars? Don't think I've heard of that one. What's it about? What system? When does it release?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

It's a turn based space empire building game. Not really a major release but I've been a fan of these types of games since playing Master of Orion as a kid.

It's PC only.
Minerva Topic Starter

Huh, I'll have to look into that.

Like I've said, I work in game retail. I know a lot about the big titles coming out, and tend to know about my personal interests, but I like to learn about the smaller scale games that I can appeal to cult audiences with that come into the shop. So... that's great, actually.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That makes sense. I've played the first game (although not as much as I'd have liked) and it was rather fun.
I try not to look at games...then I get all sad because I can't afford/don't have time to play them.

But OH MAN I want Skyward Sword so bad. I love Zelda! I want it with the gold wiimote too, that thing is awesome!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Christmas Season Games

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus