Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » BY THE NINE!

That's right folks! OBLIVION RELATED ROLEPLAY! YES!
I've already seen one or two floating about that already look filled up and stuffed with the limitations of characters allowed in the group. Totally understandable, sometimes having too many characters can befuddle the story line and make things far too confusing.

Now, I stated before in the Introduction Forum that I've come from multiple roleplaying sites in the past that consisted of a mishmash of everything. One big roleplaying site was an all age location, not as free as this place, but teeming with generic meme related slang and blurbs from 4chan all along with shoddy characters. I mean characters that were just lazy and thought up by a random brain fart in attempts to get attention and to goof off. They didn't take roleplaying too seriously, but the moderators/mentors were nice and it was literally a community that TAUGHT you how to roleplay properly and how to improve on your skills. I guess you could say it was a remedial class for people wanting to go back and learn the basics of character creation, but they still had to put up with the kids who were in detention after school.

My friends and I decided to make up a roleplay revolving around Morrowind. It was great, but it seriously dragged on and everyone was confused with the plotline. We didn't know what we were doing and we didn't know how to properly guide others on what to do and in the end the roleplay was abandoned just after three pages.

My second encounter with a TES related roleplay was at Roleplay Haven. Mostly revolved around the anime related community, the place..was..well..drama filled. You had your required 18 years or older rules and the obscenities were high between the acts of lewd sex, nudity, and what I like to call typefooking. But, you had the freedom to create your own private rooms, and if ya donated, you could even have your own permanent room set up so others could see and join up. Kind of like private clubs. It was nice and gave you a decent advantage since your room wouldn't be removed once you or the selected moderators who left would have no worries of having it being forgotten.

Now, things started off grand with the Oblivion roleplay. People were getting involved, characters being made, and the room flourished quite well, but the outcome of there was more wanton intentions of wanting to goof off as well as having the storyline being open ended left it quite conflicting. Arguments between meta-gaming/marry sue related characters sprouted up. People were not following the proper lore as well as wanting to have all these almighty god-like characters that would just be moot in the storyline itself and it would just turn out to be one wang-waving fest of mayhem. Rules were in place, the owners of the said room were firm with the regulations of the room, and of course there's always the nay-sayer and Mr. Literal that has to throw a fit.

In the end? There were only four people showing up between the hours of 11pm-4am. Sometimes just the room owner herself, sitting there, alone. It was depressing and nothing could really be done. The plot hadn't moved for weeks and if the plot did pick up, many forgot where they had left off and simply had to start all over again or simply just left because the room was going nowhere.

ANYWAYS. ABOUT THE ROLEPLAY. I wanted to combine these two ideals that I participated in, even helped on other roleplaying sites in hopes to revive, maybe even add some fresh content upon the board game.

The storyline starts three years after the Oblivion Crisis has ended. Cyrodiil is in disarray, the counties facing their own conflicts, which I shall explain later, and things are simply going to hell. If you know enough about TES Lore, the Oblivion Crisis was actually some sort of Prophecy leading up to the end of the very world involving the Dragons of Skyrim(OHGODIT'SCOMINGOUTSOONSOEXCITED!!!) and something else, dunno all the details on that, might have to look it up again to make sure. Anyways! With Cyrodiil going through hell, Morrowind has been dealing with their conflicts as well even before the Oblivion Crisis with the Nerevar has left to explore other foreign provinces and letting the Great Houses pick up the pieces after the destruction of Dagoth Ur upon Red Mountain.

If you've played Oblivion, a lovely thing that one could overhear from town's people talking is when they talk of the provinces. Morrowind is in disarray as House Hlaalu holds the reins while they begin to pick and tear away at House Redoran piece by piece./Bandits and Skooma dealers are running around in Elswyer in attempts to cross Cyrodiil/etc. etc. the list goes on.

If anything, the roleplay would be semi-open. Possibly a group of 4-7 characters with their own backstory as they attempt to either make the choice of helping Cyrodiil return to its former glory, or be the hands of its destruction. It'd be fantasy related(duh), combat too so rules of magic and weapons would be limited. Leveling up would be just like you're playing the game; Major skills are harder to level up on, but they allow you to level up further as a character. It'd be something semi-long term depending on how many are willing to participate. I'd either have it that when a person wishes not to participate in the roleplay anymore that they'd either just "die" or simply just wander off towards one of the other provinces for some reason or another.

The rules would be obviously logical and simple; explicit related content taken elsewhere, age limits around 17, no ultimate weapons/powers, not owning any of the expansion related buildings, and of course those wishing to be guildmasters of the various guilds would have to prove themselves well off enough to earn such a status.

But..of course, I need your input. Yay or nay?
Yay, I'd say! ... No rhyme intended.

I haven't done forum/written roleplaying with the use of the kind of rules and dynamics and leveling such as you describe before, but I've heard of it before and would like to try. I'd have to make a new, fresh character for the occasion, as all my current characters are being developed differently, but I can never have too many TES characters! XD
It sounds very interesting, and supposedly all of the Elder Scrolls game hints up to Skyrim, not just oblivion. But id have to make a new chara as well lol

Also! what about items from the expansions? Because whenever i played Morrowind(Which was all the time, still do) I always went for Hiriciens (dunno if i spelt it right) Ring (in the expansion bloodmoon, which is my fav). Which, instead of having to catch the werewolf disease on the island, it allowed you to turn into one when you had it on.
Yeah, Morrowind! This name brings a lot of good old memories (Cliffracers, how much I miss you!). The rules you're speaking of seem quite interesting too, and definitely worth a try! :D As my fellow rolepplayers, I'll just need a new character, for whom I have already some ideas. =)
Omnichromiogasm Topic Starter

Oh i made the roleplay. So excited!
Anyone wanting to join up should CLICK ME
Omnichromiogasm Topic Starter

Alright! The roleplay is up and ready! Send those characters in! Get accepted!
LET'S SAVE CYRODIIL....or destroy it..either one is cool... :P

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » BY THE NINE!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus