Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi. New guy here.

The automatic prompting thing told me I should come here and say Hello.

Hello.

I'm very new to the site, have been casually RPing on and off for a while now, and I'm interested to start making up some characters and seeing what this place has to offer.
hope all goes well.
Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or troubles while making characters and trying to find some RP, please don't hesitate to ask :D We're ally really friendly and I'm sure you'll be making lots of RP buddies in no time flat! ^_^
maskman Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or troubles while making characters and trying to find some RP, please don't hesitate to ask :D We're ally really friendly and I'm sure you'll be making lots of RP buddies in no time flat! ^_^

At the moment i'm playing with an idea for a potential RP setting, but I don't feel i'm experienced enough to put it out in the wild as yet... And to that end I'm not having a lot of luck with the "find RP" button. would you happen to know of any groups that have a good reputation and accept newbies?
maskman wrote:
Loki wrote:

At the moment i'm playing with an idea for a potential RP setting, but I don't feel i'm experienced enough to put it out in the wild as yet... And to that end I'm not having a lot of luck with the "find RP" button. would you happen to know of any groups that have a good reputation and accept newbies?

I'm a newbie to this site like you, so I know where you're coming from. My suggestion is to ignore the 'find rp' button, for now atleast, and rater go to the 'looking for rp' forum pages and try finding something suiting you or putting your idea out. Another thing you might try is doing 1x1 rps. I have found 1x1 rps a lot easier and fulfilling so far because the story is moving faster, you don't feel pressured to prove your characters worth and things are still spontaneous, but very much under control.
I hope this is of any help and good luck! :)
Welcome! :)

I usually ignore the Find RP tool myself, and just go to Looking for RP, or sometimes I'll just as someone directly, whether by PM or if I run into them in the main chat. Don't worry about your experience for posting ideas though (it is good to feel comfortable posting it, of course). Even if it turns out to need a little patching or something, folks are usually happy to help out (and tend to be aware that nothing ever starts out perfect).

I'm not familiar with any groups that have a bad reputation or that aren't open to newbies... One of the more recent ones I've joined (still new and looking for members!) is Shadywood. I also run Villains-R-Us, if you like to play villains or opposite of player villains. :)
maskman Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:
Welcome! :)

I usually ignore the Find RP tool myself, and just go to Looking for RP, or sometimes I'll just as someone directly, whether by PM or if I run into them in the main chat. Don't worry about your experience for posting ideas though (it is good to feel comfortable posting it, of course). Even if it turns out to need a little patching or something, folks are usually happy to help out (and tend to be aware that nothing ever starts out perfect).

I'm not familiar with any groups that have a bad reputation or that aren't open to newbies... One of the more recent ones I've joined (still new and looking for members!) is Shadywood. I also run Villains-R-Us, if you like to play villains or opposite of player villains. :)

The shadywood one sounds good. I'm not clear on what the protocol is for joining a group (whether i need to ask permission or anything along those lines), reckon it would be okay to join up, observe for a short time?
Different groups have different protocols, which are usually explained in the rules and/or the application. Shadywood is pretty open, so go ahead! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi. New guy here.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus