Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Introductions

Hello everyone, i discovered this site a little while ago and now got off my butt to introduce myself. So hello there!
Welcome! Good to see you introducing yourself. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

So what sort of RPs do you favor?
Blitztastic Topic Starter

Glad to have the warm welcome Novalyyn. For your question on what rps i prefer, I a flap between just random spurs of short role-plays and longer term rps with a good setting set up for it.

Also clean, im indifferent on the subject, but clean is good.
Sanne Moderator

Heya, welcome to the site!! :)

What do you mean with clean? As in PG13 friendly roleplays? And any particular genres you like? I'm rather partial to fantasy and dabble in sci-fi myself. :D
A specific clean, or just child-friendly overall? For example, I keep away from sexual stuff, but I occasionally get a tad detailed on the gore and some of my characters use foul language at times. ^^;

So fantasy, sci-fi, realistic, supernatural, romance, high school, post-apocalyptic... You just generally count yourself flexible? :)

And you'll likely get more greetings, folks are pretty friendly here. :)

To both of your questions, i mean clean as in no blatant sexual content (flirt and tease in character i can handle). On the genre quires I'm more of a fantasy and science guy (I love the child of both Science fantasy and dungeon punk). I'm not one for rps like romance and realistic, romance can be in the rp but I'm not sure about it being the driving focus. I RARELY ever go into the realms of high-school rps. Post-apocalypse is an obvious, who doesn't like a little apocalypse?
Dungeon punk? I have to say, I haven't heard of that before. ^^; What defines it?

Can i be lazy and give you the tvtropes page? Ill probably do badly at defining/explaining it.
Novalyyn wrote:
Dungeon punk? I have to say, I haven't heard of that before. ^^; What defines it?

*be-deep boop*

"Dungeon punk" appears to be (from what I can dredge up in brief) a three-way shotgun marriage of commonplace fantasy magic, the cynical views of cyber-punk, and some of the ridiculous mechanisms of steam-punk. Hard-boiled, nearly noir-styled action combined with magical elements and technological "wonders" run by means not entirely explained (ie - pseudo-"SCIENCE!!" or magic), in less genre-beating terms. Still, even that definition is pretty loose, as interpretations of the "genre" seem to vary quite a bit depending upon whom you ask.

Some examples may include:
-- the Planescape D&D setting (as well as the Planescape: Torment videogame based within this setting - which, if you love RPGs [esp. CRPGs] and haven't played, shame on you!)
-- elements of Final Fantasy 6 & 7
-- possibly quite a bit of what happens in mainstream comics,
-- Jade Empire, to an extent
-- Full Metal Alchemist (again, possibly - definitions seem to vary).
Sure. :)

I'll just have to not read it until I have a decent chunk of free time. ^^;
EDIT: Blargh. Somehow I quoted myself X__x
Ignooooore meeeeee~

Welp i guess i dont have to do it now since its been summed up XD. Thank you Caustic.
*beep*

That will be three dollars, please ^_^
jk, but you're welcome .___.
Hi there! Welcome to RPR. I hope you're enjoying it here so far! Everyone in the community is really friendly so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :)
Hi All. New here. Liking the idea of this forum though. Will be adding lots of characters to it :)
Hello to you as well! Good to hear. ^^
Hello! I'm very new..I wonder if I'll make some nice connections? Anyways, please feel free to offer a plot, story idea, or just a talk.
Well hello to another! Just so you know, you're welcome to create your own intro topics. :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Introductions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus