Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Newb Alert

Hello roleplayers :D

I joined this site in the hopes I can find a few fun roleplays :) I used to be active on Iwaku roleplay but then things kinda went dead for me. I am hoping to get back into the swing of roleplaying on a new site :D

I am still trying to figure out how this site works, (I am not sure where the actual roleplaying takes place or how to find people/groups to join) but I hope to figure it out soon.

I only have one character up right now but I have a few other character bunnies in my head I want to write out :) I am alright with violence and language but I am not interested in sexual roleplays. If anyone reading this has an ongoing roleplay link it so I can check it out!
Welcome! I'd say that the number one place to check out for info is here. The General, Fantasy, and Scifi boards are for RP, and there's also groups and PMs. :)

What sorts of RPs do you tend toward?
Ghas Topic Starter

Oh, I see now. I guess I got a little confused because there is a find roleplay tab up front as well as a find a roleplay forum. I get it now though :) (mostly).

I am not quite sure what you mean by sorts of roleplays, as far as format goes I tend to lean towards forum/paragraph style. As far as genre goes I am a sucker for supernatural and modern-fantasy although I am also interested in horror. I am kinda interested in doing some animal roleplays but I have never tried that before.

I am currently looking for a modern greek god roleplay, that has always been one of my favorite settings. I will have to set up a looking for rp forum for it.
Yeah, it can be a little odd. ^^; I barely ever touch the Find RP tool, but I know others who get a lot out of it. *shrugs*

I was thinking mostly in terms of genre when I asked, but figured you'd mention anything you felt to be worth mentioning. :) I'm a broad range of fantasy, myself. I've never knowingly done horror, but I do have a couple characters that would prolly work well for it (one of which I was recently outright told would be great in horror).

Curious: you ever read American Gods? Friend of mine did, and from what he said, it's a pretty cool book. All modern on the myths and stuff.
Ghas Topic Starter

I think I have heard about American Gods before but I've never gotten around to reading it. I will have to see if my library has a copy. I feel like I saw a book with the same title somewhere . . .

I should probably go make a post in the looking for rp forum although I am not very good with those . . . I usually already have a setting, or at least rules, in mind and I can't explain them very well ^^;

Whatever though, practice makes perfect :)
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! Did you figure out the RP Finder? :) Given your interests I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine. I love the whole 'modern gods' genre and I have a lot of fun with it. I even made an OC's that's supposed to be the son of Hades and Persephone XD Also I'm in the middle of reading American Gods and it's a really good book :D

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask! We're all super friendly and happy to help ^_^
Ghas wrote:
I think I have heard about American Gods before but I've never gotten around to reading it. I will have to see if my library has a copy. I feel like I saw a book with the same title somewhere . . .

I should probably go make a post in the looking for rp forum although I am not very good with those . . . I usually already have a setting, or at least rules, in mind and I can't explain them very well ^^;

Whatever though, practice makes perfect :)

Welcome to rpr! Your character seems to be pretty interesting and down-to-earth both both lookwise and powerwise so I don't think you'll have trouble finding people to rp with. To be blunt, she has a really attractive profile and if I were into greek mythology rp, I wouldn't have wasted a single second before asking you to rp. >v<
I'm new to role playing but I'm hoping to have fun

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Newb Alert

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus